RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

Warriors

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:44 PM, meomy said:

Onwards n upwards...

Let's hope so mate. Really it's "last chance saloon" Saturday night. Pretty imposing having to travel up there but the Cowboys have been suspect for a while now.

Issac out for us is offset by Granville for them.......Lolohea being dropped total....hmmmm. 2 bad defensive reads cost him his place....that took a very good halfback to exploit that....

There will be just as much pressure on the Cowboys to get a win, maybe even more so considering they are at home....and have lost 3 on the trot. Be a battle of the halves

that will seal this one as well as the coaches for sussing out correct tactics.

A loss by the boy's will probably end our chances of a top 8. If they do they can still focus on those last 2 home games to finish the season on a positive note. I don't like looking ahead at other possible results but at a glance the Titans are simply the ones who, if they drop 2 games (Panthers and Cowboys), could let us sneak in.

Worry bout this week 1st eh?....... Warriors by 4!!

Warriors have home advantage this week n the fabulous weather to go with it.... Love those wild winter weather sports games, real sportspeople thrive in the outdoor elements n perform there best...when they play in the wild winter weather it brings back the warm fuzzies of children frolicking around in the rain n mud n not batting an eyelid about it. Such a shame when become older they don't relish it the same...

Good hard the Warriors!!

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

A comedy of errors from the famous Warriors to end their season's playoff chances. Saved their best for last, woeful. I'm not sure who is worse, the players for accepting wages or the management for paying them.

let it all out brother....:D I did a few weeks back to be honest....works a treat.

1 hour ago, ziggy09 said:

let it all out brother....:D I did a few weeks back to be honest....works a treat.

I did all the letting out im likely to do for ages yesterday. I was roaring with laughter at the incompetency of your mob.  The only sadness was that i have only one more chance to make money off the Warriors until next season. Got 8/1 Warriors half time Wests full time from Ozzie bookies- v nice

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

I did all the letting out im likely to do for ages yesterday. I was roaring with laughter at the incompetency of your mob.  The only sadness was that i have only one more chance to make money off the Warriors until next season. Got 8/1 Warriors half time Wests full time from Ozzie bookies- v nice

You should be happy then with all this money you are making! That "incompetency" sealed your double so give them credit for that.

and remember......gamble responsiblyB)

1 hour ago, Uriah Heap said:

Each season is like Groundhog Day. Generally ratshit in the first part, with the odd win as a teaser. Then pick up wins and points during State of Origin, to get fans hopes up. Then fall apart at the business end.

Getting that way mate.....like 5 years in a row I think it is. Be interesting to see what they do with Cappy.....from memory he said to Doyle or maybe the other way around that if we don't make the 8 this year he's gawn. Ivan's free isn't he??

49 minutes ago, ziggy09 said:

You should be happy then with all this money you are making! That "incompetency" sealed your double so give them credit for that.

and remember......gamble responsiblyB)

If you back them to lose that is gambling responsibly and has been since 1995:D

On 29/08/2016 at 0:38 PM, ziggy09 said:

Getting that way mate.....like 5 years in a row I think it is. Be interesting to see what they do with Cappy.....from memory he said to Doyle or maybe the other way around that if we don't make the 8 this year he's gawn. Ivan's free isn't he??

You'll like this story Ziggy.I came over to Wainuiomata on Saturday with a junior rugby union team. End of season, lots of injury and we only had 14. A little Polynesian fellow called Jack from Wainui said he'd played his game earlier (two grades lower) and would make up the numbers for us. The boy was a revelation, tackling kids much bigger than himself, running with heart and generally getting stuck in. In the end he had to come off after his 2nd head knock. We gave him player of the day.

A top kid, with plenty of character and a great advertisment for Wainui. 

How shameful that these Warriors accept their pay and adulation of the fans. After half time, they were walking and just went missing on defence. They showed zero passion or desire or even desparation, just reluctant acceptance. That is both players and coaches fault. The weakest effort by a professional team playing for their survival that i have ever seen and they should feel ashamed. i guess if none of them try, they can all look each other in the eye on Monday.

And all we hear is the usual whinging about being denied a try by the Bunker. They lost by 2 tries and how about the one Johnson got when Manu clearly had his foot in touch retrieving the ball at the start of the movement--missed by the touchy but no admission of their lucky break to get it awarded. These serial pretenders reaped what they sowed.

Gee there is some anger here.....can't work out if some of you are fans or maybe just cynics. I'd say it's the latter....

Bottom line is  poor Warriors defense caused us to miss the finals yet again. Some can be attributed to players out of position

regularly but with a season average over 24 points per match(against) you can't expect to be anywhere near finals contention

letting in so many points. I'd say a few contracts hinge on the result of this weeks game against the Eels.

One last thing....if there is any Tigers fans out there.....good luck this week.  Your boys still had to play well last weekend to

get up and win :D

No point blaming yet again another coach as it's not the coach that's out on the field playing.

In all honesty The Warriors this year have not been thumped like in some seasons, have they?

We to the best of our knowledge hold the record for the most Golden points in our games so to the detractors give our team  credit where it's due.

We may not have made the Top 8 but we sure did well for the only NZ NRL team in the comp to beat how many Australian teams????

It's better than some teams can say for themselves, isn't it??

On 8/29/2016 at 11:06 AM, Newmarket said:

Only 7/1 for their last game and it duly obliged thanks to another stunning defensive effort by the Auckland team. Now for the real deal as we concentrate on who wins the comp.

Everyone is singing from the trees during Origin period but once again they crash and burn. When are people going to realise these Auckland Warriors are the biggest pack of goats you'll see. If anyone blames the coach then you're a mug. These guys get paid to play the game, so we should expect they know how to catch and pass and make smart decisions around offloads and penalties etc. All the Warriors are is just a bunch of big bodies who were bigger than everyone at school and thinking the NRL will just be like the lunchtime bullrush and run through everyone. Welcome to the real world ladies, where brains beat brawn.

On 29/08/2016 at 0:38 PM, ziggy09 said:

Gone sideways.

Changing coaches hasn't made a major difference, it's still the same players not performing as a team should be.

Look at the make up of the team and turf some of them out the door as they should've been a long time ago.

Get rid of the island time mentality