RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Opo

LETTERS

Letter published in the Bay of Plenty Times 3/9/13

Iwi Demands

Awanui Black castigates me for my letter about the continuing demands by iwi to our council.  If he would care to check the chronology of my letter he would see that my original missive was in response to a ratepayer who is also disturbed by the constant pandering to iwi by a council who doesn't know how to say "No!"

As Mr. Black has called me "tunnel-visioned" I would be grateful if he could please show me which statements I made that are incorrect - free papakainga housing for Maori-only; 3000 special places in trades training for Maori only; the Auckland Maori Statutory Board demanding $295 million from the Auckland ratepayers for Maori-only issues; a constitutional review sought by The Maori Party with the sole purpose of entrenching the Treaty of Waitangi into every statute of law in New Zealand.

All these issues are about separatism and special privilege and is the cause of the racial division that Mr. Black writes of. 

Perhaps, Mr. Black, I am not small-minded and tunnel-visioned, but simply very aware and disturbed by the tsunami of Maori demands at both a local and national level which is creating a them and us situation.

How then can we ever be one people!.

R. B

Tauranga

A white person cannot be in the Maori All blacks or on any Maori sporting team

Don't be so sure - I know someone without a drop of Maori blood,who represented NZ Maori internationally. This person's uncle- also 0.00% Maori- got a Uni scholarship with the help of a Maori mate, who told him what to say about his ancestry.

This is the unabridged letter that was published in the Bay of Plenty Times 13/9/13

Clique Indicated
I attended the meeting hosted by the Citizens Advocacy Group (Tauranga) about the legitimate concerns of the mounting debt we have as a city. Not a good look Your Worship and fellow councillors!

I also observed some of the dynamics of the current and aspiring councillors.

There were some good questions from election hopefuls but I did note that as one was speaking on the stage, one younger candidate turned to his co-councillors and visibly made a mocking signal.

A petty action but it does add dimension to the character of the people we are electing to bat for us for the next few years. It suggests a clique - would these people work well together or would there be personality clashes to detract from the real business of debt and more debt. Perhaps I require more gravitas of my elected councillors! 

I also have a real issue with co-governance  - every week a new demand from iwi, and I look no further than Auckland with its Draft Unitary Plan loaded with Maori demands - wahi tapu has taken on a whole new meaning there - and the far north where the district and regional councils will be replaced with a Unitary Authority where unelected iwi will have a third of council seats - hardly democratic!

The foundation of democracy is that we are all equal under the law, please let us keep it that way.

R. B
Tauranga

A letter in the Sunlive (Tauranga)

What happened to democracy?

Co-governance. It’s another new word that’s crept into our vocabulary, which as far as I am concerned is all fine as long as Maori get themselves elected by the people in the same way everyone else in this country does.

Once again the New Zealand taxpayer has to fund these self-appointed positions on our councils by Maori to push their point of view only on what suits them.

These special privileges, handed out for a minority group and they call it co-governance, to me is Apartheid by another name.

Now I read Tauranga City Mayor Stuart Crosby thinks maybe he should be informing the wider public of how it all works.

All fine after the event, especially as he is supposed to be working for all of us, and we the public who pay for it all. He even says, quote: “there is little evidence of connecting to the wider community on these really important issues that are going to impact on them all”.

It’s like council deciding on if they want to give local Maori the Mauao Reserve ownership. Funny how it’s nothing to do with 85 per cent of the people.

Why? Typical, when a few iwi lived nearby 180 years ago it would have been waste scrub land not in any way productive or giving any monetary return in anyway.

But now after all New Zealanders have paid for and developed the land, and it looks like a cash cow, they’re asking for ownership.

And they wonder why we think they’re a greedy lot.

Once again no matter who lives here - beaches, reserves, parks, state forests - all such areas should be left as Crown land which new Zealand taxpayer fund to look after these special public areas.

Why should we give it to Maori who still expect all New Zealand taxpayers to fund the up-keep of these areas anyway. Doesn’t seem very fair from where I am standing.

Again, what happened to democracy?

C H, Katikati.

A letter in the BoP Times 19/9/13

BOPTimes20-9-13_zpsfb6d42ef.jpg

An 89 year old returned serviceman that just does not give up, a true New Zealander. (Name etc supplied)

The Right Honorable John Key, Prime Minister of New Zealand.

