RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kiah

The Box Seat

Ive been away awhile and come back to the box seat cancelled.  I was a little surprised that I didnt see a thread on it when looking back through the threads that I missed (though i might have missed it). Am I the only one that has missed this programme??

I didnt like some of the content but it was way better than having nothing???

Did everyone lose their jobs?  was their any comment on it from the TAB trackside?

I know that the sheriff would not be aggrieved but it just seems odd that I didnt see any comments.

The threads are now noticeably lighter now on trotting horses than from just a few years ago.

Just saying ...

I missed the show that started the ball rolling, but here's what I can gather....

Mark Jones had a segment, "Keeping Up with the Jones's". In this he expressed his concern on the management of HRNZ and the impact it is having on the industry. I didn't see it, but after talking to those who did most people agreed that changes need to be made somewhere, our export vs racing vs breeding numbers are shocking.

The following week, "Keeping Up with the Jones's" was cut from the Box Seat format, causing quite an uproar on the social media sites by industry personnel. Many were upset that Mark spoke his mind publicly about these issues and was 'punished' for doing so by being pulled from the show. It raised the issue that if one of our high profile figures can't call it how he sees it, what hope does Jo Breeder and Bob Trainer have in changing anything?

In the days following, the Box Seat announced via social media and a brief mention on Trackside that it would be taking it's "Winter Hiatus" early, but would be back for a special Jewels preview.

Hope that helps!!

Didn't I read on here somewhere that Edward Rennell complained about the Jones segement going to air, Glen Broomhall canned The Box Seat, Rennell then complained about the show being pulled but it was goooooone?  

I heard Rennell on Trackside Radio couple of weeks ago, his issue was HRNZ not getting a right of reply before they aired Mark's comments, He did check with Trackside that it wasn't canned due to his complaint and they assured him it wasn't , was more the fact they didn't have the manpower(someone to direct the show) so was put into recess couple of weeks early.

Being the cynic that I am, I'd say Mr Rennell is is damage control, and trying not to look like the big sook that tossed the toys out of the cot when a prominent member of the industry he so ineptly leads, voiced an opinion shared by the majority.

Any leader worth his salt welcomes feedback, especially from the front line. Canning The Box Seat will fix everything, yeah right!