RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

All Blacks Game

What a pleasure to watch! Simply outstanding game of Union. Has to go alongside Sydney in 2000, if not better. Remarkable courage playing with 14 men for 20 minutes. Kieran Read is simply a freak. Ben Smith outstanding. Julian Savea was Lomu esk with every touch. Beauden Barrett's incredible try. McCaw is just the ultimate professional. Nothing better than beating RSA in their own back yard.

This could get real ugly tho... Don't understand how the All Blacks management DIDN'T know Coles wasn't on the official list when even Tony Johnson got told about it before the game... Had to get signed off and apparently it was a 'typo'... Wonder if the NZ tab will pay out on South Africa if the All Blacks get points taken off them, they did for Valerie Adams! ( Not that I backed them ).

another scs riddled post

well done eric, well done indeed.

I'm picking you never watched the All Blacks game, I watched both games and am a fan of both codes. Apparently last nights GF was 'one of the greatest finals ever'....IMO the union game was BY FAR the better viewing spectacle. The speed of the game, the atmosphere and the skill level of the players far higher... You can't say that about most union games but this was one for the ages.

I'm picking you never watched the All Blacks game, I watched both games and am a fan of both codes. Apparently last nights GF was 'one of the greatest finals ever'....IMO the union game was BY FAR the better viewing spectacle. The speed of the game, the atmosphere and the skill level of the players far higher... You can't say that about most union games but this was one for the ages.

and i'm tipping just like eric your eyes are painted on.

I watched both games on mysky and the difference between the two games was telling.

The NRL gf I watched in about 45 mins fast forwarding all the crap. Was a reasonably exciting game of hit up x5 and kick and giggle. Best part was the 'almost contested' scrum that had rabbits gushing for the good ol days.

The rugby took two full hours to watch rewinding and replaying all of the amazing plays. And I could watch it again.

No comparison

Both games were fantastic spectacles - no need for a pissing contest..

Pogo is just a bit grumpy because he did his dosh on the Sea Eagles and mocked anyone who dared to suggest the Roosters were a superior outfit. <_<

funniest post ever

how anyone could lose when manly traded 10 into 2.32 is beyond me.....

unless of course they were a kiwi.

Keen Interest Without Intelligence.

it$ a beautiful day.

More ozi arse toasted. Just did enough to keep in front. Gee I like Sam Cane but Ardie Savea will be putting the blow torch on soon. Impressive type of bloke and player. Looks like a leader.

Don't think oz would have got as close if Conrad had played

More ozi arse toasted. Just did enough to keep in front. Gee I like Sam Cane but Ardie Savea will be putting the blow torch on soon. Impressive type of bloke and player. Looks like a leader.

Don't think oz would have got as close if Conrad had played

It's getting a bit "Ho-Hum" now isn't it mate,against these Aussies.

For so long they gave us a decent game but the tide has swung fully back to the 'Boks' as the team to beat.The Aussies are in trouble and McKenzie needs to stamp his authority over the dorks who infiltrate that side.O'Connor and Beale to start with.Cooper seems to have pulled his head in,but the game is bigger than those troublemakers.

On to the Northern tour,and the quest for an unbeaten season.England undone us last year so I'm pretty sure the ABs will be up for that one.

Odds on an unbeaten season?

eric, you are 100% correct is it a bit ho hum , the all blackscs are clearly superior

but yawnion is generally ho hum at the best of times.

why doesn't an aussie forward absolutely snot one of the opposition and start a stink ?

clearly the current crop have no ticker, one can only imagine what steve finnane must be thinking.

eric, you are 100% correct is it a bit ho hum , the all blackscs are clearly superior

but yawnion is generally ho hum at the best of times.

why doesn't an aussie forward absolutely snot one of the opposition and start a stink ?

clearly the current crop have no ticker, one can only imagine what steve finnane must be thinking.

And not just Steve Finnane mate.. Mark Loane,Simon Poidevan,Ray Price etc...they'll be embarrassed by this current lot. But the game doesn't cater for the punch ups or the "snotting" anymore,but it still caters for some ticker,big tackles,clean outs and mongrel...but the Aussies are seriously lacking in that department.

Compare the likes of Du Plessis,Read,Etzebeth and McCaw to Simmons and Fardy and it's no comparison.

Hopefully McKenzie uncovers some rough diamonds in the near future otherwise Australian Rugby may suffer the same fate as their Americas Cup Boat..sunk

Their front five has been the problem for ages.Exactly no ticker.

All these so called experts on TV here,Martin,Horan,Quears etc never mention it.

Look at Rettalic.2 years ago not heard of.When they picked him I tought it was Callum and thought wft.

He is a star now.Has the necessary set of balls.The ozzi five must be geldings.Even Horwill is poor.

Maybe his injuries are catching up.

Yes Cat I'd sat $1.20 for an unbeaten year...

boris reckons the new aussie boat has been named " my missus"..... :o

anyway you  can wallow in the glory of beating off the blokes in yellow ad nauseum as it's going to be some time before we are competitive again.

unless matt dunning gets makes a comeback.....

The problems for Australian Rugby union is they have no depth of players or coaches and they have no production line.

Despite this they often throw up really talented/tough players.

With no depth they can't afford to have Higginbottam and Pocock (to name but two) out injured and Beale and O'Connor off on sobering up leave.

Personally I enjoyed the game last Saturday after thinking I'd find it a bit 'Ho hum".

I especially liked the look of the Aussie midfield pairing. With time and remaining injury free they look to have the potential to develop into a real good combo. The little flanker is a goer as well (he'd make the All Black squad), but too often left to do it all on his own.

One final point would be - This is a very good All Black team at then moment. History may rate it right up there with the best.

Agree Uriah,this is one tenacious All Black side,with a will to win backed up with supreme skill set to overcome any defensive lapses.

If we can cream England(the rest don't stand a chance) then they will be up there with the best ever. Of course the icing on the cake is retaining the World Cup( never achieved before ). I think they can do it with the present regime, we have the required depth and the skill set shown by players no matter where they are on the field. Hanson is one shrewd bastard and clever. He is using crossover skills ,where even Forwards are able to do things once the domain of midfield backs or even wingers. A real pleasure to watch at the moment.

Well we didn't "cream" the Poms, but we did beat them and that's the main thing.

The way they always play against us I can't work out how the England team does not win the 6 Nations four years out of 5.

Huge, tough, forwards, tight defence and a goal kicker who never misses. And don't they just hate the haka?? I reckon it fires them up more than us.

My only conclusion is that they get really worked up for All Black games and can't quite reach that level for 6 nations opponents.

Well we didn't "cream" the Poms, but we did beat them and that's the main thing.

The way they always play against us I can't work out how the England team does not win the 6 Nations four years out of 5.

Huge, tough, forwards, tight defence and a goal kicker who never misses. And don't they just hate the haka?? I reckon it fires them up more than us.

My only conclusion is that they get really worked up for All Black games and can't quite reach that level for 6 nations opponents.

And that is the difference, you have to be a very special team to maintain "the performance", only one team currently does that