RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
R Wales

NZ RACING SERIES

In New Zealand how do you win a heat and then find out you are unable to progress further?

Well just breed a Greyhound and enter it in a New Zealand Racing Series and win a heat.

GRNZ overcome the problem at Wanganui and run 2 finals however they have decided that only one final to be held at Christchurch and therefore all heat winners are not able to start in final.

Therefore finalists are picked on fastest heat times.

Think rules seem to change when some personalities become involved.  Maybe GRNZ want me to cut back on breeding middle distance dogs and concentrate on sprinters????

Regards

Robin

Hi Robin

Since the rules changed to say ALL eligible dogs can gain a start, it will happen when 9 heats are run (used to be Top Graded dogs down with the lowest graded reserves in the heats)

Maybe it should be a Maximum 8 x heats and the lowest graded dogs are reserves - all winners into the final

Then people will complain when they are drawn as reserves !!!

That sounds ludicrous... How many heats did they run? Obviously no one at NZGRA with the brains to foresee what was obviously going to become a problem... Surely they must have known this would happen before heats started? Why not run semi's instead of having an owner missing the privilege of running their dog in races all owners / breeders would be honoured to win.

It just seems to me in this industry, no one is ever held accountable... Their are people in the administration side getting paid GOOD money and we never get any justification on anything. Particularly when something is wrong at their end, all you get is silence and them waiting for it to wash by. It's just not good enough IMO.

9 heats. The rule of every dog getting a start is rubbish.

Why should every dog get a start and habe boxes vacant?

Semis should be run, with winners, plus 7 fastest 2nds getting a chance.

Someone, somewhere is fast asleep and not worrying about what is best for the greyhound community.

That sounds ludicrous... How many heats did they run? Obviously no one at NZGRA with the brains to foresee what was obviously going to become a problem... Surely they must have known this would happen before heats started? Why not run semi's instead of having an owner missing the privilege of running their dog in races all owners / breeders would be honoured to win.

It just seems to me in this industry, no one is ever held accountable... Their are people in the administration side getting paid GOOD money and we never get any justification on anything. Particularly when something is wrong at their end, all you get is silence and them waiting for it to wash by. It's just not good enough IMO.

Office staff have no say on this one.

The decision has been made by the Racing Sub Committee.

9 heats. The rule of every dog getting a start is rubbish.

Why should every dog get a start and habe boxes vacant?

Semis should be run, with winners, plus 7 fastest 2nds getting a chance.

Someone, somewhere is fast asleep and not worrying about what is best for the greyhound community.

Understand Graeme Calverley the Licenced Person Representative and I think he is also chairman of the racing sub committee made the call to not allow all the heat winners to progess any further.

I MUST BE WRONG AS HE WOULD HAVE MORE SENSE BEING IN THAT POSITION.

Regards

Robin

Crazy situation. every dog must get a start in the heats yet in the NZ Sires produce which is a group race also for NZ dogs they have reserves in the heats every year, It is no good making sure every dog gets a start if they do nor progress further after winning a heat.

We all make mistakes and it is time to admit that someone made a mistake with the NZRS and make some changes.

No one seems quite sure if we are trying to encourage more breeding or actively slow it down!

Understand Graeme Calverley the Licenced Person Representative and I think he is also chairman of the racing sub committee made the call to not allow all the heat winners to progess any further.

Regards

Robin

Hold on robin,you are the guy that made Mcarther make the rule all dogs must get a start and make these 5 and 6 dog feilds, now it does not suit you your having a go again,,,,,if I was you I would stop breeding and go back to buying imports.

Regards

Robin

One thing I do agree is our LP rep should not head any committee as this is a conflict of interest as he should be impartial,and should be there to represent LP's

For example say the weather changes in the 9th heat of the day and the dog is clearly the best dog in the race and leads all the way but yet only runs 31s and misses the final because there heat was the slowest? How is that fair??? All the heats broke 31s which is a good effort and you cant say that a dog deserves to miss out because it wins its heat. Simply should have two finals as they did at Wanganui. You only get 8+ heats for the c0/1s racing series never the c2/3 or c4/5. GRNZ need to sort it immediately!!!!1  

For example say the weather changes in the 9th heat of the day and the dog is clearly the best dog in the race and leads all the way but yet only runs 31s and misses the final because there heat was the slowest? How is that fair??? All the heats broke 31s which is a good effort and you cant say that a dog deserves to miss out because it wins its heat. Simply should have two finals as they did at Wanganui. You only get 8+ heats for the c0/1s racing series never the c2/3 or c4/5. GRNZ need to sort it immediately!!!!1  

As I said it has come back to bite robin on the bum, he is the one that demanded all dogs got a start.

