RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sweetpea

Very Interesting at Cambridge ....

A big call but the dogs in the inside 1 2 3 were definately disadvantaged with the inside clip of the starting boxes opening prematurely.. My call "A No RACE"....you know the odds now beat them....

Common sense prevailed,the race

Panned out exactly as it looked on paper and the lid movement was negligable.good decision but should of been called alot sooner

common sense, the lids opened premeturely, you can see the 1 dog hit his head and the 2s foot trying to put it open, 1,2 and 3 dog walk out, clearly affected, reminds me of the lure falling off at wanganui clearly affecting 2 dogs and being given all clear..... what the ....

Disagree Gruff.. The boxes clearly malfunctioned...and that is an issue that should have determined the outcome .. The best dog won.. that is a fact but hey you could see the inside dogs lunge and miss the jump...

If, in the opinion of the Stewards, a Greyhound which does not finish in the first three

placings was prevented from taking an effective part in a Race owing to the

mechanical failure of starting boxes, or is denied a fair start and such occurrence

materially prejudiced the chances of that Greyhound (but not where the Greyhound is

slow away by its own accord), the Stewards may declare such a dog to be a nonstarter

thats the rule, like i said the stewards report will be very interesting

The malfunction was certainly of a minor nature all the same sweetpea,i can see what your saying but im with the slow acting stipes on this...after the boxs not opening in the stayers race the maintanence schedule may need to be monitored a little more closely

there is no such thing as minor in nature, the clip let go on the inside, putting off the inside dogs, it affected the start, cosmic mack is one of the best beginners, the 3 dog lead its heat last week, theyve walked out, were so lucky not known for its speed leads and bornato who u expected to come out last is 3rd.... to say it hasnt affected the race youve got no idea. how can u get people to put trust in the decision makers and the industry when u see things like this.

This decision is an absolute disgrace!!

I have never known for a race to be declared a "fair" race when the boxes have CLEARLY malfunctioned and the inside dogs were all affected.

Do the stipes just do what they like now with no consideration to the effects of their decisions?

It would be bad enough to have travelled all the way from Canterbury to Cambridge to have my dog trying to climb under the lids when they thought the lids were going to open, but to not get the chance to go back to what should of been a re-run would make me livid.

Wonder if it would of been a different result if the local trainer hadn't of won the race?  (no offence to the trainer, the dog is a machine and a great trainer to boot)

Luke Philips(had to change my username as racecafe won't let me login using my own name anymore?)

I had the two and wont lose any sleep.The no race should of been race 11,you take a field to the start the dogs are ready to race,then you put that race back 20 mins?crazy

So if it panned out the way it should have on paper why did you back the two Snuff:?) If the great Mr Cole owned the one dog I wonder what his views would have been?. The fact that race 11 copped the crap was because the Head Steward himself would have stained his knikkers bigtime and some.. For once Greyhound racing gets a wake up call "on air" I wouldn't mind betting theres a bit more to come......

I had the two for the minors sweetcheeks,my bets were around the rapid trappers 5&6,it panned out as expected,how did this efffect the 3 inside? The dogs react to the lids springing open rapidly,these three headbutt the lid?

Tonight is just another prime example at the lack of correctly working equitment through out the entire country! I call on GRNZ to have a look at all equitment and make sure everything works!!!! it happens over and over and over again. Also a definite rule about malfunctions and the declaring of non race is definately needed!!

I had the two for the minors sweetcheeks,my bets were around the rapid trappers 5&6,it panned out as expected,how did this efffect the 3 inside? The dogs react to the lids springing open rapidly,these three headbutt the lid?

your not a trainer are you gruff, you are kidding

Gruff you obviously don't know a lot about the greyhound going by your statement's!!

If you could see thru the boxes I could almost guarantee AT LEAST the dogs in boxes 1 and 2 would of hit their heads on the lids when they though the lids had opened, and you really think this wouldn't of affected them?  Really?

I was raised with greyhounds sweetcheeks,and my brothers and i use to watch our dogs from the traps down the back at kumeu,ive lost

$ at southland on a dog whose leg was lifted over 90 degrees from the bottom of the trap and they didnt batter an eyelid.

I was raised with greyhounds sweetcheeks,and my brothers and i use to watch our dogs from the traps down the back at kumeu,ive lost

$ at southland on a dog whose leg was lifted over 90 degrees from the bottom of the trap and they didnt batter an eyelid.

and do u think this is good enough gruff? or do u think we deserve better?

This decision is an absolute disgrace!!

I have never known for a race to be declared a "fair" race when the boxes have CLEARLY malfunctioned and the inside dogs were all affected.

Do the stipes just do what they like now with no consideration to the effects of their decisions?

It would be bad enough to have travelled all the way from Canterbury to Cambridge to have my dog trying to climb under the lids when they thought the lids were going to open, but to not get the chance to go back to what should of been a re-run would make me livid.

Wonder if it would of been a different result if the local trainer hadn't of won the race?  (no offence to the trainer, the dog is a machine and a great trainer to boot)

Luke Philips(had to change my username as racecafe won't let me login using my own name anymore?)

Both Stipes should resign,the time they took was disgusting, to let race 11 come out with a enqiry in place was not on----it is clear these guys have no knowlege of the rules of greyhound racing.--------The race should have been a no race,dogs were affected,and the punters who backed the inside dogs should have been refunded.----it is getting to the stage up north where the confidence in the stipes is at an all time low.

Mountain out of a molehill? There is no way there was ever enough room for these dogs to force their paws under thr lid and all 3 dogs jumped evenly where the one dog should of clearly been the worst effected.not the sort

Of thing you want to see on a regular basis but not a hanging offence..move on,everything in this games a gamble and a little common sense should prevail

I find it very disheartening when trainers have to travel for some 3 days and 2000 odd kilometres and you have a paid employee who; 1) dosnt know the rules

2)either cant read a race or cant understand that a malfunction of this type denies a dog or dogs the chance to compete fairly in a race

3) cant make a decision for some 20 minutes and when they do its the wrong one..

I dont know what the criteria is when applying for these jobs but it certainly appears  that you dont need  a brain, but if you do happen to have one God forbid you dont have to use it as part of the employment criteria..

Boxes 1-2 and 3 were taken out of the race even before the lids opened..                                           

Mountain out of a molehill? There is no way there was ever enough room for these dogs to force their paws under thr lid and all 3 dogs jumped evenly where the one dog should of clearly been the worst effected.not the sort

Of thing you want to see on a regular basis but not a hanging offence..move on,everything in this games a gamble and a little common sense should prevail

ill say it again..... you are kidding