RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Twizzler

The long awaited return of Atlantic Jewel

At long last, Atlantic Jewel, the wonder mare, will be returning to grace Caulfield in the Memsie this Saturday.

I for one cannot wait. Having followed every small step of her recovery, the agony will finally be over and race fans will once again bear witness to one of the best ever seen.

She is a truly exceptional specimen who's adaptability and brilliance will be on display for all to see this Spring. Her opposition will be trembling in their boots every time they line up against her and rival trainers will shake their heads as to how Mark Kavanagh's mare is able to do what seemingly no other horse can.

There will of course be the doubters and critics who try and nitpick any little negative they can concoct.  A few will linger like a bad smell simply because they have nothing better to do. But in time, provided she remains sound, she will silence the lot of them and have them gaping in awe.

From a punting perspective, the $7 in the Cox Plate will be shaved in half by bookmakers after she dismantles her opposition on Saturday and should she end up at Moonee Valley on the 26th October, I would be surprised to see little better than even money available regardless of the opposition.

As for this Saturday, if you are placing a win bet on anything other than her, I would implore you to consider giving to a charity instead as the TAB gets enough money from mugs as it is!

Enjoy her people.

She truly is a privilege to watch.

Can we take it from that spiel that you reckon she might be a chance on Saturday then?

Being head over heels in love with someone of the same sex is allowed(even encouraged) these days but I'm pretty sure they still take a dim view of relationships with horses so just control yourself will you.

Though Labour and the Greens might get a chance next year and they are keen on exotic types of depravity.

Maybe you could get the mare brought over to NZ and make your love affair official?

Good publicity for the racing game perhaps?  Should get us(the industry I mean - this has got nothing to do with me) onto the front page

Latest Atlantic Jewel update:

The Memsie Stakes has been moved to the last race on the card. Coolmore are nervous that despite Saturday being predicted as having fine weather, the large fields will cut up the track before the last race and they don't want to risk AJ in such conditions. Possibility that she will be scratched and aimed at the Let's Elope Stakes instead.

Mark Kavanagh will talk to Coolmore tonight over the phone to discuss it further.

Latest Atlantic Jewel update:

The Memsie Stakes has been moved to the last race on the card. Coolmore are nervous that despite Saturday being predicted as having fine weather, the large fields will cut up the track before the last race and they don't want to risk AJ in such conditions. Possibility that she will be scratched and aimed at the Let's Elope Stakes instead.

Mark Kavanagh will talk to Coolmore tonight over the phone to discuss it further.

Sounds like they could be a little scared of runners with the (NZ) suffix in the Memsie? :P

Sounds like they could be a little scared of runners with the (NZ) suffix in the Memsie? :P

Haha perhaps a little nervous, but not enough to stop her running :P After a track inspection and bit of research, she's definitely locked in now: 

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/atlantic-jewel-definitely-running-in-memsie/tabid/83/newsid/14956/default.aspx

She just wins - if she's right after the big layoff forced by injury. But one would think that they would not start her if she wasn't set to win. Then there's the 3yo race! Can't decide whether to go on sat or wait for he Makybe day at Flemington. One things for sure - Caul Cup here I come. This will be one of he best Springs ever. The Cox is going to have a grat field and here are so many European horses now - is hard o know here to look. NZ trained horses (with the exception of Dundeel) will struggle to get a run.

She just wins - if she's right after the big layoff forced by injury. But one would think that they would not start her if she wasn't set to win. Then there's the 3yo race! Can't decide whether to go on sat or wait for he Makybe day at Flemington. One things for sure - Caul Cup here I come. This will be one of he best Springs ever. The Cox is going to have a grat field and here are so many European horses now - is hard o know here to look. NZ trained horses (with the exception of Dundeel) will struggle to get a run.

I hope for everyone's sake it is one of the 'best Springs ever'.  I am looking forward to it too.

But.........

Lets get realistic.  Five of the very best horses of last season are gone(Pierro, All Too Hard, More Joyous, Black Caviar, Ocean Park).  Plus probably the most exciting import Reliable Man.  It's a Dundeel is the only one left to continue the battle.

Sure there is the return of Atlantic Jewel and the promise of Puissance de Lune and Cauthen but at this time last year we had that super crop of rising three year olds plus Atlantic Jewell, More Joyous and, we hoped, down the track Black Caviar

It should be a good spring - it usually is, maybe there will be a superstar emerge but lets not get too over excited about it just yet

If we had a Cox Plate with the names in the second paragraph above likely to line up we would be justified in getting a tad enthusiastic

She just wins - if she's right after the big layoff forced by injury. But one would think that they would not start her if she wasn't set to win.

If she can't win? :ph34r: ... lets hope she gets round in one piece. Tough race to start in! :unsure:

It is staggering when you have a look at the NZTR web site under News.They have a headline Atlantic Queen in Comeback and you think who is this horse and then you read the first sentence and it refers to Atlantic Jewel.

I just believe that it is written by someone else and some moron cannot be bothered to proof read it.

I hope for everyone's sake it is one of the 'best Springs ever'.  I am looking forward to it too.

But.........

Lets get realistic.  Five of the very best horses of last season are gone(Pierro, All Too Hard, More Joyous, Black Caviar, Ocean Park).  Plus probably the most exciting import Reliable Man.  It's a Dundeel is the only one left to continue the battle.

Sure there is the return of Atlantic Jewel and the promise of Puissance de Lune and Cauthen but at this time last year we had that super crop of rising three year olds plus Atlantic Jewell, More Joyous and, we hoped, down the track Black Caviar

It should be a good spring - it usually is, maybe there will be a superstar emerge but lets not get too over excited about it just yet

If we had a Cox Plate with the names in the second paragraph above likely to line up we would be justified in getting a tad enthusiastic

yeah,  i too wish black sardine (aus) was running in this years cox plate.......lmao x 1000

that would be super cool.

yeah,  i too wish black sardine (aus) was running in this years cox plate.......lmao x 1000

that would be super cool.

Everyone know I wasn't talking about Black Caviar

She was an incredibly well managed horse but it would have been fascinating to have seen her asked to go a little further.  True test of a champ to win over a range of distances.  Had she gone to a mile she might well have run into a Peirro, More Joyous or All too Hard