RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

The G G O A

The greatest game of all !

Rugby League.

Clearly evident after 2 rounds of NRL just how good this game is......

Wests Tigers, Parramatta, Jarrod Hayne, The Green Machine, Manu Vatuvei , Paul Gallen, etc etc ....

How good is it?

No fat , vertically challenged, snail like tattooed kegs on legs, no kicking the bejesus out of the Steeden, no one running horizontal to terra firma, and NO repacked ad nauseum scrums......

Yes, it's clear .

Rugby League > Yawnion x 1,000,000.

The late , great super coach Vince Villa was 100% correct at the SCG in 1970 when he made that comment, " Rugby League the GGOA "

How good is it?

No fat , vertically challenged, snail like tattooed kegs on legs, no kicking the bejesus out of the Steeden, no one running horizontal to terra firma, and NO repacked ad nauseum scrums......

Yes, it's clear .

:D

Rugby League.

Wests Tigers, Parramatta, Jarrod Hayne, The Green Machine, Manu Vatuvei , Paul Gallen, etc etc ....

How good is it?

Yes, it's clear .

The late , great super coach Vince Villa was 100% correct at the SCG in 1970 when he made that comment, " Rugby League the GGOA "

Pretty much bang on Pogo.

Nicely laid bait Pogo ;) but seriously,is this the 77th or 78th thread on this subject?

I may as well go and cut and paste my 125 replies so far...

But since you insist,here we go again..

The 'Greatest Game of all' ,depending on how you look at it,is Soccer,or Football,whichever you want to call it.

Clearly,for this to be a healthy debate rather than the opinion of a couple of leaguies on a chat board,is to define the meaning of the 'Greatest Game of all'.

Its laughable that you think Rugby League is when its a game played in Sydney by Sydney people and run by people in Sydney,who just happen to let a few other teams in to the 'Sydney Rugby League Competition'.

Has there ever been a Grand Final played outside of Sydney?

As for the game itself.Well...5 hit ups,kick,chase,take his head off...it aint exactly rocket science.

And if it really is the 'greatest game' then why has it not taken off Internationally?I mean,a world cup that ensures the only 3 countries that play it make a semi final and the 4th spot is contested between PNG and Samoa?Pleeeease...

Why has South Africa,USA,Scotland,Japan,Argentina etc etc NOT taken up the 'greatest game'??Maybe because it aint that great:rolleyes:

The Greatest Game?Pleeeease...

Rugby League.

How good is it?

Yes, it's clear .

Couldnt agree more.

.....cos as a kid if you were seen near the one League field , you were banned from all sports for life !!!!

But I do admire my 2 favourite players Manu Vatavei[sp] and Billy Slater , but cut the silly sledging Billy.

And of course I did coach a Warrior , RPacker , a few years back.

Oh , loved the old battlers MGraham, WLewis, Roach and a few others from a while back.

Nicely laid bait Pogo ]define the meaning of the 'Greatest Game of all'.

Its laughable that you think Rugby League is when its a game played in Sydney by Sydney people and run by people in Sydney,who just happen to let a few other teams in to the 'Sydney Rugby League Competition'.

Has there ever been a Grand Final played outside of Sydney?

As for the game itself.Well...5 hit ups,kick,chase,take his head off...it aint exactly rocket science.

And if it really is the 'greatest game' then why has it not taken off Internationally?I mean,a world cup that ensures the only 3 countries that play it make a semi final and the 4th spot is contested between PNG and Samoa?Pleeeease...

Why has South Africa,USA,Scotland,Japan,Argentina etc etc NOT taken up the 'greatest game'??Maybe because it aint that great:rolleyes:

The Greatest Game?Pleeeease...

funniest post ever.

Rugby League.

How good is it?

Yes, it's clear .

Is far more entertaining than Super 14 which is pretty much a Yawnfest.... however I really enjoyed a lot of games in last years Air NZ Cup...so I'm looking forward to that again this year...especially with the mighty Naki looking like Semi Final certainties

So pretty much agree here...

Jezza

People aged 40+ The majority will vote Union.

People aged between 30-40 split decision.

People under 30 will vote League.

I'm talking NZ public off course, although League has been around for years, it has really only come on the Scene since 1989, that epic final between the Tigers and Raiders.

So although Union is still well and clearly the #1 game in NZ, League will gather momentum as the generations move on.

I don't know why we can't enjoy both games, I loved the Blues Brumbies game, big fan of Rene Ranger, even though i'm not a Blues supporter.

So although Union is still well and clearly the #1 game in NZ, League will gather momentum as the generations move on. I don't know why we can't enjoy both games, I loved the Blues Brumbies game, big fan of Rene Ranger, even though i'm not a Blues supporter.

I think you're right, VC...

Three things might impact on League's immediate future in this country, though.

Two of them are negative:

1. The All Whites actually proving competitive in South Africa

2. The All Blacks winning the World Cup here next year

The third is positive, heh heh:

3. Terry Serepisos' long-lost, richer brother making a bid to relocate the Warriors in sports-loving, decent-stadiumed Wellington...

:)

with you on that one von , the blues v brumbies game was a goodie . but u seem to get a heap more entertaining and thrilling games of league than union these days. look over the weekend , eels v sea eagles , warriors v sharks , bronco's v raiders , tigers v roosters . all good games to watch . full of twists and turns

are you having a laugh ?

