RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

Warriors

Well the Warriors are sitting ahead of the Broncos on the table, so yes they should beat them. ;)

Actually it could go either way. Any away game is tough. As long as the Warriors keep winning at fortress Mt Smart they'll finish in the 8.

Pretty amazing considering some of the "experts" on here said they were no chance. :rolleyes:

3 replies and yet none can answer my question,yet two posters refer to Union scrums.

NHindmarsh said on weekly show that scrum time was time to have a rest ,and there was an unwritten rule to that effect among players.

Somewhat tongue-in -cheek of course .

The rule makers over the years have tweaked the sport to make the game more attractive and the scrum is obviously a set piece to give the backs some decent space.

It wasn't so long ago that it was moved 20m in to create more options.

Back in your day....1900 approx.....there was a scrum after every tackle ,play the ball was intro to save time.

Rugby scrums come into discussion because comparisons between two sports now frequent.

The problem with rugby scrums is there are at least 20 common infringements that can occur in the scrum and many of these do occur EVERY scrum.

I would note some of these ,but I think you know them.

I can see it now 2 teams fighting out for that elusive top 4 spot, it's round 26 Penrith Panthers v NZ Warriors, ah yes my mate Ivan :o

And to think some of the "experts" on here never had the Warriors finishing in the top 5 :P

Well the Warriors are sitting ahead of the Broncos on the table, so yes they should beat them. ;)

Actually it could go either way. Any away game is tough. As long as the Warriors keep winning at fortress Mt Smart they'll finish in the 8.

Pretty amazing considering some of the "experts" on here said they were no chance. :rolleyes:

. They're mud killa ,just like the broncs,can beat any team on their day but not when it counts...The broncos made that many brainless mistakes last night it looked like a match fix,and how did McGuire cough up the ball with a minute to go on his own 20 ?looked like an offering,in their defence the ref created the frustration with bullshit penalties at the ends of two sets in succession guaranteeing plenty of territory and possession resulting in tries...they beat the warriors by 20 next week,nature of comp

Don't count your chickens,games where teams roll over like the eels mean nothing. The games that count are competitive affairs where the ref generally makes the difference,this is where the pressure created takes its toll on average players like those at the warriors.

I will put my hand up, after about the first 7 or 8 rounds the warriors were no chance to make the 8,they had lost 5 of their first 6 (how is that top 8 material) games and were playing crap and continued to do so while under the watch of Elliot, had he stayed on they would have been doing the same old same old and would be nowhere, It is no coincidence that since Mcfadden took over that things have taken a full uturn and they are playing up to the potential they have shown glimpses of in the past, but having said that I wouldnt be popping the corks just yet, but they certainly are making a few from over the ditch sit up and take notice.

For me I think this weeks game will be a good guide for whats to follow, they are away to the Broncos who will be at full strength and are a top8 side, if they can put them away they are certainly a step or two closer to doing the unthinkable.

I don't think anyone is counting their chickens at all. It's just rather interesting that the Warriors were trashed so heavily by both scribes and various posters earlier in the season. The fact that they're looking good at this time of year is encouraging. One expert on here even  suggested they were odds on for the spoon! :lol:

Although they've been one of the top 3 form teams over the past 9 games, the one game that worries me is how they fell away against the Bunnies. They'd dominated them for 60 minutes before totally falling apart. They fell asleep against the Panthers too before coming home strong. They've definitely come a long way under McFadden but that tendency to fall asleep in games could still pose a problem.

You can forget any games the Warriors played under Elliott, they're a different side now.  You're right Killa, a lot of people did write them off earlier and if Elliott had stayed in charge they would have missed the 8.  They always start the season slowly though.  

I don't think anyone is counting their chickens at all. It's just rather interesting that the Warriors were trashed so heavily by both scribes and various posters earlier in the season. The fact that they're looking good at this time of year is encouraging. One expert on here even suggested they were odds on for the spoon! :lol:

/quote]. They were clearly the worst outfit out there,you didn't need to be an expert to see that :)

How could they frame such a market? Surely they know how spineless that mob is ! ...the broncos biggest issue is intelligence,if some of these guys couldn't play sport they'd be operating stop go signs at roadworks...Ben barba..surely he gets dropped,useless,you can guarantee this weeks broncos training was centred around the high ball,they get that right it could be a tidy score line

Hope you folk are watching our Warriors tonight over & above the rugby...

