RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Holly

Does anyone know when

The Geoff Small wrong horse debacle from the Jewels at Ashburtion will be heard by the JCA or has it been heard already and slipped under the radar.  A slap with a wet bus ticket?

Eiljay - just wondering if you were at Ashburtion on the day - I suspect not by your comments.    I know one of the owners of one of the horses and they are livid. Sitting in the stand watching it all unfold and everyone wondering what the hell was going on with the G Small horse and some one jokingly said may be its the wrong horse.  It was was the biggest day of the year for Harness racing and already the first race is delayed.When it comes down to it Geoff Small is responsible even if it is a mistake made by his staff.  Yes the brand should have been checked before it go to the start and maybe the officials need a reprimand as well.

Holly - no I wasn't at Ashburton.    Yes, Geoff is responsible for putting the right horse on the track whether by himself personally his staff, or any other person, has fessed up and has copped a fine.    But reading between the lines, as happens whenever the Small stable is involved in any incident. the lynch mob seem to appear (not saying you one of them Holly but I have heard many very uninformed comments since and regarding this incident).    As I said before lets wait till the official report is published before drawing the knives.    

Also, I have no connection whatsoever with this Stable, I do know Geoff personally, as I do with the majority of the personel involved in the sport, in the North and many in the South so I not "biased" or "sticking up for him".      

No matter who the trainer was - e.g. a Purdon, Dalgety or Butt barn (no disrepect to any of these just an example)  I still think the fine is insufficient.  Drivers get fined nearly as much on occasions for excessive whipping etc. Someone asked me if I hard every heard of this happening before in harness - I think I heard a report it happened at the trials (not that long ago) but the one that always does come to mind is the Fine Cotton scandal.