RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dopey

RUUD AWAKENING draws 18 of 18

I thought this filly's run yesterday was sensational. I wondered earlier why a maiden was such a short-priced favourite and nearly took her in the Losers Get Laid Comp. Boy - was I glad I didn't!! She annihilated a very smart field. I wonder how Ruud Awakening and Bounding would measure up to her? As a Slipper trial her run yesterday on the Slipper track looked outstanding.

Shades of Our Marscay all over again!! What rotten luck. Overreach should just win from the 1 gate. Can Ruud Awakening beat Our Marscay's placing from the carpark???

Perhaps I was a bit blase blase in saying 'should just win.' You're right in that some favourites have crashed and burned in this race -it's definitely not a given. However, that said, I've thought Overreach has been outstanding in the leadups and deserves to be favourite. I thought Ruud Awakening was a genuine chance up until the draw; now, all we can realistically hope for is a placing. Will still be massive if she even pull THAT off from 18.There have also been impressive favourites who killed them like Merlene and Bounding Away...

Overeach won't win.

Now you can add Overreach to Merlene and Bounding Away. Hard to beat the best horse in the field when she draws well. WAAAAAAAY too good as I originally thought. Hard luck Team Marsh. Good on you all for having a go. :)

The visitors alley was not helpful.  Not that I think anything was going to beat Overreach.  How good is Overreach?  Did anyone see Gai's interview after the race.  She was not surprised at all, apparently.

lmao @ baz (nz) :P

disappeared up his quoit for the last 4 races, must have thought it was a five race card....

appearance (aus) GROUP ONE

overreach (aus) GROUP ONE
pierro (aus) GROUP ONE

hot schnitzel (aus) GROUP THREE

good onya baz (scs)

looks like nash butchered the  winning ride on more joyous,not his usual win at all costs effort  and was clearly outridden.....time for gai to make him second string id say :o  ....silent achiever was fantastic,fiveand a halfstar couldn't of wished for a better run and james was forced to make his run on the more unsuitable inside strip....overreach was superb and after reading  what the jockeys said we will have some very interesting races once these horses step up to 1400/1600,fast and rocking was particularly good.....slow track?1.30 7 1500 and 1.10.72 1200s on the day,slipper 1.11, yet the 2000 were 2.06/7 affairs and a 2.33 bmw??

On the day - no excuses. The winner tooooo good and I have used 4 bottles of smelling salts!! Bombed out completely in the Slipper. If only Silent Achiever had got up in the last bound it would have been an even day - but alas!

Many people on social media came out after the barrier draw and said Overreach is an absolute certainty after drawing the 1. If it had drawn 16 of 16 do you think it would have opened up $2.10 with the TAB? I personally don't see the logic in people using barrier statistics to help with their selections, if that's enough for some people to invest money then that's fantastic! But not for me.

Followings trends like this is a certain way to lose money long term IMO.

Didn't work out too bad on this occasion though did it...............

You don't think it could happen? Yah ill get the teeth out eventually but the cold weather now makes me want to spend my money on winter clothes instead....shopping beats the dentist any day