RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

Warriors

One trial loss and the Warriors are going to win the spoon? :rolleyes:

Can't read anything into trial games. Especially when none of the Warriors top 17 were involved.

I suppose the Storm should be spoon favs considering the Raiders beat them by 30+ yesterday?

Dragons look the weakest on paper for mine. Titans have perhaps the weakest spine in the comp and one of these two teams look odds on for the spoon.

Rabbits and Dogs title favs for mine. Roosters the dark horse and the biggest mover up the ladder.

Doggies for mine.....no fluke last year....smart coach.

Balance of Top 4 ......Storm - Bronco's - Roosters

Spoon..... agree on most above Titans for the paddle

and finally .......from a  faithful and optimistic Warriors fan..... 6th place for the boys  :lol:

I just hope every weekend is a winner with the Warriors and/or the Blues. I'm tired of drinking all day and watching losses :wacko: Haha.

But with both franchises I'm hearing that the new coaches are a breath of fresh air,and back to 'old school'.

Fingers crossed...

Oh,and the Rabbitohs for me to go all the way.Warriors will make the 8.

Knights for the Spoon

No I said the Warriors would win the spoon before the trial loss, it's on the cricket thread, sorry bout dat talking league on da cricket thread.

Sure trials mean zip, but they can help your confidence, especially coming off 8 losses in a row, and when your playing a trial against a team who are favoured for the spoon well who cares aye? after all we didn't play with an experienced team, but here's who the titans were missing Sezer Mead Gordon Harrison Bailey Taylor Bird Myles James Zillman just to name a few and off course Prince who has left, so it was a pretty even match up, and to think the titans scored 40+ wev'e taken off where we were from last year.

My main concerns with the Warriors are the team didn't want Elliot there, and this negativity may well set in and reflect after a few losses, the last 8 weeks of the comp last year is still fresh in my mind, not because they lost 8 in a row it was the way they went about it

The Warriors are going to rely heavily on Johnson as the Tigers do with Marshall any injury to Johnson and you can pick your halves and 5/8 combination out of a Weet Bix packet

The 42pts the titans scored in the trial just enhanced my thoughts on what i'm expecting to happen this season.

Elliot is a smart coach, he's going to have to work some miracles if the Warriors are to be contenders, they are a fragile Brittle outfit, and will need to start the season well, Halfback, Hooker is a major concern for mine, the Warriors for mine are favourites to win the spoon, would love to be saying the Warriors for mine are favourites to be winning the title.

On a positive note when I say the Warriors can win the title they miss the 8, and when i say they are no chance to make the 8 they finish in the top 4.

The other spoon chance is the Tiger's, this is one unhappy camp, plenty of negative vibes around the Tiger's and hanging over Marshalls head, United the Tiger's aren't and if Moltzen is anywhere in the spine 15s represent good value for the spoon.

The Dragons also look hopeless but don't represent value at present.

Not sure who will win need to watch about 6-8 weeks i reckon.

I do agree the Roosters will be the big improvers this year, I can even see them finishing in the top 4, remember the guys name  ex kiwi who slipped through the Warriors grasps Roger Tuivasa Scheck reckon he will develop into a superstar

www.nrl.com Warriors coach Matthew Elliott has named an experienced line-up for their second NRL trial match against Penrith at Waikato Stadium in Hamilton on Saturday.

New signings Thomas Leuluai and Dane Nielsen both feature, Leuluai named in the halves after last playing for the club in 2004 and Queensland Origin representative Nielsen making his first appearance for the Warriors.

NRL premiership winner Nielsen, who turned out for the Indigenous All Stars last Saturday, teams up in the centres with Konrad Hurrell.

Elliott has given Elijah Taylor the chance to claim the starting hooker's job in the absence of regular No.9 Nathan Friend, who will miss the start of the season after having further shoulder surgery.

Also lining up will be NRL All Stars Shaun Johnson at halfback and Feleti Mateo at loose forward, while Elliott has selected Hamilton-raised Sam Rapira and Ben Matulino as his starting props.

With Steve Rapira named on the bench, the Rapira brothers are set to team up for the Warriors in their hometown for the first time.

"We always planned to run with our younger players against the Titans," Elliott said.

"It was a really productive trial for us, giving us a good chance to have a look at our depth.

"As our only trial close to home, this match in Hamilton is a step up. We're able to call on most of our senior players and we're all looking forward to playing at Waikato Stadium in front of our members and fans."

Apart from Friend, other seasoned players not considered were Jerome Ropati, who's working his way back from knee surgery, Russell Packer (bicep) and the club's other 2012 NRL grand final winner Todd Lowrie, who has returned home following the death of his grandfather.

