RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Turny

KELLY EVANDER fires up today

I think by the time his 2nd race comes around the grandstand should be half down - Brian has a busy night ahead of him

I think by the time the 2nd race comes around Kelly should just about have finished. :D

Has gone mainstream & reportedly unlucky last time. Maybe its 147th time lucky?

Talk about "crash" the divy

Maybe he will do another sneaky like when he sent Invasion Of Privacy to Jimmy Bond for a few weeks and she won at big odds, still under B.O'Connor in the race book ;)

8th baby!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES

to be honest wacky I was abit disappointed with her finish... thought it was a better drive by Brian,... how did he end up on the rail... I thought he was going to settle 3 back on the outside... oh well! onwards... :rolleyes:

ps. the winner this week finished 16l from the winner last week and came out and won... kelly was that far behind last night, perhaps next time... :\

It's curious that we are a nation which falls over ourselves to support the underdog where other (more successful) sporting nations support winners. Look at the ludicrous support for Chris Martin every time he scores a run. He should be ridiculed mercilessly into improving his batting standard and strive for a test 50; not encouraged to feel proud of scoring one run.

Our sports teams consistently fall at the crucial hurdle (e.g. the women cricketers today) because we have a tall-poppy culture which creates a nation of people who don't want or don't know how to be the best.

Auckland Reactor, Changeover, Sir Slick - all champions who cop more flak for whatever reason than they do support. The sooner we ignore losers and start to support winners the better for the future of NZ.

p.s. I know it's just a bit of fun and i don't mean to be a killjoy but it just came to my attention that this is an ingrained part of our culture that is self-debilitating.

Sorry but I disagree. "Winners" make up a relatively small percent of the population but get the majority of the applause/profits; so there's nothing wrong with celebrating the majority of competitors who just keep having a go.

It's curious that we are a nation which falls over ourselves to support the underdog where other (more successful) sporting nations support winners. Look at the ludicrous support for Chris Martin every time he scores a run. He should be ridiculed mercilessly into improving his batting standard and strive for a test 50]

I agree completely.

we are a country of four million who whinges why we dont win everything. we actually box well above our weight in the overall picture.

get up kelly!!!

andrew morris selects kelly as his long shot in the ODT. What a legend!!! Hrnz getting amongst kelly fever!!

will the bookie$ come to 'the party' with $148 :D

I'm happy to spooke it for them if the keep offering those sort of odd$ :cool:

It's curious that we are a nation which falls over ourselves to support the underdog where other (more successful) sporting nations support winners. Look at the ludicrous support for Chris Martin every time he scores a run. He should be ridiculed mercilessly into improving his batting standard and strive for a test 50]

as this is not a put down site at all - far from it.

All of us are genuine supporters hoping like hell that Brian and Kelly get a result - we want them to win - we are supporting a battler in a tough game as we respect and appreciate his efforts.

Now if we were "getting up the big guns" and putting them down then I would sign off with thanks and agree with you.

But as far as our Kelly is concerned this is far from it.

Agree with you though, Kiwi's do generally attack success rather than support it, they change their attitude when they come over here tho.

Good Luck and back the winners

as this is not a put down site at all - far from it.

All of us are genuine supporters hoping like hell that Brian and Kelly get a result - we want them to win - we are supporting a battler in a tough game as we respect and appreciate his efforts.

Now if we were "getting up the big guns" and putting them down then I would sign off with thanks and agree with you.

But as far as our Kelly is concerned this is far from it.

well said turny! 100% in agreement! :y: