RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lucy65

Triabit- Blood In Mouth After Use

Does anyone else find that after using the Triabit there is blood on bit?? I have been using it on my horses, 2 of the 3 horses leave blood on the bit, I can't see where the blood comes from, they aren't pulling or throwing their heads so no extra force on bit, just wandering if anyone else finds this?? I like the bit, very much other than this.

Does anyone else find that after using the Triabit there is blood on bit?? I have been using it on my horses, 2 of the 3 horses leave blood on the bit, I can't see where the blood comes from, they aren't pulling or throwing their heads so no extra force on bit, just wandering if anyone else finds this?? I like the bit, very much other than this.

You are not filling us in with much .

are the horses just doing trackwork?

Is it occurring after racing?

do you have changes in the riders ie. trackwork

have you examined your horses mouths especially inside down the side of the gums for scarring or open cuts (most probable cause) just run your index finger around in the corner of the mouth .doesnt take much of a cut to produce blood on any bit.

I've seen a couple that the Triabit pinched cheeks on, young ones that were upgrading from tom thumbs to "big kid bits", once they had worn them a few times they seemed ok though. Just as an observation, I think they are the kind of bit that is better off half a hole looser than your standard bit, they seem to sit better and riders have said horses are more relaxed with them that way. 

Been out of the game for a couple of years and have never come across a Triabit.I have used like most trainers Ring bits for years especially in races if only for the fact they cant go through a horses mouth should it decide to go in a different direction than the jockey wants.Having said that I personally dont like them as horses tend to fight a ring bit especially in trackwork if they pull a bit(pardon the pun)Most European trainers use Snaffles as they are easier on the mouth and checkers are a good way to counteract them coming through.If anyone can tell me why most horses race here in ring bits other than everyone does it I would like to know because I really dont see their advantage.Lucy if there are no cuts obvious in your horses mouth but you see blood he could be biting his tounge and if he is that may be because of the bit.He also may need his teeth seen too