RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sea

1 starter per trainer

would like to see 1 starter per trainer for co and c1s then every person should get a start with there dog that might clear the back log of maidens and c1s

would make it more fair for trainers with a small team but what but c1 heats and you have one in each heat and get more than 1 into the final...

Would you take a pick for what one you want in the final?

Mate. there is one reason and only one reason why there is a back log of dogs in the lower grades.

And its because there is to much **** out there running around for petrol vouchers.

And your solution to this would be???

Mate. there is one reason and only one reason why there is a back log of dogs in the lower grades.

And its because there is to much **** out there running around for petrol vouchers.

Well I hope your not planning on racing the one that you trialled last weekend that ran 19.16 at Akl!!!!

If people want to encourage more locally bred litters, and i agree totally...surely there will be eventually even more C0-C1 wanting starts!?

So when will the problem be addressed then?? When it happens i guess, or never.

Well I hope your not planning on racing the one that you trialled last weekend that ran 19.16 at Akl!!!!

why not? as some public trainers say we have to look after the small trainers with 1 or 2 dogs

. thats the message comin from our national board as well?

Thats the problem >Maybe change the petrol vouchers fom owners to trainers vouchers 1 per race per trainer

If people want to encourage more locally bred litters, and i agree totally...surely there will be eventually even more C0-C1 wanting starts!?

So when will the problem be addressed then?? When it happens i guess, or never.

alot of people think the answer is more races some clubs want more? but we have increased the product over the last few years and we still got the same problem petrol vouchers are not helping the game.

Please do not do this thing called Tinkering.There is a backlog of dogs and always will be because of the lack of COMMONSENSE in Clubs Schedules.U do not need to have a high IQ to work it out.

Lion.

would like to see 1 starter per trainer for co and c1s then every person should get a start with there dog that might clear the back log of maidens and c1s

This is the most stupid suggest ion ever...................lol. Are you for real or are you having everyone on for a gee up?

Think about it! So lets crucify the big public trainers who keep this sport going! Yeh lets make surE that they can only run 1 dog per race. LOL

Not being a smartarse but you would'nt get fields you've gota be from some other planet.

This is the most stupid suggest ion ever...................lol. Are you for real or are you having everyone on for a gee up?

Think about it! So lets crucify the big public trainers who keep this sport going! Yeh lets make surE that they can only run 1 dog per race. LOL

The best Dogs race, end of story.

Thats the problem >Maybe change the petrol vouchers fom owners to trainers vouchers 1 per race per trainer

I'm a public trainer with several c1 dogs with diffrent onwers your telling me i have to tell them only 1 dog can race this week if only 1 C1 race carded because 1 dog 1 trainer yeah right good way to slow the coletrain down one dog one race all classes if i have dogs faster than yours tough plmy /north and wanganui now 3noms 3misses get start seems fair to me

I'm a public trainer with several c1 dogs with diffrent onwers your telling me i have to tell them only 1 dog can race this week if only 1 C1 race carded because 1 dog 1 trainer yeah right good way to slow the coletrain down one dog one race all classes if i have dogs faster than yours tough plmy /north and wanganui now 3noms 3misses get start seems fair to me

why are perople moaning down there cant get a start? if they have got bad form take them to non totes and get some form

why are perople moaning down there cant get a start? if they have got bad form take them to non totes and get some form

Because one trainer trains & nominates several dogs, it does not automatically follow they own the lot of them. Limiting runners to one trainer per race is going to penalise some owners. Because someone may be a big trainer doesn't automatically mean that every owner they have is a big owner too.

The solution to the backlogs lies not in unrealistic unfair solutions as this or in abolishing petrol vouchers, but in more racing opportunities in those grades and club selection polices.

Scapegoating vouchers is a red herring as we have had backlogs before in these same grades when there were no vouchers. Stopping trainers from running in certain races after their first one gets in the field penalises owners and selection on merit goes out the window entirely. There is a case for modifying selection purely on merit to get round the problems of backlogs, opportunities etc, but this suggestion throws it out the window completely.

And many more up and coming great dogs will be sitting in there kennel waiting months to get a start whilst owner's pay for them to be there!

that is happening now ? so whaat do we do

Because one trainer trains & nominates several dogs, it does not automatically follow they own the lot of them. Limiting runners to one trainer per race is going to penalise some owners. Because someone may be a big trainer doesn't automatically mean that every owner they have is a big owner too.

The solution to the backlogs lies not in unrealistic unfair solutions as this or in abolishing petrol vouchers, but in more racing opportunities in those grades and club selection polices.

Scapegoating vouchers is a red herring as we have had backlogs before in these same grades when there were no vouchers. Stopping trainers from running in certain races after their first one gets in the field penalises owners and selection on merit goes out the window entirely. There is a case for modifying selection purely on merit to get round the problems of backlogs, opportunities etc, but this suggestion throws it out the window completely.

wiping the running out nom's clause.an astute trainer and a good dog quite often picks up 2/3 races in a grade it's no longer eligible for.all very well if you own the dog but those 2/3 races could have been won by 2/3 different dogs thus moving them through the grades.class dogs should after all be running against other class dogs with an ability equal to there own that's what the grading system is for is it not?

Right on about the vouchers Phil, drawing a long bow trying to accuse vouchers of this problem!! If you have a lot of dogs you may get a lot of vouchers..end of.

Has nothing to do with getting starts...

As for saving the 20 bucks, fair enough, but the Assn should be looking at getting income from other ventures anyway.

Right on about the vouchers Phil, drawing a long bow trying to accuse vouchers of this problem!! If you have a lot of dogs you may get a lot of vouchers..end of.

Has nothing to do with getting starts...

As for saving the 20 bucks, fair enough, but the Assn should be looking at getting income from other ventures anyway.

Like the dutch book eh :D Or the rocketship rort ?

I say Bring back Non totes for C0 and C1 sprints. Have heats before a meeting one week and the finals at the tote meeting the following week.

If the dogs are good enough be win or run 2nd in a non tote then they can run for a petrol voucher at the next tote meeting.

This will keep the the racing standards up at the tote meeting with only dogs that have form racing in the lower grades