Dear Prime Minister

Sadly your following answer is as expected.  A typical Clayton response which says nothing really for our concern on where this country is going in the future under your Government?  Your reply is not one thing or the other.  It simply reminds us of a limp handshake.  What we do get however is the off-handed way the National Party think of this growing greed that has become very prevalent and which shall even grow further if allowed to continue.  I would say your Government has no answer or the guts to step in and it is simply a case of putting heads in the sand and hope it will all go away. 

We repeat the question- What do you intend doing about the situation of treating all NZer’s on an equal basis?  Discontinue the one sided and outdated Treaty and let’s get on with working together to achieve a more equal and fair go for us all – Black, White whoever.  If not, all the asset selling and great ideas suggested by National shall come to nothing if this obvious split in Maori/Pakeha relationship is allowed to get out of control?  We believe it is well on the way to a serious division to the advantage of one race?

We would hope that whoever composes your letters will realize the concerns we have and when a reply is forthcoming we trust that a more substantial answer will be received than the recent email below, which was nothing more than a simple “Fob Off”   To allow our future generations where many will end up as second class citizens is a crime in itself and if ignored by your Government or succeeding Governments will eventually turn out to be a disaster in the final result.  Especially if the Treaty is written in as a major and binding part of our forthcoming Constitution.  Allow that to happen and it will not be a case of God Defend NZ but a case of God Help NZ?

Sincerely
 T B RSA member

Sent: Wednesday, 18 September 2013 3:35 p.m.
To: t_b@
Subject: RE: New Political Party

Dear Mr B

I am  writing on behalf of the Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, Rt Hon John Key, to acknowledge your email of 15 August 2013 concerning the future of New Zealand.

Thank you for taking the time to write to the Prime Minister and share your views.

Yours sincerely
B Smith
Office of the Prime Minister

Sent: Thursday, 15 August 2013 1:25 p.m.
To: J Key (MIN)
Cc: B English (MIN)
Subject: FW: New Political Party

Personal to the Prime Minister of NZ
The Hon John Key

Dear Sir

You may find the following as very interesting.  Perhaps the National Party can give more focus to the growing apartied which is slowly absorbing all New Zealanders.  Discontinue sucking up to Maori, some with only a spoonful of Maori blood, and treat all citizens as equal.  Apart from all other problems the National Party will fly in at the next election?

I did not put my life on the line to end up in my latter years to find that the country I served is slowly allowing a certain race to have more advantages by hand outs than fellow citizens.  To keep on living in the past is well gone and the future is most important to the following generations where Maori, Pakeha and other Nationalities must be as one, working together to maintain our country as being equal in the law with no other Culture having any advantage over the rest. Make that as a priority and your party will regain my vote at the next election along with many of my old mates.

Speak to many of my comrades in the various RSA’s and your National Party my be quite surprised in the rising unrest that faces our future progress as a Nation.  It is obvious to the older generation that under your Government we are all on the way to even anarchy as we move forward.

I never seem to gain any response to the many emails and communication that I have previously forwarded and wonder if I shall get the same treatment with this email?

Sincerely
 T B RSA member

From the Daily Post Rotorua 21/9/13

DailyPostRotorua21-9-13_zpsb30a82c3.jpg

Dear Sir, (Sent to NZHerald 13/9/13)

I have come across a disturbing website called "The Takimoana Government." This group submitted an essay to the United Nations about "the three pillars of treaty dishonour, colonial terrorism and constitutional fraud," with a general theme of “ Maori have the right to overthrow the Pakeha legal order through revolutionary change."

They have a myriad of demands including a wish to be exempt from all taxes, revenues, levies of the New Zealand Parliament.

Add to this a speech earlier this year given by Margaret Mutu to impressionable young people in which she spoke of how the shackles of colonisation have imprisoned Maori for over 150 years. She calls the treaty settlement process deeply racist, dishonest and a gross violation of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.

This shows how deeply separatist some Maori are, and will become more so with the planned entrenchment of the Treaty of Waitangi into every statute in law, encouraged by self interested central and local governments.

This is apartheid, pure and simple!

Do these people really believe that they have no European ancestry when in fact there are no full blooded Maori. How can they deny a huge part of their bloodline?

Maori lead us to believe that they honour their ancestors, so please - honour ALL your ancestors, they made you who you are today!

R. B

Bay of Plenty

Democracy please     (sent to Weekend Sun 15/9/13)

Last week C. Humphreys hit the nail on the head, co-governance, no matter how you dress it, is apartheid.

Every week in Tauranga there is a new demand from iwi and there are councillors who jump to oblige them.

