RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Trevor

opawa jed..."the race is over, even this far from home"...."he's sitting down, oh, he's been beat"

trevor! mate, i like you and your commentating doesn't normally bother me, but you need to call the races as they are being run, not determining them with such surety on trap rise lol. this had to be one of the worse ever.......

i did not hear trev call wandy chloe or law to excel in the distance race, he was so keen that opawa jed was going to win and forgot about the other runners. when i saw know future loom up on the turn and opawa jed was tiring i knew it was over, well done fly(know future) who doesn't win them that often. ( know peace's litter-mate) :) :)

this is one of my favourite threads on racecafe. thanks for the laugh's trev, even if they are at your expense! one day the addington dogs will get a commentator that does the racing justice, the nz cup carnival deserves better than having him make a muppet of himself.

absolutely, the situation is farcical.  someone i know said they don't want him to retire because then they'd be noone to laugh at. 

What happened in race 7? I'm driving home radio on, anchored Know Advantage in place 6. Trev calls Homebush Helen 3rd but a close photo with Know Advantage. Mike O'Sullivan who has the benefit of watching on tv and also a replay calls the numbers 6,3,1,2 so I figure Trev's got it right. Get home and check results and it's 6,3,2,5!!

Begs the question? Trev may be bad but how bad is Mike O'Sullivan?

..what regularly 'grates' with me is, upon crossing over TO Trevor..which very often is only a minute to jump, he starts the blither surrounding his picks.

This takes up all of the apeture left untill the jump, and is entirely pointless because, by the time he blathers it all out, the race is due to Jump!, there is No time for a punter to take any of his advices..and so All this serves to do is to highlight his picks for the race..that are only interesting for Him!, Not US at all.

i couldn't give a stuff what He thinks will be chances., nor what his Picks are...because even if they were astute, you have No time to 'action' any of that 'advice' !

this regular ceremony, is embarrassing and nearly makes me blush...and that's in my Own singular company!

..i guess that tendancy to Feel like blushing, is in a shame privately, but on behalf of anyone else having to witness it's idiocy!

Absolutely.  If punters do want to follow him which I wouldn't advise they don't have time to get on anyway.  Also makes me laugh how punters come in droves to back the video watch dog no matter what it is eg Opawa Jed clearly didn't see out 645m during the week then backing up a few days later gets backed into $2.30 and finishes a distant 3rd.  Know Attempt amazing value at $3.00 for the class dog of the field. 

Aiden Rodley says after Trev called Opawa Jed home after being 8 lengths clear during the week before being beaten-'Everyone has a Bill Collins moment Trev'. 

I remember Peter Earley's similar one in the Silver Collar years ago with Astro Teddy, was more than 8 lengths in front.  'They won't catch the Teddy tonight'.  He ran 4th.  One of the great races. 

..following on from this above, just after posting it, R~10 was due to go.

He had about one and a quarter minutes for this...because the race ran a minute late., As the boxing of the first half was happening, he begins talking of his 3rd selection Know Attempt., and as the last boxes were being closed, he then talks about the chances of his fourth pick Fear Go!, ceases that to then get ready for box~rise!!

this ceremony of futility must halt., it is laughable..and that's after it's firstly infuriated you of course...because it is an embarrassment of futile activity, a Waste of the time, as it is an exposay on how poorly Trevor understands 'form' and race panns too.

Gallops hosts on trackside, are to a lesser extent [they usually have more time]..guilty of the same burble., and Then they cross to the commentator to get Their picks!..while the race is near to run Lol!

..and they get 'media awards' for this Too Lol!

that Murray OWLS on radio trackside..is a champion chump., he always operates on a minute delay, and his bosses give him a Media award For it Lol!

...he's a joke, and an even worse one for believing his own bullshit...which punting people accept! Lol!

..and they get 'media awards' for this Too Lol!

that Murray OWLS on radio trackside..is a champion chump., he always operates on a minute delay, and his bosses give him a Media award For it Lol!

...he's a joke, and an even worse one for believing his own bullshit...which punting people accept! Lol!

I don't listen to the radio often but I nearly fell off my chair when I heard he had won.  What happened to good presenters like Aiden 'aswell' Rodley, Steve 'Gotta love it' Davis, Jess Davidson and Mark 'Rozo' Rosanowski.  Grant 'Nisbo' Nisbett should be 'punted' though he is a class rugby commentator which shows it's horses for courses.  Luke Radich, Donna Beck(though Jess is a clone) and Andre 'Without question' Neill are missed.  As for the commentators who will be missed Brian 'Gone like last weeks pay' Martin, Reon 'Galaxy of Stars' Murtha and Tony 'brilliant in the finish' Lee.