RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pepawish

Dry or wet track

Hi All, can someone out there help with information on whether it is the dam or the sire that influences the progeny's ability on the nature of track they run on OR is it in the progeny's physical make up. Sales getting close and might help me make up my mind. LOL LOL Thanks in advance :D

In my experience its all up to the individual,I have had many horses by supposed wet track sires or out of a wet tracker who don`t like wet tracks&vice versa.Good luck at the sales though.

It is not clear fact at all, there is no way of comparing a mares wet track performances against a sires. Sires stand out because of volume. I am sure if surogacy was allowed and you had as many mare progeny as sire progeny, a more obvious bias for wet tracks would show up on a female line.

Hi All, can someone out there help with information on whether it is the dam or the sire that influences the progeny's ability on the nature of track they run on OR is it in the progeny's physical make up. Sales getting close and might help me make up my mind. LOL LOL Thanks in advance :D

It seems to be one of those areas where there is really no clear answer. It certainly seems at times that sires leave stock with a preference for certain footing. The horses physical make-up and in particular, their galloping action seems to affect the surfaces they can perform on.

There are familes with a noted prefernce for producing mudders - and those who produce top class horses who need hard and fast to produce their best.

Personally, I'd buy the best looking, best bred horse I could afford and go from there!