RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Horse Stopper

HOD will beat Whobee again..........

.... I doubt it very much.......

Mick Price has had HOD fit and ready for all starts.... trying to get a true guide on where he was best placed to take the horse through the prep.....whilst Whobe has steadily been lifted slowly to peak fitness

Whobe according to Mark Cav is pretty much as on song as he could be for this run.... He had no real reason to have him cherry ripe a few weeks back over 1800m.... his goal was still a month away then.

You'll probably see HOD run 4th or 5th and head to the Emirates.

For mine... Whobe and Nom Du Jeu to run in the top two.....

and a big run from Master OReilly to ensure hes a massive CC chance next week.

.... but hey we've all being wrong before !

Sure to be a massive days racing !!

.... I doubt it very much.......

Mick Price has had HOD fit and ready for all starts.... trying to get a true guide on where he was best placed to take the horse through the prep.....whilst Whobe has steadily been lifted slowly to peak fitness

Whobe according to Mark Cav is pretty much as on song as he could be for this run.... He had no real reason to have him cherry ripe a few weeks back over 1800m.... his goal was still a month away then.

You'll probably see HOD run 4th or 5th and head to the Emirates.

For mine... Whobe and Nom Du Jeu to run in the top two.....

and a big run from Master OReilly to ensure hes a massive CC chance next week.

.... but hey we've all being wrong before !

Sure to be a massive days racing !!

Wouldn't Whobee have been at full fitness last start being his 4th run of this prep having run in a 1400m then another 1400m then winning over a mile going into that race???

It looked to me like he wasn't comfortable at that distance just like he wasn't comfortable in the Derby finishing a distant second and never looking like a winning chance.

He was in quicksand over that final furlong and HOD had him covered easily.

I'll be making him my lay of the day.

Apache Cat should easily win the 1000m sprint and conversely I'll be making him my bet of the day.

Yeah last time he went down by a whopping head. Im sure he cant turn such a huge margin around.

Since the Caulfield Cup was mentioned.

If Predatory Pricer doesnt get a bad draw he's gonna be hard to peg back. $7 is great money

HOD has to be a question mark over 2000m?

neither of his 2 siblings have won past 1700m.

Weekend Hussler won the underwood well last year but was found wanting over 2000m .Is HOD a stayer? we`ll find out saturday .

Yeah last time he went down by a whopping head. Im sure he cant turn such a huge margin around.

Since the Caulfield Cup was mentioned.

If Predatory Pricer doesnt get a bad draw he's gonna be hard to peg back. $7 is great money

Albeit yes, the margin was small but Whobee was never going to reel in HOD that day after tracking him the entire race.

If he couldn't pick him up after getting the drop on him then how is he going to come from behind and beat him in tomorrow's race which is 200m further???

I don't think he can.

It's not affecting the large amount of money coming for him though.

He's in to $2.20 now.

HOD has to be a question mark over 2000m?

neither of his 2 siblings have won past 1700m.

Weekend Hussler won the underwood well last year but was found wanting over 2000m .Is HOD a stayer? we`ll find out saturday .

at the end of 1800 which suggests 2000m won't be a problem although he did get a good run in transit.

He's not a big horse so as long as NDJ stays out of his way a repeat victory is on the cards.

The track will probably be dead with no rain around the last couple of days and sunshine forecast for tomorrow. :D

Whobegotyou is the best horse running in australasia at this very moment! I think he will run a great race on saturday and i cant see them beating him in the Cox in 2 weeks time.

not a 2000+ metre horse but will be happy to be proven wrong. ;)

If he wins tomorrow he'll justify his favouritism for the Plate but I'm picking the $3.80 price today will be more like $6 at the conclusion of the race. :D

not a 2000+ metre horse but will be happy to be proven wrong. ]

This is not the race he is being aimed at, I do believe he is top pick and should be too good but id love to see him drift out to $6's. Back at mooney valley with a good pace on, waaaay too good!

This is not the race he is being aimed at, I do believe he is top pick and should be too good but id love to see him drift out to $6's. Back at mooney valley with a good pace on, waaaay too good!

but this will be offset by the 2040m distance.

Tomorrow will answer a few questions but I'm pickin the bookmakers will have a very good day. ;)

2000m WFA.

If Whobee couldn't beat HOD over 1800 WFA with the perfect run tracking HOD throughout how is he going to beat him over 2000m WFA??

I'm pickin Whobee's Cox Plate price will blow like the wind after this run.

Stick to your day job looks like you couldnt pick the winner in a two horse race ,bet the TAB love you though.

Gee, Whobegotyou and Apache Cat. You are on a trashing to nothing tipping for and against redhots Chris.

Just learn not to mention favourites and save your tips for when you think you might have a decent longshot.

Gee, Whobegotyou and Apache Cat. You are on a trashing to nothing tipping for and against redhots Chris.

Just learn not to mention favourites and save your tips for when you think you might have a decent longshot.

I actually made money out of those two bets believe it or not. ;)

After backing Apache Cat at $3.80 with the bookies (he was paying around $2.40 to win on the TAB) I ended up whacking HOD for a place so ended up slightly ahead on the ledger.

It's pretty simple really Ollie was out ridden by Nikolic and Newitt was out ridden by Ollie.

Apache Cat was the run of the day cutting out his last 600 in a blistering 32.48 with his last 200 in 21.87.

With Lucky Secret dictating terms out front and kicking clear turning for home it meant Apache Cat would needed to have broken 32 seconds for his final sectional to beat him, a virtually impossible task.

