RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Wanganui debacle....

Hi Bev,

You didn't lie. Bridget Belsham told me that your board knew it had the power to put the dog into the field at the meeting on Monday night. You are on the board, so your answer of 'No' tells us that this was not the case?

Thank you

Bev

Hi Bev,

You didn't lie. Bridget Belsham told me that your board knew it had the power to put the dog into the field at the meeting on Monday night. You are on the board, so your answer of 'No' tells us that this was not the case?

Am I reading this correctly?

Bridget Belsham and Bev Duganzich are stating opposite versions of what the situation at the said Board Meeting was.

Bridget says that the Board knew it could put the relevant greyhound into the field.

Bev, a member of said Board, says that the Board did not know that it could put the relevant greyhound into the field.

Therefore, one of these two people is either mistaken or not telling the truth.

From an integrity perspective, this situation is simply not good enough and should not be allowed to rest, unresolved.

Regards.

Ashoka

Bev, I refuse to retract my statement when there are so many unanswered questions. If you would be so kind to clear a few things up...

Now these are direct quotes from the party's related Bev... Please let me know who's lying.....

You said...

"Wonder how long the Wanganui board meeting went on?

There was a meeting for about 2 hrs with some of the GRA about Greyhound welfare programmes.

We then had a short Board meeting for about 1hr.30m. We had another meeting last night with GRA for 2,1/2hrs, about 4hrs all up.

Now if anyone would like to put in a remit to Wanganui about this or any other thing,

please put it in writing and it will be discussed on Monday at yet another Board meeting.

Just remember, there is no rule for this, and the Stipes make the rules."

You then got asked "but did your club have the right to overturn this decision"

You replied "NO" on the Thursday before the final...

Yet Gavin Whiterod the stipe in charge seemed to disagree "No, the trainer needs to appeal to the club to do that"

Bridget Belsham later confirmed this for us "The Board has decided to follow what the steward has ruled and the field will stand as is."

So either Bev wasn't listening at the board meeting or the Wanganui club refuses to admit they are wrong and for someone to be held accountable, because from a owners perspective this whole saga is damaging to the sport and the Wanganui club has been made to look like its run by school children. Greyhound racing deserves better than to be dictated to by people with egos bigger than the sport itself.

Another thing that stinks about this is the Wanganui club doing the draw with only 1 trainer present, where is the integrity in that Bev?

So I rang Mr Whiterod and asked him, in light of the facts presented, would he be prepared to allow Finn McMissile into the field, as he was proven beyond any doubt to be at least the second fastest third dog, and draw the other two dog's names from the cup? He replied, "No, the trainer needs to appeal to the club to do that." So the trainer, Luke Philips, who just trains a couple of dogs at Amberley, emailed the club to ask them to allow Finn McMissile his rightful position back into the field, and do a draw with the other two third placegetters. But the club manager, Bridget Belsham, said after discussing the matter at a club committee meeting on Monday night, " The Board has decided to follow what the steward has ruled and the field will stand as is." that seems to be in conflict with this report

So you rang Mr Whiterod? Did you get it in writing? Did he say he would put it in writing?

Bev

So you rang Mr Whiterod? Did you get it in writing? Did he say he would put it in writing?

Bev

This is a quote from an e-mail that I have kept that was received from Bridget Belsham...and she quotes

"After discussions with Gavin Whiterod (the stipendiary steward in charge on the night), Jim Leach(GRNZ) and Kevin Benson (Club Board President) - it is the Club's view that the decision made by the Stipendiary Steward on Friday the 12th of July is the correct and only decision that could of been made on the night, therefore the field selected will not be amended."

I particularly like the phrase "the field selected", not the field drawn....take from that what you will.

So Bev, who's lying? Remember, you said AFTER your board meetings

"Just remember, there is no rule for this, and the Stipes make the rules."

So what was actually discussed at these meetings in regards to this whole case? Because we have a few differing stories from people in charge / on the board. Did you miss the Monday meeting Bev? Because your knowledge on this has been made to look a little embarrassing for your club.

Greyhound punters / owners deserve answers because this whole story stinks of an egotistical club refusing to admit they farked up.

As a race caller,in my opinion daryl robinson does not cut it,on the brighter side johny bright may be groomed for CD duties johny has a crisp clear style,and i think he would be a good choice for cd meetings,and a good reliever for peter early.

I thought Johnny Bright sounded good today considering he has only called a few greyhound races, I thought he was being groomed to take over from P Earley who seems to be battling enthusiasm but that's been on and off for years now. 

I thought Johnny Bright sounded good today considering he has only called a few greyhound races, I thought he was being groomed to take over from P Earley who seems to be battling enthusiasm but that's been on and off for years now. 

If that was Johnny Bright i heard calling the dogs at Waikato yesterday then he needs to go to the top of the class. Excellent, unlike some other wannabes that shouldn't be let near a microphone for fear of causing damage to peoples sanity.

At least Peter early says as he sees , as in race 10 at Waikato yesterday when he quickly pointed out the dog turning its head at another. Others might have said nothing.

Yeah he's accurate, just sounds bored a lot of the time.  I think enthusiasm helps punters keep listening. 

I prefer not to criticise commentators of greyhound sprints because its all over so quickly. Getting a good call out is a real skill. 

What I will say is that I thought Johnny Bright did a superb job of the last at Manukau today. His father was very good and Johnny has a "bright" future. 

Hopefully he will call Bob Bond's "Bright" sprinter home many times in the weeks ahead. That dog is like having your own ATM,

I prefer not to criticise commentators of greyhound sprints because its all over so quickly. Getting a good call out is a real skill. 

What I will say is that I thought Johnny Bright did a superb job of the last at Manukau today. His father was very good and Johnny has a "bright" future. 

Hopefully he will call Bob Bond's "Bright" sprinter home many times in the weeks ahead. That dog is like having your own ATM,

Well, they are hired or should be hired because they are good at calling sprints and all races for that matter.  You hire a good electrician if you have a blown fuse in your house, not any electrician because 'the issue' is hard to fix.

I too however thought J Bright sounded good again today.  He's a far better commentator than presenter in my opinion.