RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rockhead

Castlepoint races

I have just learnt that the Castlepoint races, set for March 20, have been cancelled. The same storm surges that hit Hawkes Bay last weekend are to blame. Apparently, the surges took away the sand covering the rocks, making things too dangerous. Another great family race day lost.

A pity indeed Rockhead (how appropriate!)- there have been problems for a number of years now with the exposed rocks at the lighthouse end of the beach messing up the "track".

Things had looked to be improving, with better sand-coverage up until recent conditions prevailed.

It's a fun day out when they can hold it.

That's one meeting I've always wanted to go to, jess, but haven't yet made...

One day, Cinderella, one day you shall go to the ball...

If you are looking to take Mrs Meads somewhere where you won't wear a hole in your wallet or max the credit card, it's a good place to go. No disrespect to Castlepoint, but the facilities are good but basic.

If you are looking to take Mrs Meads somewhere where you won't wear a hole in your wallet or max the credit card, it's a good place to go. No disrespect to Castlepoint, but the facilities are good but basic.

Wrong on two counts, Rockhead:

1) We ain't married. The original rebels, us...

2) Money is no object. Being told how I am to spend that money is!

We occasionally weekend-holiday at Riversdale - that's as close as I've got to Castlepoint. Nice golf course, good sea swimming points, no crowds, idyllic!

I have just learnt that the Castlepoint races, set for March 20, have been cancelled. The same storm surges that hit Hawkes Bay last weekend are to blame. Apparently, the surges took away the sand covering the rocks, making things too dangerous. Another great family race day lost.

Castlepoint Beach is looking great at the moment, fully raceable and all set for our Race Day 5th March 2011. Fingers crossed the good Lord "keeps it right" and keeps the storms away this time! :D