RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mmmyb

Manawatu - Race 10 - Starter

Did anyone else see the starter before the lids open answer his cellphone.

If this was the case, then that is atrocious. Lets see if the Stipes pick it up.

Was it ringing or just vibrating, either way It could have been distracting for the dogs.

Handlers get fined for use of their cellphones pre race - i.e stir ups or in the kennel block, so whats going to happen here.

Come on Stipes, pick it up.

Anyone else see it?

Doesn't surprise me.

The parade steward leaves something to be desired too. Far too casual in his attitude, and with his shirt hanging out. We just got another reminder re the dress code. Should apply to everyone. 

If the starter used his phone, a fine should be given.

Did anyone else see the starter before the lids open answer his cellphone.

If this was the case, then that is atrocious. Lets see if the Stipes pick it up.

Was it ringing or just vibrating, either way It could have been distracting for the dogs.

Handlers get fined for use of their cellphones pre race - i.e stir ups or in the kennel block, so whats going to happen here.

Come on Stipes, pick it up.

Anyone else see it?

probably the broadcaster ringing him to make sure dogs were in right box

To the best of my knowledge the reason cell phones became banned is dogs were given live kills whilst a cell phone sounded. The dog at the boxes hearing the particular ring tone suddenly switches on thinking he's about to get another live kill. This is the theory behind the banning of phones. No person to the best of my knowledge were ever caught or charged for this, but the rumours were strong that it was happening, hense the cell phone ban came to being. I only point this out as to the seriousness of phones ringing when the dogs are being loaded, and what it could mean.

To the best of my knowledge the reason cell phones became banned is dogs were given live kills whilst a cell phone sounded. The dog at the boxes hearing the particular ring tone suddenly switches on thinking he's about to get another live kill. This is the theory behind the banning of phones. No person to the best of my knowledge were ever caught or charged for this, but the rumours were strong that it was happening, hense the cell phone ban came to being. I only point this out as to the seriousness of phones ringing when the dogs are being loaded, and what it could mean.

Ringa Ding Ding.....:)  It is happening now with vibration onto the lead with the appropriate wiring... No ring a ding justa silent thing....

On the race replay on the dogs website - 30th September, go to 10:35 (minutes on youtube clip) and you can clearly see the starter talking on his cellphone during the head on.

Christchurch 3rd October:

Judicial report: Licenced Handler Mr M Lin was fined the sum of $50 for failing to ensure his cellular device was switched off when handling pre race.

This sounds like the device went off making a sound, yet he wouldn't have realised.

If the Manawatu starters phone went off, he blatantly continued use of it.