RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
NeilD

Free acces to box speed and dog ratings

With the $5,000 Bonus  quaddies you can have free access to the early box speed ratings and speed ratings for all greyhound meetings till this Thursday night at www.formproratings.co.nz

Login with username: formpro and Password: punter

Good punting

The Box Speed Rating is based on the average of where the dog was at the first bend in its last ten starts. It has proved to be a very useful factor when sorting out where the early speed will come from. You can quickly order them by clicking on the arrow at the top of the 'Box Speed' column. For example, seven of the 12 winners had the best,( shown in red) box speed factor yesterday. Just wish it was as easy as that all the time! Any questions or constructive ideas, please email me at formpro@formpro.co.nz or post here, as others may be thinking the same thing.

A good example of a hot favourite being a hot false favourite was in the 8th at Southland today. Wandy Paul went out paying $1.50, but a simple click on the arrow in the 'Best' column told you it only had the sixth fastest speed rating of any dog based on its last six starts. It finished out of a place and the  'Best ' rated dog, Cawbourne Heidi, led all the way paying $14.40. The second and third dogs were 3rd and 4th rated providing the $759 trifecta.

A good example of a hot favourite being a hot false favourite was in the 8th at Southland today. Wandy Paul went out paying $1.50, but a simple click on the arrow in the 'Best' column told you it only had the sixth fastest speed rating of any dog based on its last six starts. It finished out of a place and the  'Best ' rated dog, Cawbourne Heidi, led all the way paying $14.40. The second and third dogs were 3rd and 4th rated providing the $759 trifecta.

Loving the work. Never had third runner but took other two on your sites ratings. Great stuff Neil!

??? Wandy Paul's race wasnt a leg of the Quaddie so how did you have the field?? He was Race 8 quaddie didnt start until race 9??

Settle down buddy. He never said he had the field in the quaddie. Wasn't the only betting option on the day ya know mate. Also a place 6 and pick 6, he just stated that it paid a good price.

I really like the box speed ratings on Neil's site. Fantastic resource for doing form. I reckon if sectional splits were provided you could collaborate some interesting stats for punters to take into account when doing form. It is unbelievable that in 2013 the only way to get them is to listen to the judge ( at Addington ) or to try and listen to the commentators wrap on radio trackside and write them down.

I really like the box speed ratings on Neil's site. Fantastic resource for doing form. I reckon if sectional splits were provided you could collaborate some interesting stats for punters to take into account when doing form. It is unbelievable that in 2013 the only way to get them is to listen to the judge ( at Addington ) or to try and listen to the commentators wrap on radio trackside and write them down.

Excellent point Reilly. Why announce the info and not have a central place to display all of them? I'm very selective with the dog races I bet on using the ratings, but would turnover at least double the amount if there were replays readily available for every race. I suppose it takes time and money but if I were a betting man, I'd say the expense would be easily covered from increased turnover. I just can't fathom why you wouldn't make replays a priority.

Ideally what I thought those in charge would try to provide is where punters can click on a dogs name and be able to click on any of its starts and bring up race replays, stipes report included, along with sectional splits and an overall time obviously. I also have a problem with the lack of trial information provided, as far as I know I don't know where you can check full trial results.