Might have to have two tv's running.

Or for those that have a decent computer screen at home you could always set them up to watch one game on internet & other on tv, if the children will let you...

Good crowd last night, great atmosphere, shame about the result, Warriors looked like a GF side after 10 mins, clinical.

A couple of standout players Ben Henry and Sam Tomkins, pity Henry missed that tackle that led to the Broncos final try, not sure if he slipped? Matulino and Mateo looked dangerous, however a couple of players had really poor games, one of my favs Johnson had a shocker, poor kicking game and a revolving door in D, and David F has been great this season, but was poor last night.

One thing that really let the Warriors down they only put the bomb up to Maranta  26 times and they were instructed to put the ball up 27 times to him

One expert on here described a team that just beat the warriors after coming from 12-0 down as "spineless" :)

Thought you might enjoy that one Gruff :DRef's were the difference(and Ben Barba)!!!!!!!

That.s the cynical joke out of the way.

From a Warrior fans perspective I came away still feeling OK after that game. You don't mind losing when you played pretty well. Looking at the match stat's you would think we won the game. The Warriors were ahead in virtually all bar kick metres plus 1 less line break. The "glaring" stat proved to be our nail in the coffin......Bronc's had 5 try saves to our none. One other thing I noticed was our line speed on D wasn't were it has been lately.....just an observation. Couldn't say that about the Bronc's....in our faces all night

They were simply more desperate (and at home in front of a good crowd) especially after 3 consecutive losses.

Enjoy your brief time in the 8 Gruffy....I still can't see the Bronc's playing finals footie this year with the draw they have. Storm twice...Manly/Doggies/Bunnies/Knights and the Dragons.

They will certainly be someone to watch next season though with their roster and new signings.

Acid test next week for the boys........Go the Warriors!!

Good crowd last night, great atmosphere, shame about the result, Warriors looked like a GF side after 10 mins, clinical.

A couple of standout players Ben Henry and Sam Tomkins, pity Henry missed that tackle that led to the Broncos final try, not sure if he slipped? Matulino and Mateo looked dangerous, however a couple of players had really poor games, one of my favs Johnson had a shocker, poor kicking game and a revolving door in D, and David F has been great this season, but was poor last night.

One thing that really let the Warriors down they only put the bomb up to Maranta  26 times and they were instructed to put the ball up 27 times to him

lol.....glass half full mate. They certainly "targeted" Maranta for some reason......Bronc's correctly identified Johnson as a weakness on D (missed 7 of 11 tackles).

What a crock of shit Gruff.

That statement only proves you see only what you want to see.

Barba pulling on Tompkins jersey when a try was on, should have at the least been 10 in the bin, Johnson pushed off the ball in the play of the ball and called a bad play, Hoffman drops the ball cold and the warriors called for a strip, Hurrell penalised and put on report for contact to the head when it was obviously an accident during general play, had this and other stuff I probably missed had happen to the Broncos you would be bleating on as you do about the circus that the NRL is, but because they won, you saw nothing.

As for the game, the Warriors prove once again that they are not quite up there yet, they have no plan B, bombing Muranta wasn't working yet they kept at it, they were once again guilty of wrong option taking and that was helped by the rush defence of the Broncos leaving the playmakers with no time and space to work with, they identified and shut down Johnson. At the end of the day Griffin did a great job at getting his players to shut down the warriors.

The warriors though could count themselves a little unlucky, there were a couple of no tries that could easily been tries with a bit of luck.

Next week will be very interesting.

I just watched hurrels tackle on the net...looked a certain penalty and looks bad enough for him to get at least a week on the sideline...you wearing warriors coloured specs traksy? :)

Well lets just see what happens re that tackle, I guess the result will let us both know who is wrong.

What do you mean "what am I on about"

You posted earlier that it was good to see the refs had little effect on the result, by that I kind of figured for you to say that, you must have watched the game.

But I should have known better, its not the first time you have made comment on a game yet didn't see it, kinda makes any comment you make a bit irrelevant.

As for the warriors specs, no way just call it as I SEE it.