RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Spring Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

To win:

The FERDIES need Rebel Dane to win at pay at least $3.30 (not likely) or Title must complete the quinella

The CRUSADERS need Sizzling to win for Rob & Mardy 

OR

Riva De Lago to win for Rob

The SHARKS can win but it requires one of Mike's tips - Title or Someday - to win and both Monsieur Zelda and The Cat to win their countbacks.

The BUSH PIGS can't win.

The HURRICANES can't win even though they only trail 2-3

A record twelve competitors head into the last still looking to open their account. One of the trickiest Super Comp days ever. It's possible no team will record a team profit today. Man this was tough. Thank goodness Windswept won. Should have made that a comp race.

To win:

The BUSH PIGS can't win.

The HURRICANES can't win even though they only trail 2-3

I think Viceroy had Veyron in R9 and therefore the Bushies can win.

With my number of 2nds all day, including a 30 minute inquiry that kept the nose victory ?? I am expecting just such an event .

With my number of 2nds all day, including a 30 minute inquiry that kept the nose victory ?? I am expecting just such an event .

Sorry Geoff, had missed that. Fixing it up now

There will be a brief hiatus before I can publish full results but here are the Final Scores in brief :

Highlanders 3

Crusaders 2

Kauri Kats 3

Hurricanes 2

Stags 4

Sharks 1

Blues 3

Bush Pigs 2

Ferdies 3

Chiefs  2

(!!!)

Hey I liked the outcome of that 30 min enquiry... until TD struck in the last at WF haha :)

Race 10 - Warwick Farm R8

1st 9 Rebel Dane W-$2.50

2nd 11 Title Q-$39.70

Scr: 1,3

3 KAURI KATS

$1193.00

2 points

2 HURRICANES

$617.00

0 points

The Hurricanes ended the day strongly with BB collects for Steve and Rees while Reilly also broke his duck but it was only the 2nd race today that more than one 'Cane had found the winner and their chance of victory over the table leaders had already evaporated, although they had led 3-2 briefly earlier in the day. Betty ended the day with a win for the Kats for whom old tom Graeme was Man of the Match while evergreen Kay was the Capital Lads MVP, each bagging 4 winners.

410.20 Betty

112.00 Globederby

447.80 Brown Fox

0.00 Escameno

0.00 Rosina

112.00 ziggy09

131.00 sharne

25.00 Reilly M

124.00 Piccadilly

368.00 Kay H

2 CHIEFS

$918.60

0 points

3 FERDIES

$1301.00

2 points

In one the most unlikely "Houdini" acts in the history of Super Comps the Ferdies trailed 1-4 into the final event but turned the result around to the Chiefs utter dismay although being a man down with Jordan AWOL didn't help their cause. All 5 Ferdies tipped the winning fave but Maurice doubled up with a nicely-placed BB to overhaul Annie while The Don landed an amazing BB quinella to collar Maria in the shadows of the post and secure a Naki victory. The Don's feat earned him man of the Match honours while the Chiefs captain and MVP Jack was the only Mooloo to end the day on a winning note. 

DNP louie_cullen

329.00 PJ

152.00 Annie

176.00 moz1047

345.60 Jack

269.20 Pegs Pride

124.00 horseyboy

87.00 dawsie

297.00 Chestnut

440.80 Taranaki Don

3 HIGHLANDERS

$689.20

2 points

2 CRUSADERS

$344.20

0 points

Sizzling or Riva de Lago could have won it for the Crusaders in the last but neither yelped so the Highlanders, all of whom had the winning fave in the final race, held on for an important win, with Ray and Dave doubling up with BBs. Not one player posted a profit score with Gary capturing Man of the Match honours with a sub $190 tally while Tony was the Cantabs MVP. No bonus points were earned.

50.00 Rayzor

106.20 Richie

114.00 ohokaman

151.00 talk

170.00 Craigoz

0.00 Mardy

168.20 Brian

25.00 Group 1 wnr

187.00 Baldrick

62.00 Dogzstar1

3 BLUES

$915.40

2 points

2 BUSH PIGS

$1051.40

1 point

The Wairarapa side appeared in control of this tie, leading 4-1 at one stage before wilting over the final two races and allowing a late-rallying Blues outfit back in to score a vital win led by MVP Alf who ended the day with a BB adding to wins from Howie and Geoff. Man of the Match though was a good effort from Bush Pig Pete who did well to bag 4 winners. Team mates Mike (BB also), Sylvia and Jason went out with a win in the last and secured a bonus point for the Bushies for a superior aggregate.

105.00 Rightfirsttime

264.00 Viceroy

226.00 turny

133.00 Sarah M

80.00 BWJ

378.20 Punter Pete

221.40 LastOf40

170.20 Sylvia

283.00 alf123

106.20 Jason

4 STAGS

$704.20

3 points

1 SHARKS

$231.00

0 points

In a match where the combined aggregates of both sides was still nearly $400 shy of what would normally constitute a profit for an individual side, the Stags emerged as 4-1 victors although only Nekky ended the day with a win (a BB for good measure). Mark and Lloyd rounded out the match with wins for the Sharks while team mate Pogo broke the scoreless deadlock in his tie with a BB success. The other scoreless encounter after 9 races - the Casper v Cat affair - was finally decided by Casper's 3rd with Norzita trumping Cat's 12th with Alma's Fury. The Stags earned a bonus point for a 4-1 margin with Roger a clear Man of the Match. Lloyd took MVP honours for the fishy ones with a mere $87.00. MVP when compared to his team mates at least.....

