RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
NZTBA-Canterbury

Foal Walk & BBQ Social Day

NZTBA - Canterbury / Marlborough / Westland Branch

Labour Day - Monday 26th October from 10am

9:45am: Arrive at Long Acres Stud, Pinegrove Road, Darfield

(approx 8.3 km from Darfield - heading towards West Coast)

10am: LONG ACRES STUD FOAL WALK

Including the second crop of REMIND

11:30am: SELWYN RIVER STUD FOAL WALK

Featuring the first crop of EDENWOLD

Selwyn River Stud, Corbetts Road, Ellesmere

1pm: BERKLEY STUD FOAL WALK & BBQ

Including the third crop of COATS CHOICE

Berkley Stud, 140 Hudsons Road, Greenpark

(Please park on the verge in Hudsons Road)

Bring the family & friends and have a great Labour day with us

The FOAL WALK IS FREE / BBQ ONLY $5

Please Note: The BBQ will be subsidised by the branch an indication of numbers for the BBQ would be appreciated.

Enquiries & RSVP

Mike is so great at his job, he ordered fine weather and it obliged - turned just as the barbecue finished with a cold wind coming up before the rain. The barbecue with the venison patties and sausages in home baked buns & salad were delicious. The foals were a credit to the 3 studs involved & about 40 odd persons were presented with some eyecatching, sound boned little babies, all of them very curious about the ring of people keen to see them. The stud owners gave us a rundown on each mares pedigrees & performing relatives as they were being paraded. Another great and successful day out for everyone organised by Mike and his enthusiatic team.

Kay, we are indeed very lucky to have such a hard working team at the Canterbury Branch of the NZ Thoroughbred Breeders Assn:

I drove over from the West Coast and had a wonderful time seeing all the beautiful babies and catching up with some very special friends.

My special thanks go to 'Longacres' Stud who paraded my mare 'Apparition' and her 'Remind' filly. They presented them both beautifully and young 'Carli' showed off to the crowd so nicely.I especially liked the yearlings shown at the end. 'Remind', who is a great favourite of mine has definately produced big strong athletic types.

Then we went off to Selwyn River Stud where we saw some of the first crop of 'Edenwold'. Very exciting babies there and I look forward to a foal from him next year. To Glyn Morris a big 'Thank You' for letting us view 'Edenwold'. Such an exciting stallion with IMHO the 'Wow Factor'.

At Berkley Stud we viewed a variety of foals by. Coats Choice, My Halo plus Red Clubs and Any Suggestion. I was especially taken by the beautiful walking Coats Choice's and the oh so gorgeous 'Any Suggestion' baby.

I had to leave then but would like to say a very special thank you to Mike and his team for putting on such a wonderful day and making me feel so welcome.