RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook1

Microphones At The Starting Area Of Races

Can anyone please tell me what value it is to punters to have microphones at the starting area of races?? Today before Race 2 at Cromwell all you could hear was a foul mouthed female jockey F*** this , F*** that. and then you get it at the trots in the Canterbury area where you get Peter Lamb(starter) barking orders to drivers then hearing him tossing his toys when things goes wrong.

I don't think this has any value whatsoever , don't get me wrong I enjoy the " I got the all clear and lights" and " I got the power" but the rest of the stuff is not needed

..i thought the cursing was aimed at an ignorant or oblivious attendant..as their resultancy had put the rider into a dangerous position with her mount 'performing' fractiously with it's limbs And lunges.

..maybe Mr.Lamb could change his reactions or at least the vocabulary of them., where as today's occurence is very rare and was  empathetical

So she should have been - I was listening on the radio in the car with my family and it was shocking! 

I am all for having sound from the start - it ads to the coverage etc when the gates open.

As for this - who saw the starting crew give the horse a boot in the backside at Wanganui Race 1 Saturday?

"Following the event Stewards addressed starter B Clement with regard to the amount of time spent attempting to load GOLDEN JUBILEE away which the Stewards considered to be excessive on this occasion. The Manager of the Starting Crew was addressed by the Stewards with regard to the conduct of his staff when loading away a problematic horse."

Terrible - c'mon people, get professional, you know your going to been seen & heard around at the start. Why do it?

Just another example of the erosion of standards in society. As that other famous "small person"( not a jockey) Napozzzn once stated "A nation is as moral as it's women!" Don't despair however, salvation is just around the corner with Colin Craig and the Conservatives. Only problem could be that Colin does not appear to be the type to laud the racing industry.

Ashoka...

His height and propensity for having his hand in his vest would have deemed him useless at the LA Lakers!

Scotch Thistle...

Don't blame the loudspeakers. Sweeney mumbles the whole time and has the discourteous habit of NEVER looking at his interviewees.

Get real you people. Having mics at the starting gates is enriched media. The more the better. All you've got to do is tell the people they're on the mat.

Indeed Berri you are so right!!

The more media the better! You don't see starting attendtands etc, putting the boot in at Flemington/Caulfield! Stuff like that is not called for - even more so now with the animal rights groups shining the spotlight on racing, more so in Aussie!

..i thought the cursing was aimed at an ignorant or oblivious attendant..as their resultancy had put the rider into a dangerous position with her mount 'performing' fractiously with it's limbs And lunges.

..maybe Mr.Lamb could change his reactions or at least the vocabulary of them., where as today's occurence is very rare and was  empathetical

Hedley im sorry to say but the rider was never in a dangerous position but the ranting and raving from her put a lot of the others in a position of danger...

..couldn't possibly comment on that.,

you'll have to ask others [trackside viewers]..what they thought they were seeing and hearing then.

she cursed for some reason you'd suppose, and there was certainly equine aggitation happening.

..couldn't possibly comment on that.,

you'll have to ask others [trackside viewers]..what they thought they were seeing and hearing then.

she cursed for some reason you'd suppose, and there was certainly equine aggitation happening.

You did comment though !! Plenty of viewers and listeners like me saw and heard it...had absolutely nothing to do with a half un-educated horse did it ?? :)

..i had my head down in the TurfDigest writing..heard what i thought i heard, to lift my eyes onto Trackside..and drew my conclusion [the gates were rattling from the noise of 'horse struggle', so when i heard the curses..i had to look up]

hey All

im in the belief the closer we get with t.v and mic;s the better for the industry,

yes the old f bomb will be dropped however i would rather have up close and personal than the other, 

with so much racing now getting good lead up time is hard, so for me personally im up for it,

Michael Clarke not to happy at the moment about mic's though eh,

so it can happen in any sport