RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

speed legend

UNINTERUPTED THIS POOCH MAY OF RUN 29.3 HERE,BIG RUN AFTER GETTING WIPED OUT LAST WEEK AND ONLY CONCERN IS THE TARDY BEGININGS,LITTLE MOTHER FROM MEMORY USE TO BE SLOW THEN MOTOR BEFORE BECOMING A POTENT LEADER.LOOKS TO BE THE NEXT SUPERSTAR

Right from the start this dog had shown he had massive potential, running a 17.42 qualifying time. His first start he run 2nd to his litter mate Backyard Bully, BUT, made up about 25-30L after early interference, closing the gap to 5L in 29.85. 

His mother Just Like That, without sounding disrespectful to owners/trainers, was average but the progeny she has had have had mountains of ability. They seem to have gotten faster each litter, from the likes of Just Like Bee, Freddy John, Visionary Man and now Speed Legend.

To all connections concerned, well done. Billy, yo have done a tremendous job in being patient with this dog from his little injury to turning out to what he is now and will be. I wish you every success with Speed Legend, as a "King" of the game, you deserve it.

It's amazing watching him get faster and faster as the race progresses. With Freddy John proving he was competitive over the longer journeys and up against high classed dogs, is the Silver Collar out of his reach??? Wherever Bill takes him, it will be worth it!!!

Are there any other thoughts about the likes of "Backyard Bully" and "Speed Legend" and the Silver Collar?

I'm not the trainer but I'd guess it would be a year early, maybe next year could be a race to target.  I'm not confident either dog will get 700m plus but I hope I'm wrong.  The broody Just Like That has to be one of New Zealand's best in recent years atleast.  Does anyone know if she has any more litters on the ground?

The way this dog has railed up the last 2 weeks and put 7+ lengths on quality dogs has been simply brilliant to watch. No dog has run time like he has the last 2 weeks since Little Mother ran under 29.50 on numerous occasions. With early racing room and slightly better beginnings, Speed Legend has the ability to be a champion. ( If he can transfer the form to other tracks as Mike stated).  I really look forward to watching him progress, well done to connections and enjoy the ride!!!  B)  :rolleyes: