RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kiwiman

Black Caps

credit where its due well done for the win, obviously not ours or their strongest team but when you don't win many take it with both hands.

Guptill is a worry, looks ok but just keeps getting out.

Don't get too excited, it is just one step up from the hit and giggle of the 20 over rubbish.

In a test match, if you are not up to standard, there is no where to hide, and there wasn't.

Whereas you can probably fluke 50% of the games in T20 and a few games here or there in ODI, occasionally you can even fluke 2 in a row, which is what has happened here, retribution will be swift tonight.

The sad fact is we are a crap team, with the odd glimmer of hope here and there.

You just avoided that flying egg didn't you? That swift retribution took every last ball of SA's 50 overs. Superb effort by our "crap" 1 day team!

Don't get too excited, it is just one step up from the hit and giggle of the 20 over rubbish.

In a test match, if you are not up to standard, there is no where to hide, and there wasn't.

Whereas you can probably fluke 50% of the games in T20 and a few games here or there in ODI, occasionally you can even fluke 2 in a row, which is what has happened here, retribution will be swift tonight.

The sad fact is we are a crap team, with the odd glimmer of hope here and there.

Yes Hesi word has filterted back from SA that the team is very happy with your outstanding support ;)

My fault we lost I woke up turned on the box just before Jimmy bowled that pie for 6 :(

Hope they are not stubborn pricks and not pick Jessie or Ross but I'm more concerned about Brendan's form and tactics and angry Martin doesn't look like he know's what to do to fix his problems - where the hell is the batting coach over there or is it Chris Martin !!!!

The pie thrower is a gem aint he?? A number 10 batsman can come in first ball and premeditate a a scoop/flick to fine leg and halfway through the delivery check his shot to a full swipe - thats how feeble Franklins deliveries are! Criminal how long he has remained a BC.

The pie thrower is a gem aint he?? A number 10 batsman can come in first ball and premeditate a a scoop/flick to fine leg and halfway through the delivery check his shot to a full swipe - thats how feeble Franklins deliveries are! Criminal how long he has remained a BC.

Sharpen up Torch. Mclaren had been in for ages. Bats at 7. Came in 42nd over and was dropped by Neesham, a sitter which was key moment. He hit the winning runs after having being in for an hour or so. Jimmy F is a a key one-day player. Should never play a test again tho 

Sharpen up Torch. Mclaren had been in for ages. Bats at 7. Came in 42nd over and was dropped by Neesham, a sitter which was key moment. He hit the winning runs after having being in for an hour or so. Jimmy F is a a key one-day player. Should never play a test again tho 

This is more accurate...... Jimmy is an ideal "finisher" coming in @ 7. He shouldn't be expected to bowl a full compliment of 10 overs imo....sharing with another "part timer" like Williamson makes more sense i.e. 5th bowler.

Looking forward to (well sort of) see Hesson's team selection's for the Pom's. Our "new"captain needs a decent knock in the test's to hold his playing spot........but that's open to debate.

Yes "that" mistake by Neesham definitely hurt our chances. Seems to be a player pretty full of himself and has risen to the top team very quickly (Hesson?!?!). The look on his face when he dropped the sitter has definitely brought him back down to earth.

Cant wait for the series with the Poms. Looking forward to hopefully seeing Trott show his class. Boult will give them all a hurry up I feel. Am preying we play Bruce Martin - could be more likely now with Patel taking time out due to the unfortunate passing of his mother.

Great to see Franklin set the world alight with his innings this morning. When was the last time an opposition took him as seriously as our blind selectors??! All the while players like Corey Anderson have to wait in the wings and when they get their chance they WIN us games. Sad.

In four years time one of the English cricketers will be prosecuted for betting on NZ .... mark my words lol.  It is truly the only time NZ cricket wins anything ...

Have you guys watched the games? It's fantastic viewing seeing the Banga crowd going off, packed stadium, hanging out of trees and off rooftops. They absolutely love it. Dancing and singing and supporting their team. Through thick and thin. Not like us eh. We're just waiting to jump on and crucify.

