RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

Warriors

On ‎6‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, meomy said:

Two points this weekend :)

Absolutely

One pointing Cappy towards the Airport, and the other pointing him towards Centrelink

On ‎6‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 5:51 PM, meomy said:

Happy 71st (?) birthday to/ The Mad Butcher

Abdullah?

i think it's grossly unfair to slate the blame on mcfadden despite him not being the best choice as coach

he's just another coach who will most likely be unemployed soon , the dilemma is caused by the players

the players mixing energy drinks with tranquilisers :blink: are you serious?

what idoit would do that ???????

bringing back isaac luke was a blue and tuivasa shock is as over rated as the swiss nancy boy, another ballet dancer....

how many missed tackles did mcfadden make , how many times did he drop the ball?

ps Torch, thanks for sending The Chad back home:wub:

Apart from 3 or 4 the rest can be cut loose and start again. The club is never going to thrive otherwise. They need a feeder club from Qld like Melbourne have to inject some tough Queensland grit into the culture. I am angry and I don't blame the coach I blame the hearts and minds of the players.

IT's happened all to often at the Warriors. McFadden will become just another pawn to spin of the merry go round, with the warriors having the bye, it gives them time to contact a few likely candidates, I have heard Stephen Kearney is a strong possibility.

i'm not sure if Jim Doyle selected Kearney as the kiwi coach? but if he did you would think he would come into strong contention

It's not Mcfaddens  fault but he is likely to be the fall guy, I will be surprised if he see's the season out.

I really think the Warriors need a couple of real enforcers in the forward pack.

Never sighted Johnathan Wright yesterday, I had to check the line-up to see if he was playing, Mannering his time is up I could go on and on, easier to say who I would keep, Lolohea, Fusitua Johnson, Thompson and Lisone, I could easily let the rest go.

The warriors certainly are an ATM machine, to think The Panthers and The Raiders were both outsiders against that Rabble.

Warriors=Mentally Weak............have been for a long long long time..................Bronco's next up for the Warriors

He will see the writing is on the wall. I am sure Kearney would turn the club around, he did a fine job at Paramatta. Seriously though no coach can help them UNLESS he is given 3 years to have a proper clearout and start again. Probably only one or two coaches who have the personality and ability to accomplish that but they would not be given the liberty to go through the place and sort it all out. Until then it will be the same old perpetual disappointment machine we are used to.

This tailend of a "good" article in Stuff (Hamish Bidwell) says it all IMO....

"Johnson's involvement on attack has been minimal since he came back from last year's ankle injury, sometimes only appearing on the last tackle to put in an ineffectual kick.

That creates no pressure, as Canberra would attest.

This isn't all about Johnson, it's just that his influence on how the team performs is so great.

He's also, you imagine, one of the Warriors' highest earners. Others in that bracket would presumably be Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Manu Vatuvei, Simon Mannering, Ryan Hoffman, Ben Matulino and Issac Luke.

Tuivasa-Sheck is injured, while Vatuvei has been absent in recent times. Vatuvei has done good things for the Warriors and been a popular player, but he's not the club's future.

Mannering and Hoffman try hard and are generally very reliable on attack and defence. Hoffman, especially, is a hole-runner, but the Warriors lack a ball player so his effectiveness has been limited.

Matulino is a proven, world-class performer, as is Luke. Neither are playing at that level but, like Johnson, being dropped won't change that.

You help and coach players of that ability to get the best out of themselves or you move them on.

That's the position the Warriors are in now. One in which they need to take a hard look at their roster and wage structure and work out who they can afford to be without.

That includes the role players such as Ayshford and Jonathan Wright. They're easy for fans to pick on, but the pair are more likely to be value for money at the moment than others in the squad.

No, the Warriors  - be they players, coaches or management - simply have to do their jobs better. If the consensus is they can't do them any better, then they have to go.

The time for blind faith is over."

Weave your magic Graham (Henry)............. give Beaver a call even!! Only highlight for me was beating Globe to get on here before his usual machete attack although it would be hard to defend the team currently. 

Johnson is clearly having mental problems in regard to the injury he suffered late last year. This will be compounded by him looking around and seeing a team that is not pulling together. I just wonder if his thoughts are along the lines of "Why should I give 100% when I'm stuck with this lot?"

A useful comparison would be Aaron Cruden in the Chiefs. Different sport, but similar high profile, play-maker role and vital to his team. Cruden suffered an equally debilitating injury last season, but has come back as good as ever. I think Cruden has been helped by the environment he has returned too.

7 hours ago, ziggy09 said:

This tailend of a "good" article in Stuff (Hamish Bidwell) says it all IMO....

"Johnson's involvement on attack has been minimal since he came back from last year's ankle injury, sometimes only appearing on the last tackle to put in an ineffectual kick.

That creates no pressure, as Canberra would attest.

This isn't all about Johnson, it's just that his influence on how the team performs is so great.

He's also, you imagine, one of the Warriors' highest earners. Others in that bracket would presumably be Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Manu Vatuvei, Simon Mannering, Ryan Hoffman, Ben Matulino and Issac Luke.

Tuivasa-Sheck is injured, while Vatuvei has been absent in recent times. Vatuvei has done good things for the Warriors and been a popular player, but he's not the club's future.

Mannering and Hoffman try hard and are generally very reliable on attack and defence. Hoffman, especially, is a hole-runner, but the Warriors lack a ball player so his effectiveness has been limited.

Matulino is a proven, world-class performer, as is Luke. Neither are playing at that level but, like Johnson, being dropped won't change that.

You help and coach players of that ability to get the best out of themselves or you move them on.

