RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lad27

Frozen Straws Rare and Around

Sometime I see this topic on greyhound-data but interested to see whats about in N.Z. of different and rare frozen straws that are about if anyone whats to fill my curiosity.

I see a litter of Token Prince's are about from Miss Idol, what would a straw for him go for these days?

There are two Brett Lee straws selling in ozz for 20k each.

the Big Sam Banner straw that Andy Mc Cook had for sale is the LAST one left in existance.... he hasnt thrown to bad from the couple litters he has had in NZ. His pups go all right. Plus hes the sire off Big Sam Jr and Young Sam Banner who was a top dog as well. Being a double bred grand son off brother fox at $450 bux it was a to good a deal to ignore lol

Looking through the new registrations and I see a dog called 'Hill Of Grace' with the sire being Black Shiraz, now that has to be rare!. You only have to look at the offspring he left, wonder what I straw of him would be worth?

Sometime I see this topic on greyhound-data but interested to see whats about in N.Z. of different and rare frozen straws that are about if anyone whats to fill my curiosity.

I see a litter of Token Prince's are about from Miss Idol, what would a straw for him go for these days?

There are two Brett Lee straws selling in ozz for 20k each.

On 7/08/2013 at 9:28 AM, Mike Martin said:

I wonder what happened to the pups in UK that were sired by Monalee Champion about 50 years after his death?

Please expand, are you saying they had sperm from the champ, or have they cloned?. Have never heard of this.

I tried to find where I read it John but it was a year or two again and I cannot find it again. The following proves that it is possible though

Frozen Dogs provides the breeder with:

• Complete evaluation of dog semen and the dog semen quality certificate
  • Preparation of chilled doses from fresh semen
  • Cryopreservation (freezing) of canine semen
  • Collection and preservation of epididymal sperm even after death of animal
  • Frozen semen storage in our Canine Semen Bank in liquid nitrogen at -196°C
  • Artificial insemination services in collaboration with the Veterinary and Pharmaceutical University Brno. Both the surgical technique and non-invasive transcervical technique using endoscopes are available for the intrauterinne insemination.

fotoini9_160.gif

Advantages of artificial insemination of dogs:

• Long-term preservation of fertilization ability
  • Frozen semen can remain viable for hundreds of years, surviving the natural life-span of the stud
  • Reduction of the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases
  • Utilization of genetic material readily available without transportation of the studs
  • Insemination of quality checked sperm
  • Multiple semen doses obtained in one single collection contrary to natural service
  • Insemination of animals that are not able to reproduce naturally due to physical infirmity
  • Collection of semen from animals that have been dead for several hours

Cheers Jetsun

We made our decision, going abit left field but mating wont happen for awhile yet until somewhere into next year

Magic sprite would work but he was only 29kg and our girl less than 24kg.

I know you only have to have a fast dog to win but abit of size helps ;) .

Im sure there is some nice rare frozen out there in nz.

I saw some Solve The Puzzel pups a few months back, looked fantastic.