RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kiah

Sangster terrific but ...

There were some blinking awful rides in the race!  I think Sangster would have won anyway but the rides by Coleman, Dye and a few others were pretty terrible.

Are you not used to this by now? Just another typical example of how amatuer Nz racing is
Sangster isn't a bad horse , possibly a Derby winner in Australia. Our horses ,trainers and jockeys STILL rate very high overseas. There are plenty of 'losing' rides in Aussie ,Hong Kong or wherever. Give us 20 million plus people and a booming economy and we would be tops !!! Name some 3rd world countries that match NZ for racing ....any ????

I was a bit shocked at Dyes ride but on reflection he aimed to steal the race at an opportune moment. His tactic probably enhanced the horses finishing position. By remaining where he was and riding in a "traditional" manner would that horse have finished closer than it actually did??

Shane Dyes ride wasn't a bad gamble. The pace at that stage of the race was a joke when he set off like a man possessed and the form on the day (bar a couple where the pace was on) was that back runners had a tough time getting up. He could have steadied a bit when he got there but that is a case of semantics. The horse got beaten by better runners. For anyone who wanted to listen to me before the race, I unfortunately labelled Sangster as the lay down mazir bet of the day. Any horse that can win the AJC Derby, in some sort of form, beats that lot of runners. That was a joke of a group 1 race. And so it panned out. We have seriously slipped because apart from the Derby, this horse was beaten in a number of the lead ups by the Sydney mob who last year weren't as good as the Melbourne mob.

And back to the coverage, why can't someone see that the images of races like this are our shop front window to the World. The coverage was bollocks. Lazy use of cameras, light, editing, preparation....in fact most of it. This was a Group 1 race and not some mediocre every Saturday type race. Even the lady who tried to sing the anthem sounded like a chopped up Gareth Morgan victim as the commentators kept pratiling on whilst publically apologising for be disrespectful to the anthem. You've got to be joking....what a shambles....so unprofessional on so many accounts. It pisses me off because this is not difficult.

Just to clear up a couple of errors in posts.

Tasman Man - Sangster is a Derby winner in Australia.

Berri - Sangster won the "Victoria Derby". He finished 9th in the AJC Derby to Ethiopia. However your point was spot on - A Vic Derby winner with an excellent lead up run at it's previous start, was always going to put that field away.

As for the anthem? We see it so many times where friends of friends who can sing in a shower after a night on the piss get to disgrace themselves, their families and friends, by destroying what is a beautiful anthem - when sung by a professional.

Just to clear up a couple of errors in posts.

Tasman Man - Sangster is a Derby winner in Australia.

Berri - Sangster won the "Victoria Derby". He finished 9th in the AJC Derby to Ethiopia. However your point was spot on - A Vic Derby winner with an excellent lead up run at it's previous start, was always going to put that field away.

As for the anthem? We see it so many times where friends of friends who can sing in a shower after a night on the piss get to disgrace themselves, their families and friends, by destroying what is a beautiful anthem - when sung by a professional.

Yep...Sorry about the error. My brain was slower than my fingers...that's a Sunday for you.

Just to clear up a couple of errors in posts. Tasman Man - Sangster is a Derby winner in Australia. Berri - Sangster won the "Victoria Derby". He finished 9th in the AJC Derby to Ethiopia. However your point was spot on - A Vic Derby winner with an excellent lead up run at it's previous start, was always going to put that field away. As for the anthem? We see it so many times where friends of friends who can sing in a shower after a night on the piss get to disgrace themselves, their families and friends, by destroying what is a beautiful anthem - when sung by a professional.
Cheers......I was kinda being vague , as a follow-up to what I thought was a random sort of thread. I mean ,clearly the best horse won the race. I wondered what happened to the Apprentice ,thought he may have gone missing in a golf bunker !! :D