In the far north the council may be replaced with a Unitary Authority where unelected iwi would have a third of council seats. Maori in Northland are annoyed over suggestions that they should be democratically elected to gain these seats - their leader stated "That requirement is tantamount to further colonised behaviour that we should not tolerate."  

Good grief - colonisation brought Maori into the twentieth century and brought an end to the constant threat of being wiped out by a neighbouring tribe. 

At the Conference of Maori Chiefs at Kohimarama in 1860 a quote from one chief was "It will be right to observe the laws of the Queen." Another said "I agreed to Governor Hobson's residing on this land. If he had not taken up his abode on this shore, then this island would have been in trouble. Another nation would have come and taken possession of it."

If only the iwi leaders of today had half the integrity and common-sense of those chiefs!.

Call it what you want, co-governance is apartheid - pure and simple!

R. B

Tauranga

A letter in the Sunlive 27/9/13

Why fund Hapu/Iwi?

Towards the bottom right of page six of your last issue is a small item ‘Iwi/Hapu management plans’ (The Weekend Sun, September 20) about funding up to $30,000 to “support development of the iwi/hapu management plans”. What on earth is this all about?

Why do they need special payments and why can’t they use money from the colossal full and final settlements of their Waitangi claims.

Can I get financial help in planning the management of my immediate and extended family matters? I bet not.

Could the Mayor please advise the reasoning behind this, and tell us how much more of our funds is to be wasted in the future.

R O, Bethlehem.

http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/54221-why-fund-hapuiwi.html

Maori problems a burden on public purse?

The report in the latest issue of The Weekend Sun, from the BOPDHB is another example of the official, racist preferential treatment of Maori. The report indicates a conciliatory, almost patronising, attitude in its reportage of “health inequalities for Maori”. They then go on to win an award from IPANZ.

What inequality? Already we have seen great preference given exclusively to Maori. A requirement of nurse trainees to visit maraes and the official need to follow marae protocols in hospitals when they are probably regularly  followed in normal life by fewer than 20 per cent of those who claim themselves Tangatawhenua, the 14 per cent of the population.

Visitors’ allowances are relaxed to suit Maori, numbers of visitors and length of stay, official forms in both languages are presented to all and many are questioned as to any special  requirements they may have as Maori.

These are courtesies not offered to any other ethnic or religious group. These were not promised by the Treaty but just the rights of all citizens.

The poor state of Maori health is the sole responsibility of Maori. No one forces cigarettes into their mouths, poor food and booze into their guts. No one denies them the education that is freely available to all, and without which many become unemployed. No one forces a marked dependency on public welfare.

Maori should therefore consider solving these problems out of the large assets that they have accrued through Treaty settlements and cease to be a continual burden on the public purse. No one should call them disadvantaged.        

B J, Omokoroa.

http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/54260-maori-problems-burden-on-public-purse.html

(Letter published in the Northland Age 3/10/13)

The right to rule

Throughout history mankind has been burdened by those who believe they have the God given right to rule. We New Zealanders rejected that notion. Democracy took the power out of the hands of the elite and gave it to the people. Many of us treasure our right to determine who governs. Even when we do not agree with the decisions they make, the paths they take, ultimately our leaders are accountable to the citizens.

Democracy is a political system of equality, and of accountability, no matter what your race or religion. The mana of each individual is recognised. We meet as equals at the ballot box, with every vote carrying identical weight. This is the bedrock of a democracy.

However it appears your recent correspondent Haami Piripi would have us turn back the clock to a time when genetic ancestry determined your political status. He advocates separate rights based on inheritance. This is an attack on the very core of democracy. It is your citizenship which should determine your rights, not your racial profile.

S. C. S
Auckland

A letter in the Wanganui Chronicle 5/10/13

post-6732-0-55030000-1380920972_thumb.jp

From the Weekend Sun, Tauranga 4/10/13

Finances need to get on track

Some letters about financial matters stand out this week.

Firstly, the letter by R. Paterson and the huge debt of the Tauranga City Council. Analyst Larry Mitchell gave us the frightening figures at the Citizens Advocacy Meeting, the debt ratio stands at $10,000 per ratepayer and I hope that someone from TCC will take up the challenge of the writer to have the figures professionally analysed.

