RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kiah

Getting away with murder

1. Forward Passes - Blues robbed when the Stormers get away with forward passes in their game over weekend.  The ruling on forward passes in rugby is currently farcical

2. Canes have taken a leaf out of the  Aussies manual and are blatantly offside every ruck and every maul.  The Chiefs were getting slaughtered by that tactic but they are just superior across the board

3. Aussie front rowers are CRAP and get away with sucking penalties from the refs - they continually try and muddy the waters so that refs are lenient - or at least 50/50 with dishing penalties

4. Go the Lions!!!

aye,

not one but TWO forward passes in that late try.

one of the reasons, I no longer bet on league and union anymore ... after twenty years of punting.

but to me now, it is when the video ref rules against the obvious film clip .. just absolute sh*te

:angry:

1. Forward Passes - Blues robbed when the Stormers get away with forward passes in their game over weekend.  The ruling on forward passes in rugby is currently farcical

2. Canes have taken a leaf out of the  Aussies manual and are blatantly offside every ruck and every maul.  The Chiefs were getting slaughtered by that tactic but they are just superior across the board

3. Aussie front rowers are CRAP and get away with sucking penalties from the refs - they continually try and muddy the waters so that refs are lenient - or at least 50/50 with dishing penalties

4. Go the Lions!!!

Interesting your take on the Canes v Chiefs. Tony Robinson in today Dom Post saw the ruck mauls different to you Kiah. Here's what he says

"Have the Chiefs mastered the art of getting in the oppositions way at the back of the ruck? Time and again the Chiefs players leap over or around the edge of rucks, disrupt the halfback and then fawn innocence. Chiefs tacklers also linger on the wrong side of rucks while their clean outs often extend several metres beyond the ruck" (This lst point will be pointing at Messam on Barrett leading directly to the try to the Chiefs halfback).

Re scrums - The Refs have as little idea as the rest of us as to what is going on. They just guess. It's a lottery.

Re Lions - Why cheer for them? All you will get for the next four years is how Northern Hemisphere rugby is superior to Southern Hemisphere. for that reason alone - "Go Aussie"

Dom Post have the worst rugby writers of all the major dailies since Jim Kayes left. Idiots have only managed to pick about 30% of all the super results when a blind monkey should select 50%

What the chiefs is doing is mostly legal. They are watching and waiting for the ball to pop out. Sometimes they are guessing and time it right other times they get it wrong and back out.  Which the ref lets them off with.  The cleanouts have been pioneered by the chiefs and copied by others now.  Two men are going into the tackle and blowing way over the ball.  Its legal.  THe Dom writers just havent caught up with  the rules.  

Watch the first half again and count the number of canes offsides every single time the Chiefs had the ball.  they must be behind the last foot of the maul/ruck.  They arent even close.  

Their are a couple of NZ born in theLions and for me - the only Maori player in either team is in the Lions.  But besides that, they are the biggest tour to beat for the southern hemisphere - and I want that honour to be held by the ABs alone!!!! 

Go the Lions!!!!!

Gotta rate Odriscoll to be unlucky.  It was his Welsh mate that let through that try last Sat.  OD made his tackle but his mate didnt trust him and left his man.  Now with the second Welshman back - Gatland has gone with the Welsh combination.  I hope he is right but it certainly looks like he is favouring the Welsh - I dont think he is but the media will play on it.  He will be the hero if they win but a loss will see the knives come out