RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ashoka

Wanganui Fields This Friday

Looking at the fields carded for this Friday's night meeting at Hatrick Raceway, it appears to me that the fields for races eight and ten have been incorrectly drawn.

These two races have both been carded as mixed grade 3/4 races.

However, the two fields consist of ten grade 4 dogs and eight grade 3 dogs.

Therefore, the Rules of Greyhound Racing require there to be two straight-class races.

These fields need to be re-drawn.

Please correct me if you think that I am wrong.

Thank you.
Ashoka

Looking at the fields carded for this Friday's night meeting at Hatrick Raceway, it appears to me that the fields for races eight and ten have been incorrectly drawn.

Therefore, the Rules of Greyhound Racing require there to be two straight-class races.

Thank you.
Ashoka

I agree with you Ashoka. 

Thank you.
Ashoka

have they finn a reserve

punkrock...

Straight class races are to be run if possible. Straight class races can be run in this instance.

The Rules are clear.

The Rules have been broken.

Further, the two dogs in the, essentially, c3 race appear to be the least deserving, under the selection criteria, but have been treated the most favourably, making a mockery of the logic that underpins our grading and field selection systems.

The least deserving are getting a softer run for the same money than the more highly-credentialed c4 dogs, who have had a much tougher task assigned to them.

This situation is illegal.

This situation is morally reprehensible.

Cheers.

Ashoka

punkrock...

Straight class races are to be run if possible. Straight class races can be run in this instance.

The Rules are clear.

The Rules have been broken.

Further, the two dogs in the, essentially, c3 race appear to be the least deserving, under the selection criteria, but have been treated the most favourably, making a mockery of the logic that underpins our grading and field selection systems.

The least deserving are getting a softer run for the same money than the more highly-credentialed c4 dogs, who have had a much tougher task assigned to them.

This situation is illegal.

This situation is morally reprehensible.

Cheers.

Ashoka

has anyone supplied a reason why this happened

This is the very reason why every state in Australia now has centralised grading. It removes the risk of club and committee input or bias, conflict of interest and any perception thereof. Therefore the grading/selection process is transparent.

Something else that amazes me here in New Zealand is that each club has a different selection criteria. Surely it should be a National standard and be one and the same for all tracks. The current arrangement clearly highlights that a club and it's committee may have a vested interest in drawing fields to their liking.

This is the very reason why every state in Australia now has centralised grading. It removes the risk of club and committee input or bias, conflict of interest and any perception thereof. Therefore the grading/selection process is transparent.

Something else that amazes me here in New Zealand is that each club has a different selection criteria. Surely it should be a National standard and be one and the same for all tracks. The current arrangement clearly highlights that a club and it's committee may have a vested interest in drawing fields to their liking.

Agree 1000% big changes are needed in Nz racing, but the way things are set up the only people who can change it are the clubs themselves.... which will never happen, because each club believes they are doing a good job and better than the rest.

The national selection suggestion has been on the cards for decades. Trouble is clubs have to vote to change it and for some that would take away some perceived advantage. I think one of the holdups is no one could agree on what the national policy should be.