To be fair, Bangladesh in their conditions against our side, most of whom have very little experience at all, let alone over there, were always favourites. We looked exhausted. Hardly suprising in those conditions. We are on a shoestring budget so half of our guys didn't even get there until a couple days before the series started. Couple days to acclimatise is never enough.

We should also get a caning in Sri Lanka. That's the nature of cricket. Then we'll hammer them when they come over here. Conditions are everything in cricket.

But you're right, a poor tour. And 7-nil in one-dayers to Bangladesh over two tours is pretty ugly. Ronchi's not up to it. Elliott's no number 3. McCullum needs to keep to justify his place. Positives? Colin Munro and Corey Anderson looking handy.

Black caps - bloody embarrassing.

Is it actually possible they can get worse??

Why are they sending B. Bracewell, Taylor home for a rest instead of playing in Sri Lanka? These guys are supposed to be professionals. What a fucking a joke. They play a handful of games in Bangladesh then come home for a rest to freshen up for the West Indies. Who's bright idea was this? You don't see Virat Kohli or M.S. Dhoni having a rest, they play week after week, game after game, tests, 50 overs and T20 and they always deliver no matter what format. Our tossers under perform and get a rest as a reward. Beam me up Scotty... what an absolute joke we are.

The first part of the solution would be to have the same Test and 50,over team.

So you might have Guptill, Rutherford, Williamson, Taylor, McCullum, Anderson, Watling, Vetori, Bracewell, Wagner and Boult.

Add Ryder, The big hitting bowler and Munro and that's your 14 for the entire year. Tests and 50 overs.

People might disagree on the names, but you get the idea.

20-20 can just be a bunch of no-name sloggers, allowing the above 14 to rest up for the serious stuff.

I agree.. get a solid 14 together and work with them (add in a couple of up and comers to act as gofers and to help out in the nets) .. support the 14 and create a strong team.. they never used to switch and change so much.. they chose the best players based on their talent and created a unit that were there for each other in good games and bad.  Now we seem to switch someone after one bad game and there's no unity, no confidence building at all, it's just constant pressure to perform or you're out .. that pressure does nobody any good and if someone has the raw talent to be there then have faith in them as a coach and management and show them you do.

If you look at our successful players over the years they tend to be guys who were selected when they were young. eg. Vettori, Taylor, Guptill, Mc Cullum, Fleming, Oram, Mc Millan, Cairns, Parore. There have been a few exceptions like Richardson and Bond but I wouldn't be picking guys like Ronchi and Devicich personally. I remember when Vettori was picked as an 18yo-people were saying who?, he's too young etc but NZ Cricket took a risk and it paid off big time. I agree with the guy a few posts previous who said there is too much chopping and changing, it's no good going back to guys who have had their chances either. I think we've come a fair way from the days of the Marshall brothers, Craig Spearman, Mathew Sinclair etc. They were brilliant at provincial level but couldn't handle international level. Whether it was mental I'm not sure. I'm pretty confident it was in Sinclair's case, he always looked nervous and despite being Central Districts highest runscorer ever he could hardly buy a run at test level. I will remember him more for 'that catch' in a ODI in Australia when he caught it brilliantly, stood up and gave the crowd what for.

Don't forget too that the modern cricketer is a frail animal and needs many rest breaks  :rolleyes:

They've done a bit better over in Sri Lanka. Led by a man, who has taken a bagging as not up to it, but who I've always rated.

That's Nathan McCullum. A journeyman, in the shadow of his brother, who may not have the talent, but has a big heart.

All you can ask of a player is that he play up to his ability and so many of the Black Caps don't do this for one reason or another.

N. McCullum is one who does.

They've done a bit better over in Sri Lanka. Led by a man, who has taken a bagging as not up to it, but who I've always rated.

That's Nathan McCullum. A journeyman, in the shadow of his brother, who may not have the talent, but has a big heart.

All you can ask of a player is that he play up to his ability and so many of the Black Caps don't do this for one reason or another.

N. McCullum is one who does.

Yeah, he's one who came into the side as an older guy and has paid off.