RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

Warriors

Warrior training sessions must be interesting at the mo. I have raved on several times over "accountability" but Wiki never gets a mention at all. Loved the guy as a player who didn't it.....but the buck stops....where?? Maybe he doesn't have as much input as you would think?

My analytical brain tells me that we should be pushing up hard "every" tackle through the count. We are getting exposed by everyone it seems. Back peddling early in the tackle count often leads to poor reads out wider. Nothing will change until we do change our current type of "D"......IMO. Agressive defence ain't pretty but it wins matches and certainly changes the mindset (confidence levels) with ball in hand. You run the risk of a smart off load or a chip through but more often than not you will more likely force errors.That's my take for what its worth.....

Go the Warriors(Doggies)

"Morale at an all time low" and "Sports psycho" sums it up. I saw the Warriors in that dressing shed at halftime and knew they were gone. Heads down,shoulders slumped and not one player saying a word. Matty Elliott was talking to himself. No energy,no enthusiasm,no NUTHIN.

They probably don't need to find a Coach/Manager/Psycho...whatever it is,but they do need to find THEMSELVES. Find out who they are,look at their history and the club culture and dig deep to find some inspiration. What makes the Warriors tick?

At the moment,they are a bunch of rabble,who turn up for the paycheck.

...paycheck!...performance clause!...everytime i see the warriors on midweek tv they are pushing weights and wrestling,alot of where theyre going wrong is mental,surely more time is needed smartening these guys up...possible?

...paycheck!...performance clause!...everytime i see the warriors on midweek tv they are pushing weights and wrestling,alot of where theyre going wrong is mental,surely more time is needed smartening these guys up...possible?

Possible....yeah gruff. Gotta believe that if you are a hard core fan. Feel sorry for the coach but hey that's why they get the big $$$.

Catch 22 really.....can't drop any under performing players with 10-12 off injured

I think you'll see a diferent Warriors side turn out on Monday, it's believed they had a massive session, where they got up in front of their team mates, and explained their role in the side, video footage was apparently shown, and they were explaining to their team mates WHY  they were playing like that

i see the Auckland Herald is running a poll, When will the Warriors win their next game.

I think you will see a new attitude on Monday, and a committed 80 minutes, and with a little luck maybe a win.

haha you tell funniest jokes ever von cettes, zelda spies in new zaeland know that during the training this week the coach mr elliot asked the warrior players to assume there positions and they all went and stood behind the try line waitings for the convertion kick.

until manu vatevui comes back the warriors are eating toast.

Well done Warriors....looked like nil again in First Half ,then the tide turned. The players looked more enthusiastic .and Tasman Lad , Captain Mannering real strong. Brent Tate certainly had his moments in second half !!!! $onnyBill would be useful.

If the Warriors can keep up the "heart" they showed through the majority of that match, they should make the 8. The doomsdayers and haters will say they are no chance as they've been telling us all week prior to the Cowboys win. But, if they can win most of their home games and steal a few away games, they will get the 13 wins needed to make the 8.

Once they get players back from injury - Vatuvei, Packer, Louisi brothers, etc, it should create more competition for spots in the 17 then we've seen in the first 4 rounds. That should ensure certain players lift their game.

Would like to see Siejka get a go at 6/7 at some stage. He has a brilliant pass that could be utilised in getting the backs the ball earlier to create more havoc - especially Hurrell (when he holds onto the ball that is!)

Elijah Taylor will hopefully never wear the 9 again after his pitiful performances. Friend, while he did nothing special, helped the halves no end and also brought a huge amount of leadership that had been missing.

Laumape looks an outstanding prospect. Minimal errors, great metre-eater and consistently looks for work. At just 19 years old, he could be something special in the coming years.

All in all, these guys are no chance of winning the spoon as some "experts" have previously said. A mid-table finish is most likely, the team building towards breakout years from 2014.

Welcome back Mad, just because one thinks the Warriors will finish last, does that mean you hate them, you have an opinion that the Warriors won't finish last, and I think they will, so that makes me a hater, doomsdayer does it ?

Go the Doggies

Warriors and Dogs now with the same number of points. Interesting considering the Dogs haven't been far off, while the Warriors had been really struggling until the weekend.  But while the Dogs may have looked a bit better than the Warriors - it doesn't mean jack s... when you look at the table.

Welcome back Mad, just because one thinks the Warriors will finish last, does that mean you hate them, you have an opinion that the Warriors won't finish last, and I think they will, so that makes me a hater, doomsdayer does it ?

???

Unsure what you are on about sorry. I was referring to the "haters" in general rather than anyone in particular here - mainly those in the media (mainly Australian so-called experts) who have decided the Warriors are done-for even though we are only a few games into a very long season.

Also I think Souths will beat the Warriors by a wide margin this week, doesn't mean I don't want the boys to win.

Will be interesting to see if Ben Henry is right. If he is, he's one bloke who can shut down Inglis (as he did so brilliantly last season).

Shut him down and you go a long way to winning. Sutton is a weak link for the Bunnies and if the Warriors can pressure him into mistakes, they are a decent chance.

I would love to share your optimism killa but i cant see how the warriors have a snowballs chance of making the 8,if they beat the rabbits people will walk stunned in the streets

The warriors are no chance for the 8 as you say, the errors the Cowboys made and many times in a scoring position they would have walked it yesterday, the fact they only went down by 2 says more about the Warriors. Im picking a just below mid table finish for the Warriors.

BTW. Happy birthday old fella. :P

ah well.....at least the win has sparked a bit more interest in the lobby.

Bit early to start thinking of season end ladder position I reckon. We gotta win.....

savour it as it may be a while before the next......hopefully not though.

Go the Warriors.

If the Warriors can keep up the "heart" they showed through the majority of that match, they should make the 8. The doomsdayers and haters will say they are no chance....... 

They won't make the 8. They are no chance.

That's being a realist, not a "doomsdayer".

Not me