RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

Warriors

Will the " eels" appreciate the wet weather we have turned on for them, taking into account "eels" live in drains & love the wet?

Will be a great game later & nothing much beats a game of league in the winter elements, especially at the hallowed turf of Mt Smart.

Shame we no longer play at Carlaw Park as that was good ground to watch the teams play at.

I'll be at the GF, regardless of who is playing, having 4 weeks in florida in Sept, fly into Syd 3rd Oct, taking the whole tribe to the GF, IMAGINE IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED  wouldn't that be good

Who's this bloke at the back for the Warriors, whatever he's on pay him double, seriously how shit are Parra, a massive wrap must go out to McFadden he has turned this team around ten fold

I don't know what McFadden has done but it needs bottling, this team has turned round big time, the lack of turnovers/mistakes, the commitment they show now is a massive change, loved the scrum push, nice to pull that out of the bag once in a while. I had them at the bottom half of the 8 if they were lucky, I will not be surprised now if they make the top 4.

Can someone explain why Leaguies don't push opponents off the ball in a scrum more often. Scrums are a joke in league,I thought it was just a case of 'here you go it's your ball' and everyone bends over with their arses in the air.

Can someone explain why Leaguies don't push opponents off the ball in a scrum more often. Scrums are a joke in league,I thought it was just a case of 'here you go it's your ball' and everyone bends over with their arses in the air.

you are a very very naughty boy, you shouldn't be watching the superior code .

i know you are extremely slow eric but i thought you were aware league scrums were such a joke they changed the rule and made them a virtual turnover.

meanwhile the leather patch brigade allowed yawnion scrums to deteriorate to a state where it's 1.04 about each srum being re set.

so viewers get to see all those fat keg on leg vertically challenged tattooed meatheads rolling around on the deck ad nauseum.

great viewing.

ring a ring a rosie you fall down i fall down we all fall down.

I think the idea was to create a set play where there is a bit of space for backs to run etc.....of course that doesn't happen as a lot of the backs go into scrum and the big smasher takes up the first tackle.

Gotta agree with Pogo re union scrums tho...they tend to be a blight on the game.

As many kick offs in rugby go so high now will we see the day when league kicks short to gamble 50/50 on getting the ball ,or will they always kick off long with no chance .....but to gain about 15 metres.

But what would I know.....they don't even play league in the South ,home of Torch and Capt Mannering ????

meanwhile the leather patch brigade allowed yawnion scrums to deteriorate to a state where it's 1.04 about each srum being re set.

so viewers get to see all those fat keg on leg vertically challenged tattooed meatheads rolling around on the deck ad nauseum.

great viewing.

ring a ring a rosie you fall down i fall down we all fall down.

In a humourous manner this raises a pertinent question. Is Rugby Union still a game for players of all shapes and sizes, where the "Fat keg on leg" can have his game within a game (those big boys love their scrums) - Or is it now primarily for those Fat kegs on legs, watching from their comfy couches?

Don't get too carried away with excitement, our Warriors have had the usual easy run with Origin at this time of the year.

We usually have good results when there teams best players are out with Origin.

Got a wee way to go yet & Warriors need to make sure they don't go & rest on there laurels, as is known to happen.

I don't know what McFadden has done but it needs bottling, this team has turned round big time, the lack of turnovers/mistakes, the commitment they show now is a massive change, loved the scrum push, nice to pull that out of the bag once in a while. I had them at the bottom half of the 8 if they were lucky, I will not be surprised now if they make the top 4.

Exactly, I know the Eels are useless without Hayne but how many 48 point shutouts do you see in the wet?  

I think the idea was to create a set play where there is a bit of space for backs to run etc.....of course that doesn't happen as a lot of the backs go into scrum and the big smasher takes up the first tackle.

Gotta agree with Pogo re union scrums tho...they tend to be a blight on the game.

