RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

The Week That Was

1.Final Touch wins Telegraph  with a very good ride  from C W Johnson

2 C W Johnson in the next race rides a terrible race on London Dream (by Handsome Ransom)

3 Jason Waddell loses ride on Ruud Awakening and loses his case before the JCA

4 Jason Waddell files an appeal which has no show

5 Terry Serepisos gets into a fight at Trentham Wellington cup day

6 Blood Brotha wins Wellington cup with a good effort but a pathetic time

7 London Dream wins  the Duoro  on Cup day with a superb ride from C W  Johnson

8 Mufasa is moved from the McKee stable ,,,, ..disgraceful behavior from David Archer  he gets the curse

9 Ruud Awakening wins the Karaka Million with a ride par excellence from 1 of the worlds best Jockeys

10  Trainer zzz zzzzz wins 2 races at Rotorua

Mr Rumpole, is this a voting competition?

If not, I formally declare the winner Mr CW Johnson - only person mentioned three times

Turny

PS Imagine if he had a professional Valet, could have been more winners. But my Bank Manager is very very happy

Given point 8, Steven McKee winning 2 of the 6 races on Million day rates well ahead of point 10 for mine. 

And it was interesting to note that the 2 would-be stallions from which Matt Cameron was given the flick by Te Akau failed to distinguish themselves under Opie Bosson.  Sure, Burgundy ran third, but the two mares who beat him in gave him 5kg and 2kg respectively at weight-for-age.   Catalonia was an also ran.

In regard to point 9, Craig Williams is a TOP rider - but Ruud Awakening is freakishly good and the biggest certainty I've seen for a long time, today. I, like most people, couldn't see anything getting close to her and so it proved. She could be competitive in The Slipper. 

I feel very sorry for Jason Waddell; this is a tough game at times..

1.Final Touch wins Telegraph  with a very good ride  from C W Johnson

2 C W Johnson in the next race rides a terrible race on London Dream (by Handsome Ransom)

3 Jason Waddell loses ride on Ruud Awakening and loses his case before the JCA

4 Jason Waddell files an appeal which has no show

5 Terry Serepisos gets into a fight at Trentham Wellington cup day

6 Blood Brotha wins Wellington cup with a good effort but a pathetic time

7 London Dream wins  the Duoro  on Cup day with a superb ride from C W  Johnson

8 Mufasa is moved from the McKee stable ,,,, ..disgraceful behavior from David Archer  he gets the curse

9 Ruud Awakening wins the Karaka Million with a ride par excellence from 1 of the worlds best Jockeys

10  Trainer zzz zzzzz wins 2 races at Rotorua

Rumpole, 3 & 4 are contradictory.

You are saying his appeal has no show. His appeal relates to being engaged for Ruud Awakening. If he was, and from his manager and texts that have been made public then he does seem to have a valid case to put forward.

In number three you must have thought that he was engaged also, for you can't lose a ride that you were never engaged for.

2 & 5 I certainly agree with.

Tell us more about 5. Sounds interesting.

RA was superb tonight as expected but man what an impressive looking horse is Fantastic Honour.

Watched the last 3 races at Ellerslie.Some of the riding caught my eye.I know its a pretty hard job steering these big

brutes around the course but R4 was like a dodgems car race for the first 600 metres odd.

In R5 a horse came from the outside at a 45 degree angle straight towards the rail then pin balled to 6 wide within a 100 metres.

All sorts of interference was caused in these two instances.Was anyone cautioned.

In the last no15 came from an outside barrier to the rail but that didn't seem to be enough he tried to go inside the rail.What

are these jocks up to or are these horses just unruly types?

I also noticed  a barrier attendent getting a decent kick in the last.

Plenty of all round entertainment for viewers.

Teddy

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8229950/Serepisos-fight-at-races-one-on-one

my info is Serepisos deserved all he got

a good read

As for the Jason Waddell business I suggest you read he JCA decision,  In my view it is un appealable

I have been wrong before but I have done scores of racing appeals over the years and I would have no confidence if I was asked to do this one

As for the Jason Waddell business I suggest you read he JCA decision,  In my view it is un appealable

I have been wrong before but I have done scores of racing appeals over the years and I would have no confidence if I was asked to do this one

Interesting assessment Rumpers.

It appears there was at least a conditional engagement, subject to JW making the weight for Lucky Country.

Whether it was a firm engagement or no engagement prior to it being conditional seems somewhat debateable from my reading of the decision. The distinction between an intention and a commitment which the JCA made seems pretty fuzzy to me.

Please tell me Maturing Gun are you father to Jason or just a close buddy ??

Explain how he was shafted please?

The JCA did not think so

Maybe he will win his appeal..good luck to him  ..he will need it

Bosma told the JCA that as far as he was concerned there was no way Jason would ride the horse

and if the JCA found against him he would accept the consequences  a whole 27,000 of them

Mr Rumpole Sir,

You should get Jason in your stable - you have done so well with "you know who" over the last 10 years.

He is riding very well at the present time - a credit to you and his Valet

Must get together for a glass of claret when you are next down here, I enjoy your acute humour and our mutually sharp intellect

Turny QV

(Qualified Valet)