RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bert

Hawke's Bay supporters - get a grip

Thats some pretty poor behaviour, especially towards his children. Some people ....

Correct me if I am wrong here but that late 'no try' call against Taranaki, I think the referee denied the try because he ruled a knock on had occurred in the play (prior to the kick through to Hayward forcing the ball). Video refs can't rule on knock-ons can they? Therefore the on-field ref would not have gone to the video ref and even if he had, the video could not have told him there was a knock on.

Thats some pretty poor behaviour, especially towards his children. Some people ....

Correct me if I am wrong here but that late 'no try' call against Taranaki, I think the referee denied the try because he ruled a knock on had occurred in the play (prior to the kick through to Hayward forcing the ball). Video refs can't rule on knock-ons can they? Therefore the on-field ref would not have gone to the video ref and even if he had, the video could not have told him there was a knock on.

Yes they can Intense.

I think everyone has a short term memory when it comes to 'their team', and that type of behavior is appalling (especially towards his kids), i mean i only threw one can, but some other blokes threw 3 and 4!

The refs and touchies should go under assumed names or something like that and maybe rubber masks, so you can't recognize them.

(now remove tongue from cheek)

Yep thought they were a bit lucky against the other Bay as well, with a knock-on in the lead-up to the last gasp Guildford try - swings and roundabouts.

If you're in the crowd and your old man is the touch-judge, probably not a good idea to let the people around you know that.

Mind you, in an inbreeding haven like the Bay, everybody probably knows everybody anyway.

Ain't that the truth PFF.

I was wondering past the Court buildings in Napier the other day where I saw a rather distressed lady who was in tears.

The bloke with her was trying to comfort her.

"Calm down now Sheryl, even though we're now divorced, it doesn't stop us still being brother and sister" ;)

And we wonder about why we have road rage,FFS those who get tits in a tangle about the call,it's only a bloody game.Targeting the guys family is sickening,hell even a world cup defeat(and we've had a sh.tload of em)doesn't annoy me,sure dissapointing but not end of the world.Parochialism is great,but can go overboard at times.

As we are told winning doesn't matter at school age this might not help,but neither does ranting about losing in a close match.

Were you in town for the 'sitting on the porch strumming your ukulele' competition?, if so, how did you go?

I did see that competition advertised when I was down in the Bay onthenose. I never saw the official results in any media ( I presume the results were only of interest to the locals) but is it true your aunty won it??? If so you must be incredibly proud of your sister ;)

You are quite correct intense the TMO cannot rule on a knock on in the field of play unlike someone on here suggests.

You are quite correct intense the TMO cannot rule on a knock on in the field of play unlike someone on here suggests.

Ok Traka, so the ref goes upstairs and asks the TMO, 'is there any reason why I shouldn't award the try'.

The TMO reviews the replays, spots a knock on in there, what's his reply going to be?

Ok Traka, so the ref goes upstairs and asks the TMO, 'is there any reason why I shouldn't award the try'.

The TMO reviews the replays, spots a knock on in there, what's his reply going to be?

When the Ref asks that question he is referring to anything that may or may not have happened "in goal".

The TMO cant say "oh there was a knock on back at half way so no try, scrum at the halfway line".

In union the TMO can only rule on actions that happen in the in goal.

When the Ref asks that question he is referring to anything that may or may not have happened "in goal".

The TMO cant say "oh there was a knock on back at half way so no try, scrum at the halfway line".

I remember this statement from 12 months ago

All Black coach Graham Henry is backing an increase in the use of technology, including a greater use of TV replays, in deciding on contentious refereeing calls.

The IRB has overnight granted South African officials their approval to increase the powers of the TV match official in their Currie Cup competition.

At present the TMO is only allowed to rule on the grounding of the ball.

But the IRB

Been like that for ages traka.

Lmao at know all bert. Thought from what one reads on here he had a clue.

Seems not. Spends more time chasing old ladies on the thoroughbred forum.

Hmm now I'm really confused about this ruling on a knock-on thing. Anyone know the official word?

There is nothing to be confused about intense, you were right in the first place.

Currently, the TMO can only rule on happenings in the in goal.

Wackj.

I think the savings made by not having a TMO during the round robin games was to help towards the $40m loss that is projected for holding the world cup.

But its all good, we can watch the games on any channel we turn to, cool huh?

Intense, the IRB are very wordy about the TMO...

Get a big cup of coffee, add the appropriate level of spirit and read on...

Here's one example:

Television Match Official Communication Guidelines

The referee will blow time out and make the

Indeed, very disappointing behaviour by the Hawke's Bay supporters. Spitting at match officials and abusing their family is a shameful way to carry on just because you lose a game of footy.

But lets not kid ourselves and pretend that this kind of disgraceful conduct is anyway unique to feral pie fans. It is in fact widespread. Visiting teams to NZ are regularly abused, and often have bottles and cans thrown at them. This happened very recently to the French team following their test win against the ABs. Opposition kickers are booed and jeered whenever they line up a kick for goal. Officials are inevitably blamed whenever the ABs lose. The name Wayne Barnes is now ingrained in the national psyche. But he's only the latest. There were others before him. If I recall correctly Kaplan was also blamed for an AB defeat, apparently he added on too much extra time at the end of a game, and then awarded a winning penalty kick to the opposition.

And lets not forget the shameful treatment given to John Hart following the ABs early exit from the 1999 World Cup. He was spat upon and his family abused by fans at Addington, they even jeered and threw cans at his horse. It was an ugly and sickening display, yet not unrepresentative of the mentality of the typical Ruggeroid supporter.

Indeed, very disappointing behaviour by the Hawke's Bay supporters. Spitting at match officials and abusing their family is a shameful way to carry on just because you lose a game of footy.

But lets not kid ourselves and pretend that this kind of disgraceful conduct is anyway unique to feral pie fans. It is in fact widespread. Visiting teams to NZ are regularly abused, and often have bottles and cans thrown at them. This happened very recently to the French team following their test win against the ABs. Opposition kickers are booed and jeered whenever they line up a kick for goal. Officials are inevitably blamed whenever the ABs lose. The name Wayne Barnes is now ingrained in the national psyche. But he's only the latest. There were others before him. If I recall correctly Kaplan was also blamed for an AB defeat, apparently he added on too much extra time at the end of a game, and then awarded a winning penalty kick to the opposition.

And lets not forget the shameful treatment given to John Hart following the ABs early exit from the 1999 World Cup. He was spat upon and his family abused by fans at Addington, they even jeered and threw cans at his horse. It was an ugly and sickening display, yet not unrepresentative of the mentality of the typical Ruggeroid supporter.

I agree it is getting out of hand. With the Australians being notorious for bad crowd behaviour, Australasia is developing a bit of a bad reputation. Sides will soon not bother coming to this part of the world.