As many kick offs in rugby go so high now will we see the day when league kicks short to gamble 50/50 on getting the ball ,or will they always kick off long with no chance .....but to gain about 15 metres.

But what would I know.....they don't even play league in the South ,home of Torch and Capt Mannering ????

Come on Tasman - we do play league down here. Have had the Development officer in all term taking a group of boys for Friday sport. To cap it all off they organised a tournament day at Nelson Intermediate. Was a great day and each team got one of the local club coaches to take the school team for the day. Was a terrific concept and the boys loved it. And the best thing: there wasn't an overpaid, under achieving/unskilled Australian in sight!

Exactly, I know the Eels are useless without Hayne but how many 48 point shutouts do you see in the wet?  

Yes I have head it all today "oh but Hayne wasn't there" as you say, it was a 48 point shutout, Hayne would have made no difference, maybe they may have scored a try or warriors may have not got as many, who knows? End of the day you can only play who turns up. Anyway Hayne would have been more worried about breaking a nail.

Don't get too carried away with excitement, our Warriors have had the usual easy run with Origin at this time of the year.

We usually have good results when there teams best players are out with Origin.

Got a wee way to go yet & Warriors need to make sure they don't go & rest on there laurels, as is known to happen.

Who's getting carried away with excitement?

I don't follow the warriors, that's a known fact here, I just say it how I see it, time will tell.

My comments are based on the lack of 50-50 passes, the lack of unforced errors, the total commitment of the thirteen players on the field, and the impact of the bench players.

None of the above has anything whatsoever to do with origin and it has all come about since McFadden has taken over, I hear he doesn't bow to egos and calls a spade a spade and if you play dumb you drop a grade, easy.

As for resting on their laurels, I think McFadden will see that doesn't happen.

Just enjoy the ride they are on and stop looking for excuses for why they are winning, maybe, just maybe they will surprise you.

I may have been one of them Killa. Still think they are a pretty good side but clearly they miss their 3 best forwards in Manu Mau, Mannah & Peats. Add to that  young Hoppa and Hayne.....way too much talent on the sideline. Clearly lacking a bit of direction now & I can't see them getting back in the 8.

Speaking of the 8 I think there is only the Dragons and the Cowboys who may get back in but in saying that I can't see anyone dropping out(from the current Top 8).

Warriors could end up top 4(who would have thought :D :D )....if not higher.Couple of weeks time we will know.

Cat I think Tassie touched on 1 of the main reasons (backs coming in to the scrum) I agree the scrums are a joke especially where the ball is fed in(that's the reason why they are rarely contested IMO)I doubt we will see another team get rolled like the Eels did but what this might do is hold the defensive 2nd rowers and lock in a touch longer.......creating more room for the attacking team.

Cat I think Tassie touched on 1 of the main reasons (backs coming in to the scrum) I agree the scrums are a joke especially where the ball is fed in(that's the reason why they are rarely contested IMO)I doubt we will see another team get rolled like the Eels did but what this might do is hold the defensive 2nd rowers and lock in a touch longer.......creating more room for the attacking team.

I'll be at the GF, regardless of who is playing, having 4 weeks in florida in Sept, fly into Syd 3rd Oct, taking the whole tribe to the GF, IMAGINE IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED  wouldn't that be good

Who's this bloke at the back for the Warriors, whatever he's on pay him double, seriously how shit are Parra, a massive wrap must go out to McFadden he has turned this team around ten fold

Geez it's a hard life mate :) :) This one "funded" similar to the last?????.....my guess is yes ;)

Yeah, I'm not going to get carried away.  After all it was only one performance but it was a great performance and the signs are good under McFadden.  If they play like that week in week out they should make the top 4 but it's a big if.  

The Eels were described as a good side by a few on here when they beat the Broncos earlier in the season.

Yet when the Warriors smash them they're a crap side? :huh:

. Using 'your' form comparison the warriors should waste the broncs next week then aye...