RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sweetpea

Very Interesting at Cambridge ....

In my humble opinion this is the worst decision I have seen in greyhound racing.

Gruff, when we raced Matanuska he was near on unbeatable out of the traps yet when the traps failed to open on this very same night a year ago and he hit his head on the traps he never ever jumped to the front at Cambridge again. So it is not a small thing.

If this had been a horse race and the stalls had failed to give the field an even start it would have been a non race or at least some late scratchings.

There was a lot of money on the inside three and they all did their dough cold. Not only that but if they had been given the chance to begin  normally you could have almost guaranteed that Bornato was never going to get the run he did.

The saddest part about this is that on 'On The Bunny' a few years ago they played two replays from two different meetings where this very same thing happened. In one case the race was declared a no race and in the other declared a race. We have learned nothing in the years since.

The correct decision would have been to run the race again at the next Waikato meeting. That would have been a penalty for the Southern dogs but at least they would have the option of a fair run.

It is not about if Bornato was the best dog in the race, Mosse and I can doosit have shown that the very best get beaten, it was about sticking to the rules.

stipes report which I still cant believe!!!!

"In race 10 just before the lure tripped the lids there was movment towards the inside due to the runner in the 2 box pushing against the lids Trainer G Cleeve lodged an objection by phone with the Stewards in regards to the start of his runner KNOW THOUGHT being denied a fair start from box 3 It was determined after reviewing the start that the lids lifted evenly across the whole field and the payout was authorised"

"The payout was held for for sometime after an objection was lodged by trainer Mr G Cleeve in respect of the start concerning his runner KNOW THOUGHT COSMIC MACK in box 2 had pushed up against the lids resulting in some movement just before the lure arrived to open the lids COSMIC MACK went up with the lids and lost a length"

So the blame is given to the 2 runner for pushing the lids open so a 32.6kg dog can push on side of a set of starting boxes to come undone!!!! Pretty weak boxes then!!!!

Whilst i personally think the decision to declare all clear was the wrong one, calling for the stipes sacking is a bit much. Mike Austin was in a loose loose situation, he would cop flack either way. The current rule, the rules that the stipes must enforce, allows for too much objective thought. Each stipe would have a different opinion. The rules regarding equiptment malfunction and it possible affect on the result of a race should be far more black and white. Also more attention to the failing and rundown tracks and equiptment in Nz should be paid.

Jason, you come on here and give shit to mr austin, and yet you wouldnt know half the rules to be enforced.

He eas in a sticky situation and the call was made, and he will stay by that.

whether, in your opinion or not it was the right one, he is the one in charge and he is the one to make these calls.

good on Mr Cleeve for ringing up and making that objection straight away, otherwise what would happen, nothing would be able to be done.

with this, came the review of the race, and the verdict given.

PUNKROCK, you are right, too much lee way is in the rules, and it does need to be more black and white, with consistency across all venues in NZ.

We all have our own opinions and thoughts, but a decision has been made by the person in charge, and whether we like it or not, it will stand, no matter what we say or do about it.

I personally think that Mr. Austin does a good job across the board of the races, he is consistent, sometimes too hard, but he doesnt favour anyone.

To call him the failed jockey, Jason, is crossing the line. Get a grip mate, name calling just shows how much of a person you are.

Having read the Stipendary Stewards why am i not surprised,, these guys have no fucken idea of how to read a race let alone being able to see when dogs are hampered in the boxes..

I slowed that side shot down  frame by frame of the traps being pushed forward by the 1,2 and the 3 dog,, you could clearly see the 1 dog hit the lid then rock backwards from the impact of head against steel..exact same thing happens with the 2 and 3 dogs..

Jason, you come on here and give shit to mr austin, and yet you wouldnt know half the rules to be enforced.

He eas in a sticky situation and the call was made, and he will stay by that.

whether, in your opinion or not it was the right one, he is the one in charge and he is the one to make these calls.

good on Mr Cleeve for ringing up and making that objection straight away, otherwise what would happen, nothing would be able to be done.

with this, came the review of the race, and the verdict given.

PUNKROCK, you are right, too much lee way is in the rules, and it does need to be more black and white, with consistency across all venues in NZ.

We all have our own opinions and thoughts, but a decision has been made by the person in charge, and whether we like it or not, it will stand, no matter what we say or do about it.

I personally think that Mr. Austin does a good job across the board of the races, he is consistent, sometimes too hard, but he doesnt favour anyone.

To call him the failed jockey, Jason, is crossing the line. Get a grip mate, name calling just shows how much of a person you are.

Mr Austin's race riding career 4 rides- 8th out of 18, Fell, 8th out of 11, 10th out of 13.

I feel I have a pretty good grasp of the rules so I disagree with that statement.

Have to agree with merv stipes couldnt read a race if it was a life or death matter. Shame we didnt get to see the race pan out how it should of

Because the stipe made a decision it does not mean it was the right one.  I like Mike and he does a good job, he is also a very capable horseman, however in my opinion he got it wrong on this occasion.

I would be surprised if Mike made that decision without running it past others.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind the 1,2 and 3 runners were inconvenienced and the punters did not get a fair run for their money regardless of which dog they backed. I think the decision lacked integrity.

I'm a bit stunned at the callousness in the comments.  Do you people not care those dogs are injured?  Some to the point of trackside euthanasia?  Is it nothing more than a lost bet or some lost funds?  Something is not quite right with you.  Thank God my dogs are rescued from people like you.

After extensively reviewing the tapes, with zoom and slow action replay, it is very clear that Alison Lees dog, rodriguez was disadvantaged, by alot!!

What I said about mr austin I stand by, but the tape clearly shows the wrong call was made.

Please.....stop being so crass and raw with each other, just a little decorum and restraint if you could thanks.

When you see people like ' stu.b ' coming on here and purposely trolling someone who adds good discussion to the forum and who's opinion is highly regarded, its hard not to tell them where to shove it.

When you see people like ' stu.b ' coming on here and purposely trolling someone who adds good discussion to the forum and who's opinion is highly regarded, its hard not to tell them where to shove it.

Stu barber---very disapointing coming from you,just because your life in greyhounds went pear shaped,no need for comments like that.

Has the Starter of the 13 races had his arse kicked or possibly been fired?

Look at the report (not that we can take that as being on the mark and correct perhaps as the night panned out) The distance race, the starter never bothered to check the electrical connections after the boxes had been shifted into place, ..How bloody slack is that?!!! There were dogs that were advantaged and disadvantaged by that cock up..fact!!.. The starter shagged up again when he didn't check that the latch (that malfunctioned)was correctly postioned and safe) fact.!!. Surely in such a position, and two obviously blatent cock ups from 13 he has to go.? Some one has to.?. because for far too long, far too many imcompetant cock ups have been occuring by these paid personnel .I believe it starts from the very top.,but that's just my opinion. I do wonder though.. if Mr.Cleeve that laid the complaint would of in actual fact, if his dog had fluked the start and got some prizemoney..:) I doubt it.....

Whether Mr Cleeve protested or not Sweetie is not the point. If officials had been doing their job properly they would have instigated an enquiry. It would still make sense for Gary to protest at anyrate even running a place. Rerun and he has a chance at the 1st prize, if they let it stand he would still get some of the loot.

Gary is not the fault.

The usual starter was not working on Thursday although the starter that was is experienced.

Wow! When i bet a dog race its a qwik fire raffle too me, i always look for the lazers on the bends!! Some dogs turn over and face backwards, some tap scratch, Lets go back too hutt park on the grass....guess what dogs like rain like horses.... Outside boxes...