RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Opo

MONEY NOT MANA

MONEY NOT MANA

By Dr Muriel Newman

........New Zealanders have never approved of the inclusion of co-governance deals in Treaty settlements. Iwi claimants are not official bodies - they are private business corporations driven by strong profit motives. Attempts to claim they are Treaty ‘partners’ – which is a convenient political construct promoted by Treaty activists - and therefore entitled to special privileges, should be seen as the fiction that it is. It is not acceptable that unelected, unaccountable private corporations driven by self interest are allocated special quasi-official roles that are not available to other New Zealanders.

Iwi have become experts at soft-soaping the public with talk of the ‘guardianship’ of assets. Let’s not be fooled by their rhetoric. Their agenda is to get their hands on as many public assets as they can, for private commercial advantage. This is evident in their claims for electromagnetic spectrum and of course, fresh water. If the Supreme Court supports the Maori councils’ claim for freshwater, and the government acquiesces to such a ridiculous notion, we will end up having to pay private tribal corporations every time we turn on the tap.

The reality is that the modern-day Treaty settlements are about money, not mana, and the drive for co-governance is about power not partnership......

Read full article here > http://www.nzcpr.com/weekly362.htm

Alan Bro

This C&P is very very DEMOCARTIC (my new word you are aware of)

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

PS I see Globe has given up commenting and became very bored with your C&P rubbish

:D :D plenty more of the good oil to come, my peoples have to claw back all the hurt and suffering for the last 40yrs :D :D

:D :D plenty more of the good oil to come, my peoples have to claw back all the hurt and suffering for the last 40yrs :D :D

Choice one Bro,

Your hurt and suffering Bro will be when you have to cough up the dosh coz me and my Bros are in for heaps man - truckloads Bro. Keep paying your taxes Bro as we want truckloads of dosh Bro. Choice eh Bro.

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

Alan Bro

This C&P is very very DEMOCARTIC (my new word you are aware of)

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

PS I see Globe has given up commenting and became very bored with your C&P rubbish

Not at all Tom, Murial Newman is right on the mark. Your rather purile remarks no matter the context in which they are presented, are I would hazard a guest showing you in a rather poor light to others on this site.

Not at all Tom, Murial Newman is right on the mark. Your rather purile remarks no matter the context in which they are presented, are I would hazard a guest showing you in a rather poor light to others on this site.

Globe, I couldn't give a stuff what others think.

I deliver another opinion, not driven by hatred and a racist attitude as invariably the incessant stupid C&Ps Alan posts.

As I said at the outset, I don't give a monkeys what you or others think about my posts which are rejecting the overt racism shown on this forum, which should be renamed "Ther Anti Maori forum" given the crap that appears on it.

I sometimes wonder why zzz lets the forum exist. The forum is bullshit, only 3 and half people post. The forum is not well read and is largely ignored, as it should be

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

I deliver another opinion, not driven by hatred and a racist attitude as invariably the incessant stupid C&Ps Alan posts.

As I said at the outset, I don't give a monkeys what you or others think about my posts which are rejecting the overt racism shown on this forum, which should be renamed "Ther Anti Maori forum" given the crap that appears on it.

I sometimes wonder why zzz lets the forum exist. The forum is bullshit, only 3 and half people post. The forum is not well read and is largely ignored, as it should be

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

Poor Tom,you really are deluded. Frankly I have my opinion born of experience living in this wonderful land of ours for 60 years.

Do you remember the joke earlier about the young Maori boy talking to his Father. What a wonderful analogy. The "overt racism" you allude to seems to be comming from all quarters, does that not sound warning bells for you Tom. Is no one else allowed an opinion ?.

Your attitude of compensation , endless and regardless of its divisiveness to our proud land is reprehensible. If you are a New Zealander then act like one,if not then hop in your dugout and sail back from hence you came.

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

I would gather that I am the "half" person referred too here.

For what it is worth, while I don't agree with much of her rhetoric, I think the statement in bold print made by Ms Newman is right on the mark. You will find that all inter racial and inter religion struggles revolve around those who have the power and those who seek the power. Money and assets equals power. Why should it be any different in this case? It's not. 

I would gather that I am the "half" person referred too here.

For what it is worth, while I don't agree with much of her rhetoric, I think the statement in bold print made by Ms Newman is right on the mark. You will find that all inter racial and inter religion struggles revolve around those who have the power and those who seek the power. Money and assets equals power. Why should it be any different in this case? It's not. 

No you are not the half at all Uriah - Your comments are absolutely bang on - they resonate with the reality of the situation - the outcome is (now) unavoidable and just has to be dealt with - that is the stark reality, and our feelings on the issues matter nought, whether we like it or not. It really is that simple 

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

i love opo's post  i read them all the time there very informative