RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Trevor

Halfway thru Trevor's call of race 11, he spits out 3 dogs names in the commentary, and with the race still running Trevor says " We are in big trouble here"... I really would like Trevor to come on here and tell us who is in trouble... You should be disgusted in yourself for bringing your gambling into your race calls. The owners of that dog will have to put up with that shit commentary on tape because YOU lost a bet. Owners pay bills Trevor, greyhound supporters deserve better. Focus on your commentaries ( because you don't do a very good job at that either ) an leave your gambling problems to before or after the race.

The first and only race I listened to all day, good on ya Trev.

By "we're" he means those who followed his suggested bets. Hear/heard it all the time for Peter Early and the best, Brian Martin. 

What stunned me was how he said Nova's Fortune can't win off the one, LOL......Good job to those who listened!!!

By "we're" he means those who followed his suggested bets. Hear/heard it all the time for Peter Early and the best, Brian Martin.

What stunned me was how he said Nova's Fortune can't win off the one, LOL......Good job to those who listened!!!

Yes but not compulsively, maybe their hot top for the day, I'm 100 % sure it doesn't fluster their calls like it does Trevor, they are professional enough still call most of the dogs jn the race. Trevor said 3 dogs. By the sounds of his obsession with his tips I'd say he has a gambling problem. Who really listens to Trev anyway?

Nothing against the guy personally I don't know him from a bar of soap. Just my honest opinion of his sub par effort of commentating a dog race.

Apparently it doesn't matter who wins the last because it's going to be really exciting for Trev because he's got the field.

Who does this clown think he is saying it doesn't matter who wins the last? It matters to the owners and trainers of all the dogs running in the last. And it matters to the punters who don't have the field in the last. It basically matters to everyone apart from Trev.

Seriously this guy (I would've said Trev but i know he doesn't read this forum because if he had he would have pulled his head in months if not years ago) needs to stop commentating around his bets.

Why don't the owners and trainers say something? Imagine having a winner of the galaxy or cup called by trev. You'd watch it in fifty years with your grandkids with the volume down

Well said mate, he's so wrapped up in his own world.  To quote another stupid statement of his tonight, 'Ciri Rioli is not known for his box speed'.  He has led in 7 of his 12 New Zealand races.  Christchurch is in desperate need for another caller but obviously his employers don't agree. 

He's had a couple of beauties lately where he's been calling a dog the winner with 5 strides to go, only for it to get nailed on the line.  

Rather than admit he's cocked it up and say that it may have got beat, he just continues to talk as though it definitely held on.  It happened today with Opawa Wally, and it happened a couple of weeks ago when Wellywood got nailed on the line by Hooray For Hazel.  Even during the replay where it looked like the other dog had got up, he carried on talking about there "definitely being a margin" for Wellywood.  No mention of waiting for the judge's call.  Sure enough, judges call comes through and he's got it wrong.

Yeah, exactly.  What's wrong with saying photo if it's close?  He's no Brian Martin.  I'm sure punters would rather that than constantly getting their hopes up.  By the way Trev-Love the leather jacket, if you're going to be error ridden atleast look stylish doing it. 

I love how every time I look in this section (bout every three weeks) the same four or five people are moaning about the same thing.

Here's a thought. Instead of bitching about Trevor. Come up with a solution on how you propose to replace him.

There are very few potential race callers coming through the ranks. And of those who are, possibly only one will actually make it.

So what do we do about attracting fresh talent?

Or is Trev's passion and enthusiasm (yes I know he goes a little over the top and forgets his real job) a more pressing issue?

I love how every time I look in this section (bout every three weeks) the same four or five people are moaning about the same thing.

Here's a thought. Instead of bitching about Trevor. Come up with a solution on how you propose to replace him.

There are very few potential race callers coming through the ranks. And of those who are, possibly only one will actually make it.

Or is Trev's passion and enthusiasm (yes I know he goes a little over the top and forgets his real job) a more pressing issue?

This is a crazy post in my opinion.  Tune in on a Thursday or Friday(sometimes Tuesday and soon to be Monday) and see how many mistakes he makes, see how often he stutters, see how inadequate his tips are, see how much he goes on and on and on and on about his tips(even during the race) and how often he says they're unlucky even when they're not good enough and have every chance, see how often he calls the wrong dog, see how often he calls the wrong dog winning when he obviously should have settled for the photo, see how often he asks the studio presenter which colour rug that is, see how often he manages to spit out 3 or 4 dogs in a sprint when there's plenty of time to go through the field, even twice I've seen him miss the start of the race. 

He seems to have quite a fun personality but would you hire a builder who had a fun personality to build your house with a reputation for inadequacies like these in the building trade?

The punters(most of the people on this forum) deserve better and are not the ones responsible for hiring him(or a new person), we just feel we are entitled to better and have felt like this for years.  It's not a coincidence his name keeps coming up in this forum, you very rarely see any other caller or presenter criticised probably because they're very good at what they do. 

Actually I think the man is pretty good, Passion is what is needed, he has plenty of enthusiasm as well, Always has something positive to say yeah he babels on a bit and makes mistakes but hell have ago yourselves, the people who complain about him, why don't you go and knock on the commentary door and see if you can do better, It takes nerves of steel, composure, just to pick that microphone up and tell it how it is in every race to thousands of people listening and many more on big race calls, Go Trevor Go, lol, cheers  

Actually I think the man is pretty good, Passion is what is needed, he has plenty of enthusiasm as well, Always has something positive to say yeah he babels on a bit and makes mistakes but hell have ago yourselves, the people who complain about him, why don't you go and knock on the commentary door and see if you can do better, It takes nerves of steel, composure, just to pick that microphone up and tell it how it is in every race to thousands of people listening and many more on big race calls, Go Trevor Go, lol, cheers  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Im in the same boat. I don't mind him as a caller as I watch the races live, so his commentary means nothing, but if you were to listen on the radio, well you will only get the top three and last one hahah. But other than that, he's alright I suppose. He does do a better job calling the trots as the slower pace or longer journeys enables him not to rush. 

Im in the same boat. I don't mind him as a caller as I watch the races live, so his commentary means nothing, but if you were to listen on the radio, well you will only get the top three and last one hahah. But other than that, he's alright I suppose. He does do a better job calling the trots as the slower pace or longer journeys enables him not to rush. 

Absolutely he's better on the trots, doesn't get flustered. 

...agree., tommy woods too.,  . .stops them saying silly things at times, and More allows their not-so-sharp quantifications of accrueing momentumns...or their wane

I think a few of you are dreaming. The problem with all dog callers is that they want to call the whole field in just a few seconds, when maybe they should just concentrate on the first few runners, where the majority of races are won.

Brian Martin was ok, but lets face it, Trevs stiil here and his race calling cv will look a lot better than BM.

I think he does as good a job as all nz dog callers, none are special, and really its a sport where you really need to watch.

Trev has always been used as a back up caller for the trots as well, I think he even called the odd gallop meeting as well. How many nz dog callers has done that???

Keep up ya quad picks Trev, I wont be listening but somebody will.

My criticism, and indeed most people's on here is not actually about Trev's skill as a race caller. Most of us agree he does the trots well so he obvioulsy has some ability.

Our problem is that he concentrates so much on his tips that he can't call the race properly. I'm 5000% sure that if Trev gave up the tipping and just called the race as it pans out, he'd be pretty good.

No matter what age you are you should always be looking to improve your performance in your job. Trev needs to give away the tipping and do his job. Which is race calling.

Peter Earley just tipped the first four in order but he didn't even mention it in his summary. If it was Trev it would have been the first and only thing he would have mentioned.