Another thought-provoking letter was from Bryan Johnson about preferential health treatment for Maori. I also read the same report and thought “What health inequality?” I agree with him, it is personal responsibility to follow sensible guidelines, to not smoke or overdo alcohol. It costs just $17 to visit a doctor at a Maori health provider so poor personal finances are not a factor - probably cheaper than a packet of ciggies. Perhaps it is simply a case of juggling priorities and to actually follow through with the available health-care. Just to clarify, I believe that price of $17 is not exclusively for Maori.

The third letter of worriesome content was about the promised golden handshake of $400,000 for the CEO of the Western BOP District Council. Are there any backroom deals that our TCC have stashed away that we are not privy to? Are the books open so that we can see who gets what?

These letters demonstrate a drain on our city finances and are a starting point to get back on track!

R. B

Pyes Pa

Three letters in the Northland Age this morning 8/10/13

INTEGRITY LOST
I read the recent article by Muriel Newman and did not find it extremist, divisive or barbaric as Mr. Haami Piripi suggests.
Does he not believe in democracy, the definition of which is that all citizens must be equal under the law. Therefore all those who gain a seat on the council must be democratically elected.

I am sure that with his stand against this obvious separatism, John Carter will do well in his quest for the mayoralty as the rest of us are totally fed up with the ongoing machinations of these tribal sovereignty groups.

Mr. Piripi, since colonisation, in spite of the continual derision from iwi, your lives have been turned around. In pre-European times, you only owned your small plot of land until a bigger and stronger tribe came along and killed you, your fate was to end up in the pot!

At the Conference of Maori Chiefs at Kohimarama in 1860 a quote from one chief was "It will be right to observe the laws of the Queen." Another said "I agreed to Governor Hobson's residing on this land. If he had not taken up his abode on this shore, then this island would have been in trouble. Another nation would have come and taken possession of it."

They obviously welcomed colonisation! If only the iwi leaders of today had half the integrity and common-sense of those chiefs!.
R. B
Bay of Plenty

RIGHTS AND WRONGS
 It is with utter disbelief i have read the Maori myths put forward by your correspondent Haami Piripi.  He dredges out the rubbish that some present-day Maori use to claim millions of dollars of taxpayers` money to "settle", often totally fictitious "wrongs".

Let me set out a few FACTS>   Before 1840 Maori chiefs had first appealed to King William of England for help to stop Maori slaughtering and eating each other to extinction.  He sent Busby who failed to stop the infighting so Chiefs again appealed to Queen Victoria to save them.  She was ruler over vast colonies and was not really interested in becoming involved with a small country, on the other side of the world, inhabited by cannabilistic intertribal fighting natives.  However, she decided to make New Zealand a colony and  sent Captain Hobson on this perilous journey.   He explained in detail the conditions under which the British Government would protect Maori namely, they must cede absolute sovereignty to the Queen and become citizens under British law.   This the Maori chiefs agreed to and 540 Chiefs signed the Treaty,  and on 21st May 1840 Britain declared sovereignty over the North Island by Treaty and over the South Island by Discovery.

There was absolutely no mention of the word "partnership" in the Treaty and Queen Victoria did not have the jurisdiction to give tangata Maori special rights under the Treaty not already enjoyed by the people of England under English law.

The allegations that confiscation of lands contravened the Treaty of Waitangi are false.  The Chiefs placed in the hands of the Queen of England , the Sovereignty and authority to make laws.  Some sections of the Maori people violated these Laws, war arose and blood was spilled.      Under the law, land was taken in payment - this in itself a Maori custom!   Much land was later returned.

Under the auspices of the Treaty negotiator Chris Finlayson, land, forestries, fisheries, buildings and money have been given to Maori but it appears that very little seeps down to those in need.   When settlers arrived they found barren land awash with ferns.  Maori lived in filthy hovels and were themselves filthy.   Settlers built roads, hospitals, schools, and brought scientific and other knowledge to Maori who could neither read nor write.  And still the moaning and claims go on.   Through intermarriage Maori are so watered down some would only have an eggspoonful of Maori blood in them and yet they claim all the special privileges given to Maori to-day.  When will we all become New Zelanders?

M. B
Tauranga

CLEARING THE AIR
Your readers may agree with either the moderate recent article in your columns by Muriel Newman or the abusive reply by "Haami Piripi" - a non-de-plume for James Phillips, I suggest.  However they should be aware that he has been spouting falsehoods about the Treaty of Waitangi and related issues for some time now - e.g. "Your Weekend", 16th October 2010.

Here are a few facts to help clear the air.

1. Prior to 1840, the Ngapuhi were amongst the most bloodthirsty people on the planet, killing and eating Maoris from other tribes by the thousand.