The Underwood was also decided by jockey tactics after a superb ride from Ollie who used his intiative booting up on the rail to get ahead of HOD which meant HOD would also have needed to run a phenominal final sectional to run him down in the straight which he couldn't quite do.

There's very little between these two horses and if you reverse the runs HOD wins.

What Whobee has in his favour though is that he's a slightly bigger horse which means he can take a bit more of a buffeting and still win whereas HOD needs clear air to show his best.

Looking forward to seeing a tip from you and daddy casey and don't worry about the odds. As long as it pays a dividend it really doesn't matter after all 40% is better than bank interest. ;):D

Gee, that's a decent place punt Chris, covering two big win bets on favoured runners with a place punt on a $1.40 shot and still making a profit. Out of my league.

I have to rely on the occasional punt on the likes of Hoorang in the NZ Cup to show a profit. And that was a while ago. Although Figure of Speech has filled the gap ok. So you can see we are different sorts of punters.

And don't expect a tip from me. I finalise mine just before the race when I know the final field, barrier draw, track conditions, track bias, jockey and, most importantly, the comparitive odds. That's why I have never been able to understand people who come out three weeks before a race saying "??? will win". Doesn't seem logical to me.

Gee, that's a decent place punt Chris, covering two big win bets on favoured runners with a place punt on a $1.40 shot and still making a profit. Out of my league.

I have to rely on the occasional punt on the likes of Hoorang in the NZ Cup to show a profit. And that was a while ago. Although Figure of Speech has filled the gap ok. So you can see we are different sorts of punters.

And don't expect a tip from me. I finalise mine just before the race when I know the final field, barrier draw, track conditions, track bias, jockey and, most importantly, the comparitive odds. That's why I have never been able to understand people who come out three weeks before a race saying "??? will win". Doesn't seem logical to me.

I took the easy $1.40 on the place and the bet was big enough to cover my win bet on Apache Cat.

I don't back final field fixed odds either.

After losing 2 grand on Auckland Reactor to win the Jewels last year on what I considered to be a sure thing I've learnt my lesson.

No certainties in racing though regardless on how you bet.

That's what makes it interesting. ;):D

you'll have noticed a pattern with Tommo, his tips never win but he always makes a fortune on the punt, well he tells us that afterwards.

I can't understand why he bothers to work.

Something that may interest you Tommo.

Are those yanks kidding, laughable!

you'll have noticed a pattern with Tommo, his tips never win but he always makes a fortune on the punt, well he tells us that afterwards.

unlike yours which usually finish closer to Ardmore. :D

Where have I said I always make a fortune on the punt???

I've just stated I lost 2 grand on a horse that didn't even start in the race it was intended to!! :rolleyes:

Your opinion is about as balanced as the majority of your patrons on a Friday night. :D

haha. i agree

alkopop and whobegotyou were the biggest morals on a race track on Saturday. only reason i didnt climb onto alkopop even more was the jockey.

I actually made money out of those two bets believe it or not. ]

HEY FAIR ENOUGH POINTS AGREE WITH MOST OF THEM!

1.NZ CUP.......THE REACTOR WILL GET OVER THE YIPPS.

2. COX PLATE WHOBEE

3.CAUFIELD CUP PLACE ON VIEWED.

What are you saying weirdo??

Here's a clip from your family album, "hi Mum, hi Dad"

Weirdo indeed.

That's what you get with these peculiar Bachelor of Veterinary Science types.

A weird fascination with sex and animals.

What's next weirdo??

How about one of your close relative's having a go with Jalice's pet dingo??

HEY FAIR ENOUGH POINTS AGREE WITH MOST OF THEM!

1.NZ CUP.......THE REACTOR WILL GET OVER THE YIPPS.

2. COX PLATE WHOBEE

3.CAUFIELD CUP PLACE ON VIEWED.

if they decide to bring the evergreen Black's a Fake over.

He'll create another dimension to the carnival if he comes and will do the marketing of the meeting no end of good.

Whobee would have to be close to a good thing back to Valley as long as Big Mal doesn't walk them out front again.

Never doubt Bart Cummings. He is a Wonder and like a good wine is getting better with age. ;):D

What are you saying weirdo??

Here's a clip from your family album, "hi Mum, hi Dad"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/racing-minisyer-rob-hulls-angered-by-midget-race-at-country-cup-meeting/story-e6frf7jo-1225786041677

Nice for you to pop over and support the Cranbourne meeting on the weekend. :y:

Hopefully you didn't sustain anymore permanent damage after your mount stumbled just before the winning post.

Next time I'd suggest preventing your mount from over indulging prior to the event and you might stay in the saddle. ;):D

How was the flight back??

Did you encounter any animal liaisons on the way home??

that is clearly not me, I'm at least an inch taller than those midgets...and I'd have been riding that blond with the camera.

I did rather like that head over heels effort from the bloke in the orange outfit...rather reminiscent of Mortie's career as a jumps jockey I thought.

Nicky Watson to be the cinematographer for a 2010 edition at the Kelt Capital Stakes meeting next year.

George and Steve could be the mounts and your dear self and Mortie could be the midgets.

We could line up a full length mirror and a plate of puha and pork bones at the finish for incentives and adapt the new Australian whipping rules as a control experiment.

Now that's a sure way of reducing the cringe factor while adding a bit of interest and spicing up our racing product for next year. ;)

Hell, even I'd be prepared to fly back for that one. :D