RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hung Leica

New South Island Commentator/t Lee

The word on the street is they've given the job to Jason Teaz albeit because an Aussie pulled out at the last minute. Anyway it will be interesting to see how Teaz goes. He's had a chequered past to say the least. He will have a fair bit of relationship building to do with his fellow callers, especially the ones he's publicly bagged over the years. As an aside, why did Broomhall not reconsider Tony Lee's offer to come back into the fold? A year has passed since his last racecall and I think the vast majority of racing fans would love to see T Lee back in the industry in some shape or form. Time you listened to the people Glen!

Nothing against Jason, but he doesnt excite me that much.

Now Tony Lee, That would be great, The Sth Island racegoers would have loved that! He would settle in real well down here.

Nothing against Jason, but he doesnt excite me that much.

Now Tony Lee, That would be great, The Sth Island racegoers would have loved that! He would settle in real well down here.

why would Tony Lee bother even considering a job in the south Island???

Geez he is a Wellington boy

He once went to Ashburton for the weekend and that was some ordeal

If tony comes back it would have to be as the top commentator in NZ

sorry he once called at the West Coast  that was no ideal  it was great

Indeed it was great to have the magic man calling on the Coast and he enjoys his trips down here too.  He came down off his own bat for Reon's last day a few years back and of course organised the Racing for Pike thing a couple of years back.  George called a race or two down here that year as well 

We would love to have T Lee(or GS) back any time.

Greg Radley was a handy caller down here a few years back as well

Tom did a great job for us though and It is great to have been part of his development. 

why would Tony Lee bother even considering a job in the south Island???

Geez he is a Wellington boy

He once went to Ashburton for the weekend and that was some ordeal

If tony comes back it would have to be as the top commentator in NZ

sorry he once called at the West Coast  that was no ideal  it was great

Well....Obviously you clowns in Wellington didnt look after him...So send him down here...He will flourish again!

I believe it was for Otago, *also would include West Coast circuit too? DM would keep Southland?

So yea it sounds like he'd be doing the Coast,which is where Tom Wood used to venture too.And another place where Tom Wood used to call at was the top of the south circuit...personally i hope that Mark Mc keeps coming up this way,i guess we will find out in January.

Get rid of Glenn Broomhall and Tony will be back

So true Rumpole,that guy is a muppet,Just listening to Radio Talkback and hear 2 staff are on 800k and they work for the council and yet the the guy who runs the COUNTRY is on 350k,WORK THAT OUT,WE ARE SURROUNDED BY MUPPETS

So true Rumpole,that guy is a muppet,Just listening to Radio Talkback and hear 2 staff are on 800k and they work for the council and yet the the guy who runs the COUNTRY is on 350k,WORK THAT OUT,WE ARE SURROUNDED BY MUPPETS

Maybe the guy on 350k doesnt need more when worth 55mill????

People seem to have mis-interpreted my original posting.  Of course T Lee wouldn't apply for the role Teaz has been given.  But my mail is he's offered to come back into the fold in some shape or form and has been told no thanks by Glen Broomhall. 

The irony of all this of course is Broomhall let Teaz go as a cadet and now sees fit to take him back, so why not get the best commentator NZ has ever seen back as well?  Even if not in the role as commentator he could help mentor new talent coming through the ranks.

NZ racing is poorer without T Lee, it certainly wouldn't be any poorer without Glen Bromhall!