2. Fearing revenge as other tribes gained strength and firepower, they were amongst the strongest advocates of the cession of sovereignty to the Queen and the protection it brought them.

3. The Kohimarama conference in 1860 was attended by many Ngapuhi chiefs who affirmed in the clearest of terms that the Queen was their sovereign.

4. By the Treaty, chiefs surrendered sovereignty completely and forever to the Queen (Article first)

5. In return all Maoris became fully-fledged subjects of the Queen (Article third). [Note the boon this was to the many hundreds of slaves of Ngapuhi who were kept in the most appalling conditions of subjugation.]

6. The rights to own property of all the people of New Zealand were affirmed (Article second). [A subsidiary provision for land sales was soon abandoned as unworkable.]

7. THAT IS ALL!

8. "Partnership" is a falsehood, based on a vague remark by that foolish man Robin Cooke who grossly exceeded his judicial role.  GET USED TO IT.  PARTNERSHIP IS A FALSEHOOD AND ANYBODY HENCEFORTH WHO SAYS THERE IS ONE BETWEEN THE QUEEN AND MAORIS OR ANYBODY ELSE, KNOWING THIS, IS LYING.

9. "Principles of the Treaty" whether proclaimed by that flawed body, the Waitangi Tribunal, or anybody else are a recent fabrication which have nothing to do with the Treaty (see above, 4-6).

10. We are all New Zealanders and no racist group or anybody else is entitled to claim privileges in the delivery of health services, fishing quotas or anything else on the basis of a false appeal to the Treaty. (Again, see above, 4-6.)

11. The First Company of the 28th (Maori) Battalion knew where they stood -"For God, for King and for Country" - most of those heroes would turn in their graves if they knew the sort of statements Haami Piripi and his like are making today.

12. Apartheid doesn't work - South Africa tried it and it failed.  As Hobson said at Waitangi to each chief as he signed the Treaty "Hei iwi tahi tatou" - "We are one people now."  That is how it should and must be - GET USED TO IT, HAAMI!

B M
Nelson

These a not authenticated facts Opo...Just ignorant ranters letting off steam , living in their own little worlds ....Show a bit more decorum and post your own opinions or diatripe..... It`ll be good to get it off your shoulder.

Gate Pa funding inappropriate​

Well, the Tauranga City Council has really shot itself in the foot and it is time certain members were shown the exit door.

I refer to the decision to fund a commemoration of the battle in 1846 at Gate Pa instead of the Summerfest which attracts thousands, and is a huge tourist event for the city.

This shows the pandering by some members of the Tauranga Council to the unelected iwi members.

There is very limited interest in the battle, except by a minority group, whereas the Summerfest is a fun time, particularly for young people and visiting families, for whom there are limited attractions in summer and which provides fun and live music in a drug-free atmosphere.

I sincerely hope that, if TCC is funding the commemoration of the Gate Pa battle which Maori won, it will give a similar amount to commemorating the British victory a short time later at Te Ranga when Colonel H Greer won a decisive victory over Maori and put an end to Chief Rawiri Puhirake and further uprisings. If this is not done, it will show the council as being racially biased.
 M B
Tauranga

A letter in the Bay of Plenty Times today 11/10/13

Gate Pa funding inappropriate​

Well, the Tauranga City Council has really shot itself in the foot and it is time certain members were shown the exit door.

I refer to the decision to fund a commemoration of the battle in 1846 at Gate Pa instead of the Summerfest which attracts thousands, and is a huge tourist event for the city.

This shows the pandering by some members of the Tauranga Council to the unelected iwi members.

There is very limited interest in the battle, except by a minority group, whereas the Summerfest is a fun time, particularly for young people and visiting families, for whom there are limited attractions in summer and which provides fun and live music in a drug-free atmosphere.

I sincerely hope that, if TCC is funding the commemoration of the Gate Pa battle which Maori won, it will give a similar amount to commemorating the British victory a short time later at Te Ranga when Colonel H Greer won a decisive victory over Maori and put an end to Chief Rawiri Puhirake and further uprisings. If this is not done, it will show the council as being racially biased.
 M B
Tauranga

A letter published in the Northern Advocate 15/10/13

Where in the world is Nu Tirani? Don’t know? Well you are there right now.
Nu Tirani is the old Maori name for New Zealand, used in the Declaration of Independence and in the only official (Maori) version of the Treaty of Waitangi.

