RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Opo

Treaty cases earn top dollar for 'top team'

"A Crown Treaty negotiator has pocketed $1.5 million, another more than $1m and several others large six-figure sums as the Government ramps up the settlement process.

NZ First leader Winston Peters has slammed the "colossal" payments as unjustified and accused Treaty Negotiations Minister Chris Finlayson of giving huge contracts to his "favoured mates".

"Settling justifiable Maori grievances is one thing, but National has turned the settlement process into something ugly - a gravy train to financially benefit their chosen ones," Peters said.

Finlayson released details of the payments in response to parliamentary questions from Peters about who the Government had appointed to assist with Treaty negotiations since taking office in 2008 and how much they had been paid. The answers reveal that $5.5m has been paid to 14 individuals in that time, several of them former Cabinet ministers and MPs.

The highest earner was Michael Dreaver, director of Auckland consultancy firm The Policy Shop, who earned $1.5m for working on more than 20 settlements in the Auckland and Hauraki regions. His partner is TVNZ presenter Miriama Kamo, who is also a director of the company....."

Full story here > http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/8314679/Treaty-cases-earn-top-dollar-for-top-team

Now Alan, stop being childish please - you are more clever than that as you can "C*P" from one website to another -BUT - suggest yoy read the odd one then you will answer your question - even Globe agrees we have been hurting and suffering for 165 years and are due settlements - You see Globe reads your C*Ps - Suggest you do too...........

Kia Kaha Bro, wonderful indian summer in Aotearoa just a my forefathers have written about for 450 years plus when we first arrived here from the mid Pacific, our lovely land .......Aotearoa, not for sale to anyone

Turny

Oh you mean like this > http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/5712149/Ngai-Tahu-sells-Canterbury-forestry-land

And this >  http://www.northernadvocate.co.nz/news/from-forest-to-top-flight-golf-course/1587347/

Your'e a class act alright turny, if all your bros were as clever as you we would not have anything to worry about :-)

Alan, a "C&P" with no balance -here is the balance

These hard working folk are dealing with very complex issues amassed over 165 years of hurt and suffering.

The costs are relevant

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

I tend to agree with Opo on this one. This "hurt and suffering" malarkey is emotive and generalised.

Maori have a history of adapting very quickly (unlike Aus Aboriginies) and not all suffered between 1840 and 2005. Some did very well in business, sport, politics, etc. They lived happy contented lives and in many cases passed on much wealth to their descendants. Others lived out their lives as farmers, shearers factory workers, office workers, etc like any Joe Average NZ'r with no thought of "hurt and suffering".

I'd acknowledge their were some Iwi who were ripped off in the 1800's, that their members have long felt hurt by this and are due some form of compensation. However to try and make out the entire race have hurt and suffered over 165 years is just exaggeration. 

And what's with the "165 years". I take it that is 1840 to 2005. Has the "hurt and suffering" now finished?

You may not be familiar with the contents of IWI Treaty Claims

All stipulate 165 years.

Guess we agree to disagree on the broader content of your post - but great to have differring opinions so that democartic balance is found

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

All stipulate 165 years.

Guess we agree to disagree on the broader content of your post - but great to have differring opinions so that democartic balance is found

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives. Democracy allows eligible citizens to participate equally—either directly or through elected representatives—in the proposal, development, and creation of laws. It encompasses social, economic and cultural conditions that enable the free and equal practice of political self-determination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

Alan, i said democartic NOT democratic - there is a difference Bro

Kia Kaha Bro -enjoy Aotearoa on such a wonderful day, pleased we gifted you tenancy Bro

TurnyV

not my fault if you can't spell :D

Alan Bro, I can spell

I have made this word up for responding to your boring "C&P"posts.

DEMOCARTIC - means; non democratic and totally unjust and unfair to Aotearoa's indigenous race which brings about 165 years of hurt and suffering.

Trust you like Bro

Kia Haka Bro

Turny

All stipulate 165 years.

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny

Now I've googled this "165 year of hurt and suffering" and it brings up nothing.

Are you sure you haven't just made it up Turny, just to wind up the "rednecks".

What I did find was the Ngai Tahu Settlement document. There is some serious apologising toward Ngai Tahu going on (and on and on) in this document. I was amazed. Poor old Opo would choke on his weetbix if he ever began reading this. But i guess if you are going to flick a group of people $60 mill or whatever they got then you have to admit to some sort of wrongdoing. I thought it a bit excessive though. Looked like it had been drafted by Hone Harawira. 

Thanks Uriah (wasn't he a Charles Dickens money counter)

All a bit of a wind up to secure balance of some sort from the suburban "rednecks".

In all seriousness the "165 years" is the general tenor of the claims - given that most were formalised 10/15 years ago. It hasn't been made up.

I agree - some of the settlement docs are "over the top' - read Tainui's if you get a chance -very excessive

Anyway as long as we don't take it all too serious and enjoy Aotearoa we will all be better people

Kia Kaha Bro

Turny