RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bigdog1

Trentham relegation

Interested in others thoughts here…

I have watched Race 2 at Trentham repeatedly, and in my opinion the only way Optimisitic wins the race is in the enquiry room.

Optimistic only gets close via Awesome Diva’s wayward tendencies.

The margin was only a “Short Head”, so there is an argument that the extent of the interference exceeded the beaten margin, but Whelan has got the horse’s head turned sideways, and the rule reads that “the JC opinion that the interfered horse would have finished ahead of the first mentioned horse”.

I firmly believe Optimistic was not going to beat Awesome Diva.

I agree with you, bigdog1.  Based on the Trackside TV coverage, I thought the protest should fail.  But I wasn't sure it would, because a roughie was first across the line and the solid favourite finished second. 

Another conspiracy theorist! :D 

I wonder if our illustrious Sheriff could shed some light on this ?

I'm sure he has an Opinion.

I watched the race, and in my opinion it happened too close to the Post to warrant reversal of placings.

I went as far as Betting my left Testicle that the winner would not be relegated.

I would like to add more but I feel a bit Tender to go on...:>(

I didn't see the race but happened to hear the Radio Trackside commentator say "Well I think we're going to see hear some more about that one...[ or words like that] then "The head on will be VERY interesting" Then as though watching it on a TV replay, he said, "Oh nah,..it's gone! She's laid all over Optimistic and with that margin... but I guess we'll have to wait for the Stewards I spose..." Or words to that effect.

It took quite a while for the decision to be made.

You really need to see the head on to realise just how badly Awesome Diva ran out onto Optimistic knocking that runner sideways.

Looking at it sideways on it doesn't look that bad but I did see three or four replays of the head on following the race and although close to the finish I didn't think that AD would keep the race. I wasn't surprised at the reversal of the placings.

Reasons For Decision:

The Committee has reviewed all the available films of the incident and carefully considered the evidence of all the parties. At the 350m point “Optimistic” was behind “Awesome Diva” and was then pulled to the outside to make its run. At approximately the 200m point “Optimistic” was 2 lengths behind “Awesome Diva” but starting to finish very strongly to the outside of that horse. At approximately 50m from the finish and having made up most of that ground to be alongside “Awesome Diva” that horse abruptly moved out and made contact with “Optimistic” forcing it out over at least 3 horse widths and causing it to lose the significant momentum it had and its rightful line of running.

The winning margin was a short head. The Committee believes had the interference to “Optimistic” not occurred Mrs Allpress would have not lost her momentum and been able to ride her horse out to the finish and win the race.

Bad decision,

the head on looked awful, but it was way to close to the line at that stage, no way was OPTIMISTIC going to win.

but that's life .....

Disagree. The interference started at least 50m from the finish and if you look at the rate Optimistic was overhauling RD it was the right decision. Heck - a stride past the post Optimistic was in front - and that was after the interference!

Fair enough Lloyd welcome your interpretation.....50m from finish???? and was Optimistic going to win????

Out of interest how did you interpret 1000 Guineas enquiry?

Roll Out The Carpet v's Waterford....Significant contact. Nose margin. Result unchanged.

I think in the other decision, there was deemed to be a degree of joint culpability in the interference. It was a very tough call to make and I was glad I wasn't making it!

I don't see the race here quite the same. Firstly, while it has no bearing on the interference directly, Awesome Diva was quite green in the running [ have another look at her in the running] and although Optimistic only got seriously going in the last furlong, when she knuckled down to it, she was rapidly overhauling AD and looked to be going to go right past when she [AD] started coming out very suddenly on her. She was taken several widths sideways, costing valuable momentum at the crucial moment. I thought it was totally the right decision. IMO.

Bad decision,

the head on looked awful, but it was way to close to the line at that stage, no way was OPTIMISTIC going to win.

but that's life .....

Absolute rubbish

It was a foregone conclusion

suggest you buy a pair of $2 glasses

You really need to see the head on to realise just how badly Awesome Diva ran out onto Optimistic knocking that runner sideways.

Looking at it sideways on it doesn't look that bad but I did see three or four replays of the head on following the race and although close to the finish I didn't think that AD would keep the race. I wasn't surprised at the reversal of the placings.

Good post Teddy  I agree  good decision