Why is it then if a c0 or c1 wins the heat and therefore should make the final or semi in this case.The dog still goes up a grade,So in theory there are 9 winners of the heats they all go up a grade but only 8 make the final,Doesnt sound fair to me.Robin sprinters cant be all bad I see you have the Opawa name on a sprint 2mara.What happens if there are sprint heats for a NZRS and all dogs must get a start and they need to run 16 heats who goes to the final or is there a semi?

yes I see we are all blewing again what a stuff up if, what hound fan is saying is true then  fair play to him I agree with houndy,  but it doesn't matter if,    you win a heat then you should progress otherwise don't run heats and we will all go to the pub and get pissed and dream up a field exactly what nzgra are doing now god bless nzgra

yes I see we are all blewing again what a stuff up if, what hound fan is saying is true then  fair play to him I agree with houndy,  but it doesn't matter if,    you win a heat then you should progress otherwise don't run heats and we will all go to the pub and get pissed and dream up a field exactly what nzgra are doing now god bless nzgra

finally! i get to laugh at one of your posts. maybe you're not such a douche

Demanded is a strong word. You must have the inside knowledge of this Hound Fan. Explain to me why there was two heats at Wanganui then?

The whole thing was going good, as with all fields you had reserves and this worked fine( why should dogs with 888867 get a start).

Robin then put pressure on mr mac saying all dogs should get a start which he agreed, then we ended up with in my opinion the silly thing of having six dog heats, sometimes less at the cost of full fields and a lot of other dogs sitting at home because of this------what should happen is run heats as non totes and the make semis with full fields----Simple

Theyre only nz breed races. No big deal

Clearly you have no idea how the industry works.. Weather its Australia,Ireland or New Zealand the entire industry is driven by the Breeders of those countrys so to make a statement like you have shows your ignorance of what drives it..

Merv O`Brien

In New Zealand how do you win a heat and then find out you are unable to progress further?

Well just breed a Greyhound and enter it in a New Zealand Racing Series and win a heat.

GRNZ overcome the problem at Wanganui and run 2 finals however they have decided that only one final to be held at Christchurch and therefore all heat winners are not able to start in final.

Therefore finalists are picked on fastest heat times.

Think rules seem to change when some personalities become involved.  Maybe GRNZ want me to cut back on breeding middle distance dogs and concentrate on sprinters????

Regards

Robin

If they toss out the ridiculous rule that states all dogs must get a start, and only allow the highest graded dogs up to 8 hts, then the problem is fixed.

This is the same welfare mentality that pervades this industry where you have selfish trainers and owners that seem to think everything revolves around them. You here it all the time with crys of we need more racing because i have a slow dog that cannot get a start. Stuff the low class dogs, they shouldn't be allowed in NZRS races for the higher class hounds except where they can be utilised to make up a field. These races are surposed to be about showcasing the best NZ breeds, not maidens, CL1's or 2's, they have their own lower class series anyway.

The blame lie's squarely with the incompetent overstaffed idiots that we have representing us at the NZGRA. They seem unable to think rationally with forsight. They lack the balls needed to make strong policy decisions preferring appeasement to those that are most vocal. Strong leadership with vision, and long term planning is whats needed, something thats been devoid at Petone for far to long. Because of this weak leadership we end up with comical situations such as Robin is experiancing, really makes us look mickey mouse and amateurish. No doubt they at the NZGRA listened to those that shouted loudest when changing the rules on eligability for these NZRS races when allowing everybody in, and because of their lack of leadership we now find this farcical situation.

I have been fortunate enough to have won a number of these races over the yrs, and you can bet your bottom dollar that every couple of yrs they change the bloody rules. Absolutely no consistancy from these overpaid underworked clowns in Petone.

If they toss out the ridiculous rule that states all dogs must get a start, and only allow the highest graded dogs up to 8 hts, then the problem is fixed.

This is the same welfare mentality that pervades this industry where you have selfish trainers and owners that seem to think everything revolves around them. You here it all the time with crys of we need more racing because i have a slow dog that cannot get a start. Stuff the low class dogs, they shouldn't be allowed in NZRS races for the higher class hounds except where they can be utilised to make up a field. These races are surposed to be about showcasing the best NZ breeds, not maidens, CL1's or 2's, they have their own lower class series anyway.

The blame lie's squarely with the incompetent overstaffed idiots that we have representing us at the NZGRA. They seem unable to think rationally with forsight. They lack the balls needed to make strong policy decisions preferring appeasement to those that are most vocal. Strong leadership with vision, and long term planning is whats needed, something thats been devoid at Petone for far to long. Because of this weak leadership we end up with comical situations such as Robin is experiancing, really makes us look mickey mouse and amateurish. No doubt they at the NZGRA listened to those that shouted loudest when changing the rules on eligability for these NZRS races when allowing everybody in, and because of their lack of leadership we now find this farcical situation.

I have been fortunate enough to have won a number of these races over the yrs, and you can bet your bottom dollar that every couple of yrs they change the bloody rules. Absolutely no consistancy from these overpaid underworked clowns in Petone.

Well said. So when will things change?

Regards

Robin

Have been informed by Mr Calverley that he didn't make the call to allow all heat winners to progress but that the whole racing sub committee made it.

Not sure who is on this committee.

Regards

Robin