RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dustydreamnz

Well done TAB

I have to agree with you there mate regarding how specific it is, but I also enjoyed the 2/2 or in some cases 8/3. A few instances I have seen, that the rougies, paying over $20 for the win, have paid/paying under $2 for the place.

But I do prefer this new inititive by the tab.

I disagree, As you know when a $1.20 shot (1/1) turns up to race the 2nd fav (2/2) could be paying $9.

If a $4 fav (1/1) turns up the $9 shot could be 7/7 in the betting.

How does the win price help me, when $9 could be 2/2 or 7/7 in the betting.

I hate the idea and it does not help a punter one bit.

But its not for the punter now is it.

Dogrug...

I agree with you.

Further, I like to note the win favouritism against the place favouritism as a marked anomaly can be a guide to the expectations of the animal's connections.

As you have pointed out, the win price on its own can be markedly misleading.

All the best.

Ashoka

They have added the win prices for every start of each dog on the website.  Now you can see this on tab.co.nz and thedogs.co.nz.  I also think this is better than 1/1 or 4/4 etc. as it's more specific. 

How can you say well done to the TAB. All I would like to see is that we get the same as the other two codes.

Go look up the horses on the TAB site and you will see they put in all their races, plus trials.

It is just like Trackside, do you think the dogs get the same coverage as the other two codes?

For the Harness to have so many trials on,and their turnovers still going down.

The Thoroughbreds are saying what can they do?

Greyhound racing is going up and the other 2 codes have no answer, all they can do is try and screw us down.

Bev

How can you say well done to the TAB. All I would like to see is that we get the same as the other two codes.

Go look up the horses on the TAB site and you will see they put in all their races, plus trials.

It is just like Trackside, do you think the dogs get the same coverage as the other two codes?

For the Harness to have so many trials on,and their turnovers still going down.

The Thoroughbreds are saying what can they do?

Greyhound racing is going up and the other 2 codes have no answer, all they can do is try and screw us down.

Bev

I think it helps, it's an improvement.  I never said they shouldn't do more, it's a start.  You are right, greyhounds are a growing turnover but we are still a long way behind the other 2 codes.  I have worked in the industry and most people want the gallops.  In saying that it's no reason to give up and our game has so much going for it we should make more progress. 

Dusty,no-ones giving up,especially the dogs. Its pretty obvious less people are wanting horses than used to.Betting,owning,training,and especially following.Returns versus costs.Would you not agree?

Dogs need to get as much information to interested parties,take advantage of horses screwing themselves up,and put actual pressure on ,these codes,and the TAB,to get a fairer deal regarding TV time usage,more fixed lead in times and definitely more input from our Petone head office.Dusty,we have the dogs,why restrict us because the horse codes can't produce?Don't you agree?

Bev

I pretty much do agree.  I'm a young guy but I've grown up watching Trackside(formerly Action TV).  I've been unwell for many many years and the channel has been a big part of my life, as stated above I've also worked in the industry.  I'm a punter(greyhounds only) and I think the times between each race could be improved but the best way would be to cut down the amount of races especially Australian races which by most peoples' admission there is far too many of. 

My father who got me watching Trackside owned shares in gallopers in the 80s and 90s and he said the prizemoney now was the same as it as then and the costs have risen sharply of course so I guess that's a sign of their growth or lack of it.  Can you imagine the greyhound industry suffering the same fate?  Our prizemoney has gone up a LOT.  

The dogs are an economical way of entering and staying in the industry for trainers, breeders, owners, spectators(no entry fee and cheaper food/drink than the horse codes) and punters(much easier to make money than the horse codes in my opinion).  

As long as we can keep growing our game we should be happy, a bit more air time on Trackside wouldn't go astray.