RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bruce J Hadley

Premiership

Personally, I find it disappointing that whenever the trainers premiership is close, there is a sudden rush of horses changing stables in an effort to win.

Nothing illegal but surely not in the "spirit" of the whole thing.  I have no axe to grind against Cran, and he has had a phenomenal year, and maybe it is just a coincidence that a heap of owners suddenly feel they need to give Cran a horse to train.

On the flipside, maybe it is a positive thing, and creates interest in the premiership, which normally wouldn't be there???

I was hoping Cran would win Premiership but having seen on HRNZ Stable Changes web site that he has 4 new horses, all engaged over the weekend I'm changing my mind,

Just not "right"

Good luck to him. Is it worth it !!!!

Why not wait and see where they're all stabled in a few months time,before rushing to any "conspiracy" conclusions? The Chapman horses are not exactly unexpected, after all, Cran has done ok with an early one, and who knows what the deal is with the other 2. Maybe they were purchases.

eg

Locharburn won a trial at Addington on 22nd July for trainer K Chapman..... Yes 3 days ago.

Who's to say Dexter wasn't driving this horse in it's qualifying trial because it's under offer by owners of Cran's? I'm all for a fair playing field in the trainer's premiership, but be careful you don't jump the gun. This could be a perfectly legitimate situation :-)

Keeping Up With The Joneses - Premiership rort

With the Trainers Premiership going down to the wire, this week Mark Jones has shared his opinion on who he believes will come out on top. But, as per usual, his views don’t exactly end there.

“I think Cran will win the Premiership, and he deserves to win one as he is a very hard worker who is good with owners.”

“I was lucky enough to work for him for over ten years, but even Cran has said Mark is the best trainer we have. The amount of money and big races he wins is amazing. His record is second to none.”

“I am pretty disappointed to see that in the last week a lot of horses have been put into Cran’s name, as I thought he would have wanted to win it on his own merits.

“I think it makes the whole thing look a bit silly. I am just glad that the T.A.B didn’t take betting on it like some people wanted, as it would have been a bad look for the industry.

Lets go back to my first post with the question to Bruce....who are the horses that have changed stables ?? 

COMENCHE

PRINCESS SOPHIA

SKIPPY RASCAL

LOCHARBURN

These are the ones I know - will be a false win if he does win it - all in the family job with the two first named horses.

The same if J Dunn get to 100 - Dexter giving up a walkover on Safedra to help bro. So the Dunns give him Comenche for a week or two as payback. 

Butts- in - law give him Princess Sophie (impressive trial winner) - guarantee he wont have it for long.

Mind you something similar happened a few years back with C J De F being gifted drives to beat D Butt.

Guess it all comes down to who you marry or are related too - as zzz says - which gypsie clan is bigger.

Sad when it has to come down to this and it will be recognised as the Family training premiereship.

Being with an Aussie didn't help you a bit Mark Purdon. hehe

I hope this helps

Comenche 24/07/2013 2007 5 B g Barnett Hanover-Hanover Robyn Cran Dalgety West Melton from Robert Dunn

Locharburn 24/07/2013 2010 2 B c Christian Cullen-Suzys Delight Cran Dalgety West Melton from Kevin Chapman

Princess Sophia 24/07/2013 2009 3 B f Monarchy-Farisa Cran Dalgety West Melton from Tim Butt

Skippy Rascal 24/07/2013 2009 3 Br g Live Or Die-Royal Rascal Cran Dalgety West Melton from Kevin Chapman

I hope this helps

Comenche 24/07/2013 2007 5 B g Barnett Hanover-Hanover Robyn Cran Dalgety West Melton from Robert Dunn

Locharburn 24/07/2013 2010 2 B c Christian Cullen-Suzys Delight Cran Dalgety West Melton from Kevin Chapman

Princess Sophia 24/07/2013 2009 3 B f Monarchy-Farisa Cran Dalgety West Melton from Tim Butt

Skippy Rascal 24/07/2013 2009 3 Br g Live Or Die-Royal Rascal Cran Dalgety West Melton from Kevin Chapman

Sometimes this has happened before, other stables helping out in order to win.....

But if you look at those horses above, they are hardly certs.....Maybe they were to change stable anyway. Surely if a rival trainer wanted to help out....he could of got a better horse for a few weeks.

Oh well - premiership stolen from M Purdon - must leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

As stated before lucky the TAB didn't offer odds beforehand.

More bad publicity for Harness racing.

Justified in calling us "thieves on wheels" now

Oh well - premiership stolen from M Purdon - must leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

I tend to disagree Spike....

Cran did nothing wrong, Purdon could have recieved a few in his stable if he had wished....

I dont think people can knock Cran....I think it just shows what winning the trainers Premiership meant to him.

Good on you Cran.... You deserved it.

Oh boy. Another conspiracy involving NZ Harness racing. What exciting news for a Sunday. I would have thought it was up to the owners to decide who was to train their horse. Are they going to get dragged into this as well? Horses change stables on a regular basis and not a peep from the theorists till now. Where they been for the last few decades????

Total over reaction. Congratulations Cran Dalgety.

I was hoping that Cran would win with a couple of "his own" horses today, and win the premiership fair and square, but the farce that panned out today, has made for, what is in my eyes, and I dare say any other fair minded person, a hollow victory at best..

If these horses are all still in the Dalgety stable come Christmas time, I'll take it all back. But on face value it smacks of very poor sportsmanship, and hardly a premiership to brag about.

I've liked the way Cran Dalgety worked since way back when he was with Barry Purdon. No surprise at all to see him do so very well early on with the likes of Desperate Comment etc. Having said that what unfolded at the conclusion of the trainers Premiership yesterday made a mockery of winning that title. 

It's not unusual to see drivers or trainers that are chasing milestones be virtually gifted victories but it's usually done in a more subtle manner and only involves one drive and or one victory. When you see multiple contrived results it turns what is a good old fashioned competition into a farce that should be removed in much the same way a surgeon would remove a cancer.

I tuned into watch the 2 year old Locharburn seal the Premiership with it's win at Rangiora yesterday. WOW! What a dominant performance. To my eye the horse looked like a man racing against boys. If Cran had of been the person training / conditioning this horse for the last few months etc I'd be the first to applaud. I'm told this horse was one of the set up horses Cran was "gifted" VERY late in the season to "take" the Premiership. I used the word take rather than win as I feel that word better describes what unfolded.

I watched a clip yesterday where Cran defended his actions and justified what he'd done by saying "others would have done the same thing if they were in his position".

That does not make it right or correct and I'd like to think most would not resort to that sort of action which under the circumstances is devoid of integrity. I feel his Premiership title will be forever tainted which is a real shame as he deserved to win a Premiership sooner or later. Just not like this. Yes he has gained a Premiership but I honestly feel the way he's gone about it will result in him losing more than he gains.