RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby13

Tiger Woods

Being a long time golfer I thought i would throw this in.

It has always been my thought that given time and the right head space TW would get back to his best as arguably the greatest golfer of all time. While I was shocked to hear of his infidelity,leaving that aside,I still think he will equal or beat Jacks majors total. His relationship with his new found love has worked wonders for the head space. The great Ben Hogan once said that Golf is a game played on a 5 inch course. He was alluding to the mind,the space between the ears.

What say you fellow golfers

Regards Globe

Can he stay on the straight and narrow?...he has suffered a few injuries which may prove the difference not to mention the fact his early presence and then fall from grace has seen alot of players bridge the gap....if your correct globe we should see tiger win at augusta,phil has outplayed tiger alot in recent times when in the same group especially and phil owns this place,will be the best tournament this year and a few players including rory need to make statements here

Agree about his injurys,but this guy is so driven I think he can compensate for that. At his best I dont think the others are on the same planet Phil included. With the right head space It is starting to look ominous,and should bring us back to previous times when it was "catch me if you can". The others might be starting to think " Aw shit, he,s back", that raises their game and makes for some exciting golf to come in the majors. I could be wrong,but we are talking about one exceptional golf player here.

Golfs not quite the same without Tiger, but having said that, I don't think he will beat Jacks record now!

2 years ago I would have said yes, alot of young guns have now emerged and Tiger doesn't hold that fear factor he once did.

Looking forward to the Masters best golf tourny in the World.....on the bucket list :rolleyes:

Tiger has the x factor without a doubt,as a result when hes 'on' he is more consistent and will pull out those freakish shots that breaks open a tournament,phil has the game and has an infinity with augusta where his short game prowess makes him very hard to beat on a course where par saves are paramount.I would love to see phil and tiger both playing their best golf at augusta...phil wins...and im running multis now into phil and kuchar.get on!

...tiger pulled out the clutch miracle shot behind the 16th at jacks place where getting up and down was considered very tough...he holed the shot and jack almost fell out of his chair....we knew then tiger was getting back to his best form but he may need to step up yet again to foot it with players he has helped find another level....roll on the masters!...friday and monday morning will be left clear for this! :)

Von Cettes - get there, it's like nothing else.

Am not there this year but will get back again, and again, and again.....

Am still going for Rory to get his top two inches sorted out for the weekend rounds.

Back to no 1, brilliant effort. Forget the young guns,the fear for them is that he can only get better. That in itself sows the seed of doubt.

Your right Von, golf isnt the same without Tiger. Much like boxing since Ali,and Basketball since Jordon. They redefined their sports.

Cant wait for the Majors. Bring it on.

Yeah Tigers back for sure. Kind of agree with VC a bit though in that I doubt he will totally dominate as he did a few years back. Hopefully he will settle down with the new blonde and focus on golf....which he seems to be doing. He looks awfully hard to beat in the Masters.

I am a Snedeker fan. Lacking a bit match play but his putting alone is 2nd to none IMO which is a huge plus at Augusta. Couple of "ruffies" in Poulter and Adam Scott.

had to love the live betting on the golf this morning,got da points at 7 after he just birdied and was in a tidy position,lee westwood looked the real deal,very tidy tournament and just lacked the rub of the green....looks like the golfing gods have him penciled in for two weeks time..get on !!

Jurys out on tiger here,i cant believe phil is 5 to tigers 1.5 high u.s finish,he has outplayed him here in recent times and you have to go back numerous years when he last won(2005)?...regardless of how good he is playing at present augusta has its way of leveling the competition,you really need the golfing gods on side and we have seen this from numerous winners in recent years holing ridiculous shots and escaping from similar positions where a bounce the other way ends in a double.Augusta doesnt like adulterers,so woods will be lucky to make the cut...get on westwood!

If you watch closely you can see the flagstick move just as tigers ball was about to brush past...water..two shot swing....no matter how good you are the breaks in this game are defining...day was all over it,but today looked to be one of those days were everything (mostly)went right....will be over par tomorrow.alot of good players within 5 so its all on

.....there is a chance tiger will be disqualified for incorrect positioning of his ball after finding water on 15...he signed the card,and apparently said he put the ball 2 yards behind its actual  position after the fact...,you punted woods youll be nervous

If you watch closely you can see the flagstick move just as tigers ball was about to brush past...water..two shot swing....no matter how good you are the breaks in this game are defining...day was all over it,but today looked to be one of those days were everything (mostly)went right....will be over par tomorrow.alot of good players within 5 so its all on

Looks like God's intervention eh ......sorry tiger you are going to win another Masters

That 15th cost him big time now with the penalty

He admitted cheating so he should have been DQ'd.

The last time he admitted  cheating he ended up pranging a car into a tree and got beaten  with a three wood !....zzzpards cant change their spots.... :rolleyes:

This tournament looks very interesting,we have two players in snedeker and scott who both blew great chances to win the british open when in similar positions,and with day and cabrera have been in the mix here in recent years,the fact scott is playing with a fellow aussie must assist,matt kuchar is lurking 3 back with his permanent grin and we have seen 65s in the last round recently so if the leaders can hold their nerve it looks like -9 may win the thing so those around -3 are not forelorn particularly as a few will be playing far more aggressively than those tippy toeing around near the lead...do you try and win this tournament or hang tough and watch others fail around you?

At this stage my moneys on Steve Williams beating Golden Bears record. He has one more than Tiger now,15.

Whatever you may think of him,he is a very good caddy and has pioneered and blazed a trail for caddys in general.

Yes, you may say he caddied for some of the best,but they sought his services because of his reputation and ability.

Plenty of idiots on here will knock him,the typical tall poppy syndrome.

Stevey is superb,his experience around augusta defined scotts win,he looked a little forgotten by scott after the winning putt dropped and looks to have a more proffessional association compared to the much closer bond he had with tiger.The british open this year will be a cracker,the upcoming us open will produce another longshot winner.......boo weekly in harbourtown this week?playing a lot better lately and he has an affinity with this course

At this stage my moneys on Steve Williams beating Golden Bears record. He has one more than Tiger now,15.

Whatever you may think of him,he is a very good caddy and has pioneered and blazed a trail for caddys in general.

Yes, you may say he caddied for some of the best,but they sought his services because of his reputation and ability.

Plenty of idiots on here will knock him,the typical tall poppy syndrome.

He is a good caddie, no doubt about that. However Steve Williams likes to put himself in the frame and as such he invites us to throw a bit of borax his way. That's not Tall Poppy chopping. 

Tiger's not on the same planet at the moment, so more likely Venus.

Was sitting in my hotel room in Florida scanning the TV channels and I came across the TV show Shark Tank, and I immediately thought of you Zelda and your hubby Mr Karloff, and on my return to Aus what are they advertising the Aussie version Shark Tank there's just no escaping the sharks, geez pretty impressive in the 9s Harolds home baby, 1967 and no longer counting, the only person counting will be you and I bud.

But going back to Florida for a mo the marriage place of Martina, continued skipping through the Channels and came across Americas version of The Biggest Loser, and I'm watching and watching and thinking far out that face is familiar it looked like a double for Big Mammas House, it was none other than Wimbledon finalist Zina Garrison from a Wimbledon finalist to the BL :o