The Maoris had no concept of a collective name for New Zealand’s islands until the adoption of the Maori/Pakeha mix of Nu Tireni in 1835 — so Aotearoa is a quite recent invention and has no earlier historical basis.

Prior to the Declaration of Independence the North Island only was known as Aotearoa and the South Island as Te Waipounamu. Even as recently as 1923 Sir Apirana Ngata made reference to ‘‘the land . . . known as Aotearoa, the South Island and adjacent islands’’.

Modernistic renaming of all of NZ as Aotearoa is clearly not in keeping with true Maori history as the Treaty of Waitangi was an agreement made between the Queen and the Maori people of Nu Tirani. In fact, Nu Tirani is mentioned eight times and there is no mention at all of Aotearoa in the document.

If today’s historians refuse to accept Nu Tirani as the traditional Maori name for this country does this then render the Treaty invalid?

One can’t help but wonder if other historical ‘‘facts’’ have been ‘‘newly translated’’.
Perhaps the Treaty of Waitangi means exactly what is stated in the back-translation from Maori by T.E. Young of the Native Department in 1869.

The Treaty should be looked at in the light of what the Maori Chiefs who signed it understood it to mean — and this is very clearly outlined by Sir Apirana Ngata in his article ‘‘An Explanation Of The Treaty’’ in 1923.

Both of the latter are well worth the read.
M M
Kaipara

Treaty settlements a costly mistake (sent to Wanganui Chronicle 8/10/13)
I can understand why Potonga Neilson feels treaty settlements have passed him/her by, with “grievance mode” remaining.

By the time a further 50 settlements are completed, about $4-billion will be shared among 80 or so groups like the PKW Incorporation Potonga criticizes. With little benefit to anyone else, this is hardly “creating the financial base for Maoridom” as politicians of the past boldly declared.

Moreover, negative Maori social indicators have worsened as settlements have progressed, with more and proportionally more Maori living on unemployment, sickness, invalid and domestic purposes benefits, according to Ministry of Social Development figures.

Already we have enough information to prove that treaty settlements are as much a costly mistake as were the 1860s land confiscations.
 Mike Butler
Hawkes Bay

Treaties are about compromise (A great letter sent to Northland Age 6/10/13)
Your words Haami Piripi, Iwi leader [26.9.13] quote; ‘Treaties are about compromise, collaboration and cooperation. Not sacrificing one for another’.
That is exactly what Maori is not doing to 85% of NZ  people, wanting everything for themselves self-Rule, co-governance, preferential Health treatment, preferential everything. Behaving like spoilt kids!

The 1989 Waitangi Tribunal written up Principles by Geoffrey Palmer
Labour government was another sheer fabrication that should never have happened, none of that is in the Treaty of Waitangi.  No mandate from the people as usual just slipped through parliament.
It certainly isn’t right wing ruining this country it is the aggressive radical Maori who are hell bent on creating apartheid wanting co-governance and self-rule separate this separate that and how many times does the NZ tax payer  pay out on Waitangi claims it never ends and none of us were here in 1840 anyway.

So when you talk about partnership and that NZ is now more on course I take it that means 85% of us have to just keep paying out to Maori and pandering to their every whim!! Read the dictionary last time I looked it meant ‘Equality For all” not one side takes all!!!

The way I see it the minute Maori doesn’t get all they want or someone speaks out about the inequality of Life in NZ for the majority Maori start their Bully Boy tactics of abuse and name calling just like you have done to M Newman.  While we are on about preferential treatment how come the paper has printed your long letter doesn’t happen for the rest of us!

NZ is losing its democracy because of Maori separatist demands,  you mention Zimbabwe well that’s exactly where Maori is driving NZ so take a good at look at the mess they are in, the dark race supremacy hasn’t done much for them!
 C H
Tauranga

icon_post_report.gif

...And register your real name etc....If you`ve got the BALLS

My name is David Campbell and I live in Ellerslie, Jack Maru. I can be found every Wednesday evening at Doolan Bros bar in Ellerslie. I am 1.80m tall and can wear whatever colour tee shirt you like to assist in identification. So? Did you think I was having a go at you, or something? My point was actually 'What is the point of voting, as it counts for zip in reality.' Use your brain beofre you type brainless aggro crap.

Anyone notice how most of the letters are written by the same people and they seem to come from a small area, Omokora to Bethlehem to Pyes Pa and Tauranga. 

What a joke, just a couple of rednecks bleating in different papers.

Oh right,  just like Opo .....  :lol: