RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

More good 'press' for racing

So if the O'Briens are guilty of 30 million in pokie fraud for harness how much has Pinokienose been guilty of in dollar terms for our code?.....and how much is NZTR involved by virtue of turning a 'blind eye'....and why has the RIU not intervened and charged these guys with bringing racing into disrepute given that we've all known about this for a long long time. I see Opie got fined $350 for adding a bit of entertainment value to the theatre of racing on Ruud Awakening yesterday...but the lizard of Queenstown would presumably have been at Otago, buried up to his scrawny neck in free food and liquor while the impotent RIU selectively do nothing about him or the real offenders of this industry.   
Now you are making sense......maybe NZ racing has been turning a blind eye to the pokies funding fiasco since the "easy money for racing" first started. Not only that ,but the regulating bodies also have overlooked the intricate trust/lawyers/management etc manipulating how the industry has worked....obvious from the various reports of the ex-police turned whistle-blowers who have gained publicity over the shonky dealings they know about. Obviously the whole system has been too loose for too long and as time marches on it has become too difficult to lay charges etc that will stick. Obviously you have a couple of folk who you want dealt to but the money is well gone ,hundreds of trustees have come and gone through the various Pokies Trusts.....it largely involves two huge NZ 'icons'.....Rugby and Racing.....the investigations have gone on for years. Even the dullest of Kiwis must look at these newspaper articles by Kilgillon [sST] and McNeilly[ODT] and see the references back 5 yrs and before and think ,"Why is it taking so long ??". And all they seem to have is the odd EMail or Bank Statement ,and when a case does go to court it is thrown out on a technicality !!!! It's the same old ,same old !!!! Kinda boring.

Tasman Man...

I know you are now retired but this "drop out" mentality of yours is very worrying.

How can this be "boring" when, by your own admission, justice is yet to be done?

If you think this is bad, wait until the real stories relating to the management of the racing industry start to be told.

Cheers.

Ashoka

Tasman Man...   I know you are now retired but this "drop out" mentality of yours is very worrying.   How can this be "boring" when, by your own admission, justice is yet to be done?   If you think this is bad, wait until the real stories relating to the management of the racing industry start to be told.   Cheers. Ashoka
In this long -running saga ,and a recent report stated it will be some time before it is completed , what do YOU see as JUSTICE ?? Please tell us........I have little interest in how this washes up , my posts are mere musings on what many must be wondering. Few post on this subject except to support the various negative posts about a couple of individuals who have been singled out as having their snouts in the trough . So Ash , what is your idea of Justice that should come out of this investigation ???

Guest Geoff-Wanted

Tasmanian Man, you're a man after me own heart. I think all crinamals should be aloud to do what they want as long as they don't get caught.

I've got a freind in Tassy, he might be related to you.

He said to me the other day that he fully supported his sister when she had the abortion, but he really have like to be a dad

Tasman Man...

Those who have transgressed must be held accountable for their actions.

Where possible, redress must be made available to those parties that have suffered through the criminal action of others.

This is what is supposed to happen in a modern democracy.

Tasman Man, I have to ask you...have you had a life-changing event recently?

You posts used to suggest a person who was a "mover and shaker". 

Of late, your posts suggest a person who has lain down to die before his time.

I still refuse to believe that, deep down, you are a person indifferent to the concept of justice.

All the best.

Ashoka

Tasmanian Man, you're a man after me own heart. I think all crinamals should be aloud to do what they want as long as they don't get caught. I've got a freind in Tassy, he might be related to you. He said to me the other day that he fully supported his sister when she had the abortion, but he really have like to be a dad
Well Geof peoples who mess with their sister really are crinimals. I prefer a sheep in a jeep. Tasmania has some great cricketers{Boon,Ponting] , beer drinkers[boon] and potatoes. Also I think Peter Jackson's movie "The Hobbart" was filmed here in the capital. These pokie crinimals must be hard to catch cos they have sent 50 high-powered staff to catch em.....has your friend in Tassy heard of the Keystone Cops ,who sent in 50 men to stop a boy scout with a pop-gun !!!

For those of us not fully in the know, so to speak, could someone explain to us how the scam all works.

It sounds like money from pokies in one part of the country is going to rugby and racing clubs elsewhere.

How do they get away with this?

And it sounds like some of the money from these rugby and racing clubs then finds its way back to the trusts.

Where does it end up and how do they get away with this?

No one has been able to answer my serious question above despite several people claiming to know all about how this all works.

I was just interested in how this money go round all works. Where does most of the money end up and how have people who often aren't all that clever been able to get away with such obvious dubious activities for so long?

Tackled...

The answer to your question "...how have people who often aren't all that clever been able to get away with such obvious dubious activities for so long?"...is that the authorities turned a blind eye towards what was going on.

The answer is straighforward...plain and simple.

i make this statement based on person experience and knowledge.

Cheers.

Ashoka