Rugby is played in NZ, by New Zealanders as well. Its our national sport and were so terrible we havnt even been able to win a world cup for over 20 years.

What other country have Rugby as their National Sport. Aus and SA dont ?

Why has South Africa,USA,Scotland,Japan,Argentina etc etc NOT taken up the 'greatest game'??Maybe because it aint that great

simply because they are not strong enough. Whens the last solid Japanese / Argentine man youve seen ?

I didnt see a single s14 game last week but watched every Nrl game.

You dont have to pick a sport, league or rugby, you can like both! But usually one is more exciting, and more often than not its league.

More personality, more action, better skill sets, its faster.. the list goes on.

But I'll take an all black game anyday, purely because of passion for them.

Most im guessing dont watch the NRL for passion, but more enjoyment, unless its origin or a test.

I've always enjoyed rugby union much more than rugby league. But the last two seasons of Super 14 compared to NRL, NRL easily wins in the entertainment department. This seasons NRL has roared into life straight away. Keep it up and I may have to put league ahead of union.

People aged 40+ The majority will vote Union.

People aged between 30-40 split decision.

People under 30 will vote League.

I'm talking NZ public off course, although League has been around for years, it has really only come on the Scene since 1989, that epic final between the Tigers and Raiders.

So although Union is still well and clearly the #1 game in NZ, League will gather momentum as the generations move on.

I don't know why we can't enjoy both games, I loved the Blues Brumbies game, big fan of Rene Ranger, even though i'm not a Blues supporter.

Dont stop at 1989 Von,how about the World Cup final at Eden Park in 1988...or that awesome test when we beat the Ozzies at Lang Park in 1983 when Ropati nailed the matchwinner..

Anyway,I hear yah."League will take over,its just a matter of time":rolleyes:...now,where have I heard that before?:D

You and Young Gun...fighting it out on a chat board in 20 years time when both Soccer and League have taken over while Union is only played in the backblocks of Ekatahuna...

are you having a laugh ?

Rugby is played in NZ, by New Zealanders as well. Its our national sport and were so terrible we havnt even been able to win a world cup for over 20 years.

What other country have Rugby as their National Sport. Aus and SA dont ?

Hell yeah I am having a laugh...at YOU!You make no sense whatsoever.What does Union and it being our National sport have to do with this?Anyway,I think you'll find Union is pretty popular in Wales and its pretty much the National sport of S.A...but what is your point?

simply because they are not strong enough. Whens the last solid Japanese / Argentine man youve seen ?

So League isnt played in Japan and Argentina because they arent strong enough?oh stop ityou are killing me.Thats the most pathetic statement EVER on cafe.Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa

This is all SUBJECTIVE OPINION.

No one is right or wrong of course.

Pogo starts yet another thread on this subject because all the pickles have gone off in the factory.

Fact is,Rugby Union is the greatest game of all,suck it up chaps:D

Its a beautiful day..

This is all SUBJECTIVE OPINION.

No one is right or wrong of course.

Pogo starts yet another thread on this subject because all the pickles have gone off in the factory.

Fact is,Rugby Union is the greatest game of all,suck it up chaps:D

Its a beautiful day..

About it being Subjective

To me Football is the greatest game of all..made even more enjoyable to me now that my beloved Stoke boys are in the top flight and I get to see them play on Telly......however

I have not missed an All Black or Naki game of Union live for god knows how long...although the AB test against Italy was played after a night out in Welly after the All Whites qualified for the World Cup so it was a very Blurry game in my opinion

League = Dragons, Queensland and Warriors...I love league when was the last time (apart from 7's) you saw an over 100 metre try in Union ...

In Summary....watch what you want, there are no right or wrong answers to which sport is the best...just support your teams with a passion.

Cheers and Beers

Jezza

Dont stop at 1989 Von,how about the World Cup final at Eden Park in 1988...or that awesome test when we beat the Ozzies at Lang Park in 1983 when Ropati nailed the matchwinner..

It's pretty simple Cat the younger generation weren't born then, it wasn't until after 1989 that the winfield cup became prominent viewing, in NZ.

All you need to do is look at the younger posters on this site the majority prefer League as a spectacle.

I will always watch an AB match over a League match, it's the passion we hold for them as being a Kiwi, and off course we usally win, which is an added bonus, and no one in my household :D is looking forward to the 2011 WC more than myself.

And just to finish things off Cat Union is GOOD, but League is in a LEAGUE of it's own.

NRL > Super 14 :rolleyes: easy decision

Union WC > League WC easy decision

Now here i was thinking you enjoyed both games.

Cartman is brainwashed and incapable of making an unbiased decision.

A cursory glance at both forms of the game leave no one in any doubt about the excitement levels of one v the other.

If you are an insomniac get a dose of Yawnion, it's the cure you have been waiting for.

As for Von Cettes comment re All Black matches that's fine and understandable for all SCS riddled followers, BUT don't forget Russians, Mexicans, Eskimos, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Portugese , Albanians, Spainish peoples as Zelda calls them etc etc etc, sit them in front of Cartman's plasma flat screen 400 inch TV with or without a dozen Steinlagers and they will all tell you League > Yawnion x 1,000,000.

AND ...........they are 100% correct.

Suck it up Eric.