RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Wanganui distance / cup heats

What a quality card of greyhound racing this Friday night! The 5 heats of the 'Brad Canty Wanganui Cup' are stacked full of quality dogs. Will be some very competitive heats and I'm sure their will be a few hard luck stories! Looking forward to seeing how the bookies price up the futures tomorrow. I expect Speed Legend / Raw Energy to open up equal favourites with Piggy Back, Ate To Much, Know Class, Know Attempt on the 2nd/3rd line of betting.

The draw for the Wanganui distance final has certainly made the $1.8 pre heats about Thrilling Brat far too short and i expect him to pay at least evens on Friday. Osti's Pursuit deserves to be a clear 2nd fav based on heat performances and I thought he was extremely unlucky not to win last week ( taking nothing away from the freak but he looks very beatable from box 1 IMO. )

Really look forward to hearing others opinions on what is a terrific night of greyhound racing! Good luck to all getting involved.

A lady I know was drinking down our local and because her son's nickname is Buddy and because he was recently "fired" from work, she chucked $100 on Buddy Broke at $7.50 on Friday. Never have I seen such a remarkable event take place... Any similar stories??

I think Know attempt will go great, he's in career best form and will be shooting home. Gordon Bale might go a good race as well, only worry though is that i think it's his first look at the Wanganui track.

I think Know attempt will go great, he's in career best form and will be shooting home. Gordon Bale might go a good race as well, only worry though is that i think it's his first look at the Wanganui track.

Gordon bale has seen the track 4 times already mate. Know attempt is definitely one of the most improved dogs in the country but is yet to run time yet, a dog with his running style on a track like Wanganui is a big risk IMO. I'd expect him to open atleast $20 for the final.

Gordon Bale has won at Wanganui in 29.84.  I think Thrilling Brat was disappointing on Friday night, his win looked spectacular but he beat Bornato by over 12 lengths at Christchurch, still he will be hard to beat in the final.  Thought Osti's Pursuit had every chance but may improve a touch.  Little Teegan was huge in the first heat and could be over the odds for a place. 

I can't see Raw Energy winning the final, he may even miss the heat.  As far as winning chances go it's hard to pick.  I think there are 8 winning chances in the final providing they qualify.  2 dogs that could be over the odds are Katcha Fire and Way Too Crude.  My top picks for the final are:

1. Speed Legend

2. Know Attempt

3. Way Too Crude

Can't wait to see Know Attempt and Know Class over staying distances.

When Thrilling Brat lobbed 3rd I thought by how far........I couldn't take odds on about the Brat.......one thing you learn  champions are never beaten, I find the race really difficult to assess.

The cup heats look great the dog I would love to see win the final is Speed Legend....... unfortunately I can't see Speed Legend winning the final, the dogs first sectional isn't good enough.....although I expect the dog to finish 2nd or 3rd in the final.....no doubt there will be one too good....the dog will jump 4th or 5th and where will it end up at the first turn.....there is such little time between the good dogs it makes the dog work that little bit harder to get around.......If Hypotential led SL I couldn't see SL running it down, the same goes for Raw Energy, if Raw Energy led the final it would win....If Piggy Back led SL.........If Know class is in front of SL

Ate to much led SL a few runs back....however SL missed the jump that day and then got badly checked on the first turn.

It's hard to pick a winner the box draw is ULTIMATE.......and this often enhances runners chances...where it can end others.......may it be a great series injury free, incident free.

I'm going to go for the hit and miss beginner Raw Energy........but would love to see Speed Legend win the final........all the best everyone

Mmm, I'm with blunt, can see Katcha Fire winning heat. I would have Raw Energy paying atleast $15. Agree with all the others though, would pay more if you did your own all up most probably.

I'd be keen for some $15s dusty!!

Be interested to see everyone's top 2 selections for the heats.

H1- Fancy Tip / Unshaken

H2- Speed Legend / Fancy Jill, Indiana Izmir

H3- Very tricky race Hypotential / Katchafire

H4- Raw Energy / Know Class

H5- Piggy Back / Ate To Much

Be interested to see everyone's top 2 selections for the heats.

H1- Fancy Tip / Unshaken

H2- Speed Legend / Fancy Jill, Indiana Izmir

H3- Very tricky race Hypotential / Katchafire

H4- Raw Energy / Know Class

H5- Piggy Back / Ate To Much

Ok mate.

Heat 1-Way Too Crude/Fancy Tip

Heat 2-Speed Legend/Know Attempt

Heat 3-Katcha Fire/Thrilling Blitz

Heat 4-Know Class/Riley's Mate

Heat 5-Piggy Back/Ate to Much

Yea. Id almost pick the same. Although i do not believe way to crude has much of a chance, no matter how good it is. It is really hard to go from racing c2/3 dogs to racing dogs that are proven at the elite, you see it happen all the time