That's the position the Warriors are in now. One in which they need to take a hard look at their roster and wage structure and work out who they can afford to be without.

That includes the role players such as Ayshford and Jonathan Wright. They're easy for fans to pick on, but the pair are more likely to be value for money at the moment than others in the squad.

No, the Warriors  - be they players, coaches or management - simply have to do their jobs better. If the consensus is they can't do them any better, then they have to go.

The time for blind faith is over."

Weave your magic Graham (Henry)............. give Beaver a call even!! Only highlight for me was beating Globe to get on here before his usual machete attack although it would be hard to defend the team currently.

I rest my case, Ziggy.

Warriors have needed a cull of players and a few in management years ago.

Not sure how much faith to have in Graham Henry turning the players around, maybe he might get them into having a few red wines though. It doesn't matter who we have giving them a talking to some of them just don't get it and think they are above all the rest with inflated egos and been overpaid.

14 hours ago, meomy said:

Warriors have needed a cull of players and a few in management years ago.

Not sure how much faith to have in Graham Henry turning the players around, maybe he might get them into having a few red wines though. It doesn't matter who we have giving them a talking to some of them just don't get it and think they are above all the rest with inflated egos and been overpaid.

It's not just a case of a player cull meomy. I hate this word but the "culture" still remains unfortunately. I think they have sussed the management side of things....and that includes Cappy. You have to say we have hit absolute rock bottom  so there is only 1 way to go now....surely. We can be thankful we were not spanked by 60 or 70 points like the poor ol Knights. Maybe that's what we needed last Saturday. Watching Johnson & co with the on field interviews reminded me of those Possum Toyota Ad's.....sad to watch (shite I have mellowed over the years....) 

Poor old warrior fans like yours truely now have to wait until R13 and the Broncs coming to town. Will be interesting to see the make up of the team. Our reserve grade has been going great guns this season which , in theory, show's you there must be some real desire there by many to jump into 1st grade. I'll be surprised if there is any more than than 3 or 4 changes though....maybe bring Manu and his silly side kick back for a last "hurrah". Both have plenty to play for (different reasons)......surely! If the desire is not there let em go IMO. Sad for Manu though as he has given alot to the club. Just "mixed" (sic) with the wrong crowd this year. One of those Brit clubs will snap him up real quick but I think his "battering ram" days are limited. Been taking it's toll on him this season with injuries. Thinking about that all the "free time" on the side lines probably has played a part in some of the dumb choices he has made.

Keep the faith  heads up Warrior fans......go the Blues!

Ziggy09, We are happy to keep Cappy, as we said it's a player and team issue and some in managerial roles, not Cappy himself.

Glad they have released a certain player and we can only hope from now on forwards things will be on the road up and not downwards as they have been..

13 hours ago, meomy said:

Ziggy09, We are happy to keep Cappy, as we said it's a player and team issue and some in managerial roles, not Cappy himself.

Glad they have released a certain player and we can only hope from now on forwards things will be on the road up and not downwards as they have been..

There may be a few more too meomy. By the sounds of it Hoffman has had a gutsful of the "bro culture"  or whatever you want to call it. I hope he doesn't "walk" at the end of the season. If he does god help the club..... IMO this guy is what the club needs & that's why we paid the big bucks for him. Pricey seemed to reign in some of the rabble during his years at the helm. Hopefully Hoffman will too.......won't be easy though as these guys seemingly "stay tight" if 1 or 2 are not performing. 

Lets hope they show some balls against the Broncs this weekend. There is plenty of incentive there for everyone....whether you are staying or "going". The Knights have dragged themselves up off the canvas (so why can't we...) since their hiding a couple of weeks ago. Very unlucky last night not to beat the Eels.

As expected the Warriors won last night...as said above the headlines were as expected, turning the corner etc.

We live in hope they have and will, winning and playing as a team however has to be consistent to have the long term desired outcomes of achieving a Grand Final.

good luck guys and great to see the crowds attended regardless of there form, lack of!!

On 5/30/2016 at 7:48 AM, Newmarket said:

Given they will be playing B sides whilst SOO is on this is historically a time when they win a few matches. Then the bullshit comes out once again about how good they are

Right on Cue= the Warriors win. A few games on the road now now which will be nteresting

One win on the road...next up...

Great to see our team finally made up for all the missing points on the scoreboard, still a bit more to go to hit the leaderboard in the way they should be n need to be...

12 hours ago, meomy said:

One win on the road...next up...

Great to see our team finally made up for all the missing points on the scoreboard, still a bit more to go to hit the leaderboard in the way they should be n need to be...

Mate we were always going to win last week. Our points diff is still pretty sad and may come back to bite us on the bum. But just to get in that finals scenario will be an achievement in itself.  Attitude changes by most are really evident which is being reflected on the scoreboard. I'll be rapt if we can put those Roosters away....be a very tough game. Waerea-Hagreaves is getting back to full match fitness and will lift their pack big time. Get through this then the "big one"....Sharkies away. Dare to dream eh?.....now wouldn't that be a "scalp".

You OK Globe? pretty quiet on the NRL front:P Your not the only one though as I'm sure there is several "experts" waiting for a bad one from the lads. Sad watching your boys throw away a 20 point halftime lead. Someone would have made a few bucks there you think?(half-fulltime double etc). Well done last Saturday(Winter Comp) BTW......you must have opened a 3rd(4th?) bottle on Friday night studying for it surely!

Ahh who remembers back to when we played the Roosters in the Grand final?

ok, it's different players now but, come on Warriors aspire to what your teammates of old times achieved.