RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ava13

Troy Harris

For a second drug offence (or 3rd indiscretion if you count the txt bullying episode ) I'd say he'll still be "reflecting" during the winter of 2011 !

Any less than 15 months and Bruce Herd will have every right to feel aggrieved.

Bruce Herd atually being an adult should have been more aware of the consequences. Yes, I do cut the younger ones a little more slack. 21 is only just an adult.

to keep his weight down.

I always said Troy and Chad Ormsby were much the same, both incredibly talented riders but just idiots off the track therefore wasted talents. (Chad seems to be going down the right path now though).

The natural balance and judgement of a race that both these boys pocess is as good as you will see in this country but for me as a punter that often follows the two of them they are frustrating that they just seem to get their weight under control and getting some good rides then stuff it up again!!

Maybe one day Troy will grow up and appreciate the talent he has that others work so hard to get, as for Chad lets hope he already has.

Thank you - yes, lets hope so. :)

gee leigh,my real name is shane smith i have posted it on here many times,i would very happily say it to his face,pothead jockeys are what racing in nz needs is that YOUR OPINION,if so maybe you have the biggest problem.If this idiot cant turn up to ride a 500kg animal at speed without a little pick me up then he needs to get a new career.What would be the papers headlines if this jockey caused a serious accident and injured an innocent jock.Really the publicity tb racing needs.For the safety of others get the guy of the track and the drugs.

He obviously has a problem and needs some help, that does not make him a bad person, sure he needs to get sorted but comments like yours are not needed, he needs help now, not ridicule.

He obviously has a problem and needs some help, that does not make him a bad person, sure he needs to get sorted but comments like yours are not needed, he needs help now, not ridicule.

but what shaes trying say if he needs help, then he should take time out and get it before his riding abilitys are afected and he kills a inocent person then its to late

- need help?

Everything is a sickness, problem or an addiction these days, for which people should be "treated" or "helped".

Even Tiger - the philanderer - seemingly has a sex addiction and has had 2 months of "therapy" and says he needs more. I reckon he just WANTED to have sex with a whole lot of women - he COULD have sex with a whole lot of women - so he DID have sex with a whole lot of women! (and probably thoroughly enjoyed himself until he got sprung!)

And what of drug use? Is cannabis REALLY physically and physiologically addictive? I'm not so sure. We all know the risks - we know it's illegal - and jockeys know they aren't allowed it in their systems. Yet some go ahead and use it (or other drugs).

I'm not so sure there are as many sicknesses and addictions out there that need "helping". I do think there's a serious lack of self discipline and personal responsibility in some individuals.

But perhaps they are unfashionable concepts these days ...

but what shaes trying say if he needs help, then he should take time out and get it before his riding abilitys are afected and he kills a inocent person then its to late

Well, put like that - no problem. I don't think anyone would disagree. Personal put downs for human mistakes never resolves any problems. That is the point scooby was making. (I think).

gee leigh,my real name is shane smith i have posted it on here many times,i would very happily say it to his face,pothead jockeys are what racing in nz needs is that YOUR OPINION,if so maybe you have the biggest problem.If this idiot cant turn up to ride a 500kg animal at speed without a little pick me up then he needs to get a new career.What would be the papers headlines if this jockey caused a serious accident and injured an innocent jock.Really the publicity tb racing needs.For the safety of others get the guy of the track and the drugs.

Another person confused with 'reefer madness' and making 'far out' accusations. What evidence is there that "this idiot cant turn up to ride a 500kg animal at speed without a little pick me"; THC will stay in the blood for weeks, so this is a massive jump in conclusion; and where is the evidence that having something in the system from a previous time period effects judgment, reactions? I am sure there is no study in the scientific literature.

Separating 'reefer madness' from the facts. I am sure it is part of the legal work contract they sign up to, with things clearly spelled out about what substances they can have in their blood; so that is part of the deal of being a professional jockey, but cut the crap with the 'reefer madness'.

I hope you completely abstain from alcohol, because regardless of what the government wants to classify it for tax purposes, it is a Class 'B' drug, and 1000s of times worse than pot. How many people died just this weekend because of it. So if you have ever drunk alcohol, remember you have taken drugs, and if you drink it regularly, you are a druggie, if you have had a party and shared it around, you are a drug distributor, if you have a pizza shop in the viaduct with a variety of cactus flavours, you are a drug dealer.

Some clinical information: "There was an interesting forensic case where a guy had to keep giving drug-free urines in order to stay out of jail as part of the drug court program in New South Wales. And this was someone who

Another person confused with 'reefer madness' and making 'far out' accusations. What evidence is there that "this idiot cant turn up to ride a 500kg animal at speed without a little pick me"; THC will stay in the blood for weeks, so this is a massive jump in conclusion; and where is the evidence that having something in the system from a previous time period effects judgment, reactions? I am sure there is no study in the scientific literature.

Separating 'reefer madness' from the facts. I am sure it is part of the legal work contract they sign up to, with things clearly spelled out about what substances they can have in their blood; so that is part of the deal of being a professional jockey, but cut the crap with the 'reefer madness'.

I hope you completely abstain from alcohol, because regardless of what the government wants to classify it for tax purposes, it is a Class 'B' drug, and 1000s of times worse than pot. How many people died just this weekend because of it. So if you have ever drunk alcohol, remember you have taken drugs, and if you drink it regularly, you are a druggie, if you have had a party and shared it around, you are a drug distributor, if you have a pizza shop in the viaduct with a variety of cactus flavours, you are a drug dealer.

Some clinical information: "There was an interesting forensic case where a guy had to keep giving drug-free urines in order to stay out of jail as part of the drug court program in New South Wales. And this was someone who

Its a choice he has made to smoke dope,lets remember he made the choice.Please tell me is it illegal.?WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE HIM ON THE TRACK OR OFF? Until he can test clean he needs to be removed,thats the only point.Get him whatever help he needs,but how many chances do you get,if i tested positive in a urine test my employment is terminated.Others have grown up and bounced back hopefully he will,but until then.....out!!!

get your facts right before you just start bagging the crap out of him.

he was using piss pills.

"Shane Smith"

Could it be the cannibis that is affecting his weight? I've heard of plenty of people who have had big changes to their diet because of it, either losing or gaining a fair bit of weight.

he is very tall.

& all skin & bone.

mmm, I wonder where he got that idea from?

won't be the last to tamper with samples, he is simply just the third to be caught.

Im sorry but I have no sympathy at all for any of them- sure they might need help now to get off what ever they are on but they made the dicision to start doing them in the first place, even if it was just piss pills, he took them knowing they werent allowed (I do sympathise a bit with Troy given his size) but he would have been better off just getting caught for those not tampering with his sample.

The thing with Troy is this is not his first strike, he has done some pretty bloody stupid things during his career, I look forward to the day he gets his **** together, he is such a talented rider, it is a shame to see him wasting it.

Guess its the ones with the natural talent that screw things up for themselves the most. Troy, Lisa and Bruce are all top top quality riders.

it wasn't marijuana, it was piss pills.

... throw stones should they!! They should get their facts right in the first place before slinging the mud. Having a weight problem is disastrous for someone of Troy's talent as a jockey in the racing game and yes I know a lot of jockeys have the same problem and deal with it differently. Lets hope he's not lost to the industry.

... throw stones should they!! They should get their facts right in the first place before slinging the mud. Having a weight problem is disastrous for someone of Troy's talent as a jockey in the racing game and yes I know a lot of jockeys have the same problem and deal with it differently. Lets hope he's not lost to the industry.

as much as i want see him stick around theres only so much a body can take