Warriors: Kevin Locke, Bill Tupou, Dane Nielsen, Konrad Hurrell, Manu Vatuvei, Thomas Leuluai, Shaun Johnson, Sam Rapira, Elijah Taylor, Ben Matulino, Ben Henry, Simon Mannering (captain), Feleti Mateo. Interchange: Dominque Peyroux, Jacob Lillyman, Pita Godinet, Alehana Mara, Ngani Laumape, Carlos Tuimavave, Sam Lousi, Sebastine Ikahihifo, John Palavi, Glen Fisiiahi, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Steve Rapira, Charlie Gubb.

Couple of positives though..........um........

We won the 2nd half

No major injuries

From memory didn't we win all 3 trials last pre season? Didn't equate to a rip roaring start did it? :rolleyes:

Yep just pre season Cat

Bronc's Saturday night. Hopefully we roll out our #1 team for this "trial". Must win for the boy's IMO....just to get rid of any lingering negativity (+ doubt) that may be prevalent. 8 - 10 consecutive losses can do that too eh?

Skysport3 live......nice.

Penrith may well miss out on JT, and their back up plan to sign Issac John from Wakefield, Cleary was a big fan of Issac John, he had him in front of Shaun Johnson.

But if Penrith do miss out on JT they will make a big play for Feliti Mateo.

Penrith may well miss out on JT, and their back up plan to sign Issac John from Wakefield, Cleary was a big fan of Issac John, he had him in front of Shaun Johnson.

But if Penrith do miss out on JT they will make a big play for Feliti Mateo.

Grim Reaper you are!

Mate just came into my office ranting about Ropati lining up against the Bronc's. Cracks me up.....he detest's him. Leaves me with a couple of day's to wind him up(as you do) :D Told him I'm waiting for TAB odds on the match....Ropati 1st try scorer - to score a try - to finish the match? etc etc

TRIAL , Sat 23 Feb 2013

Warriors v Broncos | Dunedin

Warriors

22. Kevin Locke 2. Bill Tupou 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Konrad Hurrell 25. Manu Vatuvei 6. Thomas Leuluai 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman 14. Elijah Taylor 10. Ben Matulino 11. Feleti Mateo 12. Simon Mannering © 16. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 1. Glen Fisiiahi 5. Charlie Gubb 15. Sam Rapira 17. Carlos Tuimavave
Reserves: 18. Alehana Mara 21. Jerome Ropati 23. Sebastine Ikahihifo 24. Steve Rapira

Bronco's
1. Josh Hoffman 2. Delroy Berryman 3. Justin Hodges 4. Jordan Kahu 5. Lachlan Maranta 6. Corey Norman 7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Josh McGuire 11. Alex Glenn © 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Scott Prince 15. Sam Thaiday 16. Ben Hunt 17. David Stagg
Reserves: 18. Mitchell Dodds 19. Scott Anderson 20. Jack Reed 21. Joe Bond

Referees
Ashley Klein and Phil Haines
Sideline Officials: New Zealand Referees
Video Referee: Bernard Sutton

Phew!

Top effort that all built around committed defense. Goods signs for the start of the season.

Shame about some of some of the injuries though....Johnson a worry. Some real standout

performances from Rapira, Matalino, Mannering and Godinet(nice surprise there). Justin Hodges

showed his class..... easily their best.

I'm sure the boy's will enjoy the next couple of weeks leading into the Eels......bring it on!!!!!!

One would hope Johnson is fit for Parra, because when you look at the draw, you would have banked those two points, with Carlos Tuimavave also out, it's who's who half and 5/8, not a good look.

And I see Penrith have just announced the sigining off Isaac John

One would hope Johnson is fit for Parra, because when you look at the draw, you would have banked those two points, with Carlos Tuimavave also out, it's who's who half and 5/8, not a good look.

And I see Penrith have just announced the sigining off Issac John

Not the end of the world fella. Leuluai will step up I'm sure.....Jury's out on him with a lot of fans. Coach has a lot of faith in the young fella Siejka. I know deep down you will want these guys to succeed ;)

Not the end of the world fella. Leuluai will step up I'm sure.....Jury's out on him with a lot of fans. Coach has a lot of faith in the young fella Siejka. I know deep down you will want these guys to succeed ;)

Oh I want them to succeed alright, iv'e backed them and the tiger's for an absolute stack, 13-1 they were 2 weeks ago to win the spoon with the NSW TAB, now 9-1.

As for Leuluai he is best suited to hooker, but I guess if you have freind, and Godinet, and Mara, and Leuluai, and to think they are looking at signing another hooker, are they serious?........but i suppose you can never have enough "Hookers"

As for Siejka, it's time to "Seek A" another option, he's not up to NRL Standard

How come the Warriors could never sign players like SBW, Isaac Luke, Karmichael Hunt, Benji Marshall, when they were in our own backyard, and to think they gifted Roger Tuivasa Scheck to the Roosters.

Furthermore KL is on borrowed time at the Warriors.

The Warriors are no chance, The fullback has a rocky relationship with the coach, the Hooker is always injured, we never signed a halfback, and now the 5/8 is out injured...."SPINELESS"

Regards

The Grim Reaper