193.20 nek_minute

69.00 mike28

145.00 Osceola

87.00 Lloyd V

0.00 Von Cettes 

50.00 Pogo 

366.00 Todamax101

25.00 Memphis

0.00 Casper (on countback - 3rd v 12th)

0.00 Catman 

Table after Round 3:

position - points - team - aggregate

1. 8 KAURI KATS $4078.00

2. 7 FERDIES $3410.80

3. 5 BLUES $5127.60

4. 4 STAGS $2872.00

5. 4 HIGHLANDERS $2838.40

6. 4 CRUSADERS $2721.60

7. 3 BUSH PIGS $3338.80

8. 3 HURRICANES $3307.80

9. 3 SHARKS $2255.80

10. 2 CHIEFS $2749.60

The Kats and Ferdies maintained their positions as the table's leading pair with narrow wins while the Blues victory boosted them up two slots into the top trio. However the days biggest movers were the Southland Stags who despite a very low-scoring success over the Sharks, managed to advance 6 places up the table from last spot.

The day's other winners - the Highlanders - enjoyed a solid slot 3 rise to enter the top half of the table. A late reversal for the Bush Pigs wasn't catastrophic as their bonus point ensured they held station in 7th. Defeats for the Crusaders and Sharks saw each side tumble down 3 spots while The Hurricanes mauling by the Kats proved costly sliding down 4 places. The Chiefs seemed to be on track for a win until it all went pear-shaped in the last in Sydney sending them plummeting down, temporarily I'm sure, to the foot of the table.

STATS

Best Scores
447.80 Brown Fox 
410.80 Taranaki Don

410.20 Betty
378.20 Punter Pete

368.00 Kay H

Worst Scores
0.00 Von Cettes
0.00 Mardy

0,00 Catman

0.00 Casper

0.00 Escameno
0.00 Rosina
DNP louie_cullen

Most Winners

4 Punter Pete

4 Kay H

4 Brown Fox

Most Quinellas

2 Brown Fox

Biggest Winning Margin
447.80 Brown Fox

0.00 Escameno

Narrowest Winning Margin
0.00 Casper (on countback)

0.00 Catman

Highest Losing Score
297.00 Chestnut

Lowest Winning Score
0.00 Casper

Table after Round 3:

Lowest Winning Score0.00 Casper

Congratulations Casper...hahahaaaa that is classic!! Well done :D

Sorry Sharkies,maybe I should quit footy season and study some form. Next week is another week :)

Congratulations Casper...hahahaaaa that is classic!! Well done :D

Sorry Sharkies,maybe I should quit footy season and study some form. Next week is another week :)

hahahaaaaa did you have to highlight it :lol:  I owe you a beer, :P  like you say there is always next week :)

Apologies to my fellow Red n Black team mates,for my woeful picking yesterday. Tho I am glad that I went to the Tasman v Canterbury game here yesterday,otherwise my account would of got smashed. I will endeavour to do better next week.

Round 4 Draw (Sat Aug 31)

Meetings are Hastings & Caulfield

STAGS (4th) vs BLUES (3rd)

Todamax101 v BWJ

nek_minute v alf123

Von Cettes v turny

Casper v LastOf40

Osceola v Rightfirsttime

BUSH PIGS (7th) vs KAURI KATS (1st)

Jason v sharne

Viceroy v Rosina

Sarah M v Brown Fox 

Punter Pete v Betty

Sylvia v Piccadilly

FERDIES (2nd) vs CRUSADERS (6th)

Pegs Pride v Group1 wnr

Taranaki Don v Mardy

moz1047 v Dogzstar1

dawsie v Richie

PJ v talk

HURRICANES (8th) vs HIGHLANDERS (5th)

Reilly M v Baldrick

Escameno v Craigoz

Globederby v ohokaman

ziggy09 v Rayzor

Kay H v Brian

SHARKS (9th) vs CHIEFS (10th)

Catman v Annie

Pogo v Jack

Lloyd V v horseyboy

Memphis v louie_cullen

mike28 v Chestnut

Hurricanes

Our team will come with the usual late run - our collect total is good and above many above us so good things to come

All i have to do is beat Brian next round - oh well my team will support me this time

Kay

AND TD IS THRILLED WITH HIS LAST RACE COLLECT :D :D :D

Thank You PJ...

One of my long time Dream Match`s is to come up against Pogo ....... I will  thoroughly enjoy  the encounter.

. Lloyd took MVP honours for the fishy ones with a mere $87.00. MVP when compared to his team mates at least.....

0.00 Casper (on countback - 3rd v 12th)

0.00 Catman 

Couple of dead-set records set there!!!! Can't see either of those ever being broken

Lowest ever MVP $87

Lowest ever winner $0

What a diabolical day for almost everyone!!!! :)

Next week will definitely be better! - couldn't possibly be worse........ :)

Couple of dead-set records set there!!!! Can't see either of those ever being broken

Lowest ever MVP $87

Lowest ever winner $0

What a diabolical day for almost everyone!!!! :)

Next week will definitely be better! - couldn't possibly be worse........ :)

Right on Lloydy time to get serious.Well I hope we can .Fancy getting nought and getting beaten by a bloke with nought :blink:

Shocking effort by myself, sorry hurricanes teammates! In an early season slump and will improve with the run!

No drama Reilly.....early days mate. Plus you are captain of this illustrious franchise so with all the media commitments etc it's up to the rest of us to cover if you have a bad one or 2 rounds. As long as we are around come finals time that's the main aim ;)