RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Legendoftheturf

Viewed will kill them in the Cup

Anyone in their right mind who has watched his runs... if they know anything about horses can see he is absolutely on fire... the horses' condition at present is better than its ever been.

He looks a treat after his run in the Caulfield Cup.....

When Barts horses run well in the Caulfield Cup they still move forward from then to that first Tuesday....

He will improve again.... and that being the case he will be at the 150m striding away like the past JB Cummings horses do on that special Tuesday.

Remember Lets Elope .....

Its happening again!!!

...And for anyone that still has queries re the 'dream run' he got in the Caulfield Cup.. all it means is he hasnt needed to do anything extra 'workwise' leading into the Cup.... no over taxing just the perfect build up

Hope you all get some extra in the pocket for OAKS day ....

All thanks to The Master and his supreme stayer.

Enjoy

Legendoftheturf

Anyone in their right mind who has watched his runs... if they know anything about horses can see he is absolutely on fire... the horses' condition at present is better than its ever been.

He looks a treat after his run in the Caulfield Cup.....

When Barts horses run well in the Caulfield Cup they still move forward from then to that first Tuesday....

He will improve again.... and that being the case he will be at the 150m striding away like the past JB Cummings horses do on that special Tuesday.

Remember Lets Elope .....

Its happening again!!!

...And for anyone that still has queries re the 'dream run' he got in the Caulfield Cup.. all it means is he hasnt needed to do anything extra 'workwise' leading into the Cup.... no over taxing just the perfect build up

Hope you all get some extra in the pocket for OAKS day ....

All thanks to The Master and his supreme stayer.

Enjoy

Legendoftheturf

Big call, but a good one.

Viewed and Efficient are the two most genuine and proven two milers in the field. Hoorang is proven but a few lengths inferior (in my opinion) but a proven two miler nonetheless. Plently of time yet for others to enter the equation as Todamax said "This is the Melbourne Cup".

Maybe....

One thing for sure is Viewed and Efficient have both won the race. So yes they are proven 2 milers. Whether or not one of them can repeat it, I am not overly convinced. Still, never underestimate Bart Cummings horses in the Mlebourne Cup.

I was at Caulfield and saw Viewed and he looked absolutly spectacular, but Bart also has another good looking horse in Roman Emperor who had a slightly interrupted run in the Caulfield cup and i understand has been working a treat in track work.

Think Money is a good staying mare, on a nice weight, nice draw, and would need to win to force an entry to the big one. She's a little 'under the radar' being still a maiden (although Oaks placed I think) so should pay alright - it's a very average field (isn't it always?)

Great Stayer! Great Trainer! I know I shouldn't doubt! but.....58kgs over two miles is a worry for mine. He only carried 53kgs last year. Can he carry the extra 5kgs this time round? You gotta love "THE MELBOURNE CUP" !

I like Viewed, and at some stage he may look like he could get up...but i reckon the weight will catch up him over the last 300m...Carried weight well in the Caulfield, but the extra 800 won't help his cause. Think the winner will be one of them that bypassed the Caulfield Cup..Media have said Viewed was a sensational trial in the McKinnon. Miss Maren outstayed him over the last 100, and is a fairly average horse. Just wondering a little if Viewed has already peaked this prep??

First three this way all the M's.

Munsef (aided by the draw) Not sold for $10,000 claimer earlier in year.Now boasts formline second only to Alcopop.

Master O'Reilly(solid place prospect)

Mourilyan (seasoned international campaigner)

I prefer to look for the winner this way.

I simply ask myself this simple question......what horse would cause me the greatest angst if it wins and I haven't backed it?

Lets say Viewed wins tomorrow. He goes into this race as the defending champ, he's won the Caulfield Cup, he ran a great 3rd on Sat, his biggest danger has been scratched, he's got 9,600mtrs under his belt this prep, and he's trained by the Master.

The only reason that punters won't have something on him tomorrow is greed, in that they're searching for that "big collect".

The winner of this race, more than any other I believe, is normally so damn obvious in hindsight.

Ignore the indicators at your peril.

Just wondering a little if Viewed has already peaked this prep??

Surely you cant really think this....

I mean who trains him and what does he train horses to win.....

I know he's in his 80's but i positive he hasn't forgotten what day he wants them to peak unless hes been working off a chinese calendar that Dato gave him last year

Yeah right

I think you could be right Chris! Makybe Diva carried 58kgs to win her third Melbourne Cup! Can we put Viewed in the same class? I think so! Of note skeptics!...remember the 1974 running of the cup... Think Big carried 53kg to win. The following year Think Big backed up with 58.5kgs and won again. Guess who trained Think Big!!!! :eek:

I knew it was a fair amount more he carried to victory the 2nd time; you saved me having to go and Google it! He never won a race in between - nor afterwards either, if my memory serves me correctly. As I have said elsewhere, I think Bart is going to quinella it with Roman Emperor and Viewed.

Imagine the reception!!!!

...:D . ...an'ya Wear gloves'n'that :|

..shiney pipes'n'bowl pan too., no fuss, just eat before use. :(:)

..follow Harris Tweed! . .and find Basaltico's long action far more suited to the better ground down here., although he's been done No favours by the dawn propogation...but it appears just a subtle affection From it., not too much cutty top From it., and so he can Be impressive., If he's a balanced late entry into the event., kindly having gathered past the middle outer tracts, then his Finish'll be big., but will need the passage to suit.

..in my opinion., that's why a few in here today, have been regularly 'well beating him'..back up from where they Commonly race on a dour often Well yielded gym..suiting far More those who've Been beating him., . .he'll Love the better footing..and possibly that's a 'main plank of science' as to why Luca has chosen him 'for Down here'.

Certainly!,...there's been a flurry surrounding him...and a new synd member Backing 'im to win $5M! :eek:

..and rain affected.

..a very dour but extra subtle test., helped to look better than it is, by the very thick sole that's still holding together.,

...i find this field now Very open..and my rankings in an extent of disarray.