RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kiwiman

Trevor Trevor Trevor

NOOOOOOO are you serious why are Dave and Mark both at Dunedin? who makes these poor decisions now have to listen to this Muppet 10 times today and after his effort in race 1 I'm considering just watching with the mute on.

Well i was looking forward to hearing Mark call my horse Sarah Palin home first in her race,but now i have to listen to Trevor Wilkes...oh well at least it's a relatively small field,so i won't get lost following her...who knows maybe Trev will call a blinder in her race.

Well i was looking forward to hearing Mark call my horse Sarah Palin home first in her race,but now i have to listen to Trevor Wilkes...oh well at least it's a relatively small field,so i won't get lost following her...who knows maybe Trev will call a blinder in her race.

Good luck Marty. If Sarah Palin wins I don't think you'll mind if Mickey Mouse had called the race.

First time I've ever bagged a commentator but this is embarrassing.

He seems totally out of his depth...I'd cut him some slack if he was a beginner but he's been around for years.It really makes you appreciate Mark,Tom and Dave.

Good thing she finished second so you don't have to listen to the replay year after year.

Also Mardy what's happening with Monty? would have won that first race for sure by 20 lengths.

Yea it was unfortunate that he got the gallops on his debut run.He then got 2nd a couple of weeks back,spurted around the field down the back to lead,and then he got bombed by his stablemate who came off his back.He could be in action next weekend..Phil W is looking at spacing his runs,he won't be a maidener for much longer....big hopes for him.

Can someone please tell me who the fellow  from new zealand that was at the  melton trots last night on the sideline team,I think his name is gerin or somethinng like that.What a tosser,there were 5 of us having a beer and we were all sober,yet not one of us could understand a word he was saying.Unbeleivable how this guy has a job as a sideline commentator.Seemed to know all about the horses,but has he got a speach impediment or something as we not sure what language he was speaking ,not sure if it was german,french or english,but at least everytime he talked we all pissed ourselves laughing..

Can someone please tell me who the fellow  from new zealand that was at the  melton trots last night on the sideline team,I think his name is gerin or somethinng like that.What a tosser,there were 5 of us having a beer and we were all sober,yet not one of us could understand a word he was saying.Unbeleivable how this guy has a job as a sideline commentator.Seemed to know all about the horses,but has he got a speach impediment or something as we not sure what language he was speaking ,not sure if it was german,french or english,but at least everytime he talked we all pissed ourselves laughing..

Good Grief

I'm not into bagging commentators..but after seeing a replay of the Geraldine meeting on Saturday,that would have to be one of the worst commentary effort that i've heard in a long while.There were a lot of ummm and ahhh...and sometimes some horses wouldn't even be mentioned..or he'd get too half way thru the field,then go back to the leader.I've heard him call at Addington,when Mark Mc hasn't been their,and he's done a good job..but Saturday wasn't great..most of those horses he would've called at the trials,so i don't believe 'new colours' could be used as an excuse...c'mon Trev you can do way better than that.

. Hes the guy off the 40 year old virgin,done a stint doing our harness,then spent a few bucks at the parnell tab and lost his job.He does know his racing,and he does look at this site,he used a phrase off here in the herald one week.Mick guerin,seems an alright sort,i heard him say he'd give up sex if barry purdons horse won the nz cup...big big call,doesnt beat glynn tuckers call of jumping off the grandstand if supreme glory won the oaks...$54 it paid...r.i.p

I do hope you realise that you are attacking one of the most dedicated racing journalists New Zealand and Australia has to offer, and yes he does frequent this website. He may not be easy to understand at times but I bet if you had taken the time to listen properly instead of pissing yourselves laughing you might have made a dollar or two. Mick does his homework extremely well, as you mentioned, I'm guessing you did not do quite so well judging from the spelling and grammar of your post? I'm sorry but I find the fact you call him a tosser rather offensive and disrespectful, and the mention of a speech impediment even more so.

Hear hear Emiliana go hard!!!!!......ah they were all havin a beer, but they were all sober, yup, yuh gotta laugh at that one! jober as sudges yup they were hic hic hiccup    :P

cheers Iraklis

Thanks Iraklis, was wondering if I may have gone overboard, those comments rubbed me up the wrong way!!!

Nada wurries Emiliana   :)  I don't know what that guy was on about, I have never found Mick hard to understand, he's always been clear and descriptive, especially so when we're (kiwi horses) are kickin butt....GOOOO HARD MICK! keep up the great commentaries mate......

Cheers Iraklis

Mick is that you?

Haha no it's not, sorry to get your hopes up!! I have had a fair bit to do with Mick over the years, he has always been great to deal with. The only problem I ever had with Mick was he interviewed me at Alex Park one night after I won a race and it ended up being a full page article in the Weekly, facts were all there but not entirely in the right order. My mother was not impressed!! Haha!! Was a great effort on his part though, he sat down and had a coffee with me and never took a single note, totally worked on recall alone. I didn't even realise he had interviewed me til the Weekly arrived in the mail!

. Hes the guy off the 40 year old virgin,done a stint doing our harness,then spent a few bucks at the parnell tab and lost his job.He does know his racing,and he does look at this site,he used a phrase off here in the herald one week.Mick guerin,seems an alright sort,i heard him say he'd give up sex if barry purdons horse won the nz cup...big big call,doesnt beat glynn tuckers call of jumping off the grandstand if supreme glory won the oaks...$54 it paid...r.i.p

Yup - you are old ...